Danny Klassen Update

Derek in Tucson

Veteran
Reaction score
I don't know if I should post this, but what the heck I will anyway. Last year Klassen played a lot for the Sidewinders. We used to sit in the general vicinity of his wife, about one section over with plenty of empty seats in between. How did we know it was his wife? Well for the entire game this woman wouldn't pay attention at all to what was going on....except when Klassen came up. Then she'd be on the edge of her seat rooting her hubby on.

Now it probably wasn't a classy thing for us to get a chuckle out of this, and we certainly didn't heckle her or even make it known to her that we knew what was going on. It was just one of those things a baseball fan at a minor league game gets a small pleasure from seeing. *Sniff*, I'm going to miss Danny, and seeing his wife at the games this year.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I am glad to hear that his wife supports him. My wife could give a **** what I do as long as my pay check is in there the first and 15th of every month. Damn I am cold.....can you tell I am sleeping on the couch tonight?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I know that not everyone can make it in the Major Leagues . . .

. . . but Klassen showed such promise early on -- a line-drive hitting, good fielding shortstop. The kind who should be solid in the Majors, develop power as time goes by, and finish his career as a respectable 3B.

I wonder what happened. Was he not developed properly? (It didn't look that way.) Did he lack what it takes?

Anyone have any ideas?

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Go

Originally posted by BC867
I know that not everyone can make it in the Major Leagues . . .

. . . but Klassen showed such promise early on -- a line-drive hitting, good fielding shortstop. The kind who should be solid in the Majors, develop power as time goes by, and finish his career as a respectable 3B.

I wonder what happened. Was he not developed properly? (It didn't look that way.) Did he lack what it takes?

Anyone have any ideas?

The guy couldn't stay healthy. He had potential, but had numerous injuries that hampered his develpment. Then we got overloaded with infielders and Klassen fell out of favor.

adam
________
SUZUKI DL1000 V-STROM HISTORY

Last edited:

FORKTUNG

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by Derek in Tucson
I don't know if I should post this, but what the heck I will anyway. Last year Klassen played a lot for the Sidewinders. We used to sit in the general vicinity of his wife, about one section over with plenty of empty seats in between. How did we know it was his wife? Well for the entire game this woman wouldn't pay attention at all to what was going on....except when Klassen came up. Then she'd be on the edge of her seat rooting her hubby on.

Are you sure that wasn't Klassens#1groupie? Blonde hair?

Derek in Tucson

Veteran
Reaction score
Did he lack what it takes?

Yes. He didn't quite have what it took to play SS in the field, and didn't hit enough to be a good enough 2B or 3B. In just over 1,000 at bats in AAA, he's hit .265/.324/.420 in a hitter's park.

Are you sure that wasn't Klassens#1groupie? Blonde hair?

Nope, she had long brown hair that was always coiffed in a well done perm, and wore a rock on her finger the size of Rhode Island.

AZZenny

Reaction score
Meanwhile, Jason Conti The Cannon just got traded from DevilRays to Brewers. I guess that's sort of a parallel career move, not up or down.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson