Wonder where Pat Tillman is now!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I bet he's somewhere near Bagdad! Hope he and ALL the troops will be OK! Go Pat! Free Iraq!

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess is the special forces are mostly in the north, in the Kurd areas, operating without benefit of heavy armor or artillery.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by Skkorpion
My guess is the special forces are mostly in the north, in the Kurd areas, operating without benefit of heavy armor or artillery.

Isn't working with local resistance groups a Green Beret specialty?

jmr667

Random Poster
Reaction score
He went into the Rangers, right? CNN reported they were the ones who had taken control of the airfields in western Iraq. The airfields were called H2 and H3 on the news.

Big_Red_One

Rookie
Reaction score
Airfield seizure is the bread and butter of Rangers. They took down the airfields, I would put money on it! Especially since you have not heard on the news which outfit was invovled.

You are not going to put Rangers anywhere near armor as they are light Infantry, so I would guess they hit the airfields and are slowly moving towards Bagdad to take up blocking positions.
Or they hit the terrorist camp up in the northern area.

Big_Red_One

Rookie
Reaction score
Section 11, you are correct the SF specialty is as a force mutiplier. They have many other missions but that is their main mission.

AZ1766

Veteran
Reaction score
Pat is a ranger, not special forces. Some are deployed some aren't.
Please, keep all of those in harms way, and the rest of us, in your thoughts and prayers.
Believe in your country and be proud of it.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
My uncle is a SF, green beret. He is in Saudi Arabia right now training the Saudies to do something.

My brother is a Green Beret and he is still sitting in Washington state right now. I wonder if they are keeping his unit behind because of North Korea?

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Not only will I post but I have changed my icon. Tilly you rock! Come back soon.

DRVNFAST

Homey don't play that!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah that picture makes me proud.

200 lbs. of whoop ass comin' up.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by DRVNFAST
Ah that picture makes me proud.

200 lbs. of whoop ass comin' up.

holy ****, he looks ****ing tough!

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's great - I'm glad someone found a pic.

I know he doesn't want publicity, but it is nice to hear how he's doing.

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
I hope someday we can honor Pat Tillman during half-time what a day that will be. He alone could fill the stadium with fans where the Bidwill's cannot.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by RonF
I hope someday we can honor Pat Tillman during half-time what a day that will be. He alone could fill the stadium with fans where the Bidwill's cannot.

I don't think he would accept the honor since he has refused any and all publicity up to this point. It would be better for the Cards to embrace all the Armed Forces as opposed to one guy...even though that guy is a member of the "family".

Let me get this out ifrst, I admire what Tillman did but he is no more special than anyone else. He gets all the news because of his circumstances but that does irritate me a bit. My brother-in-law is a Cpt and is working on his 8th year in the Army. He is a career man likely yet does anyone talk about him?? Or even know his name? What about the grunt who is crawling across the sand having the enemy trying (poorly it appears) to shoot is ass off?

Again, Tillman did an honorable thing but he is simply no different than anyother serviceperson. May fate shine favorably on EVERYONE involved from the coalition.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCB34
I don't think he would accept the honor since he has refused any and all publicity up to this point. It would be better for the Cards to embrace all the Armed Forces as opposed to one guy...even though that guy is a member of the "family".

Let me get this out first, I admire what Tillman did but he is no more special than anyone else. He gets all the news because of his circumstances but that does irritate me a bit. My brother-in-law is a Cpt and is working on his 8th year in the Army. He is a career man likely yet does anyone talk about him?? Or even know his name? What about the grunt who is crawling across the sand having the enemy trying (poorly it appears) to shoot is ass off?

Again, Tillman did an honorable thing but he is simply no different than anyother serviceperson. May fate shine favorably on EVERYONE involved from the coalition.

What multi-million-dollar career did your brother-in-law put aside in order to become a career military man?

Likely he didn't. Tillman did. That is amazing regardless of who any of us know in the military...

And the press is making a big deal of the Tillman scenario, he isn't. Obviously this being a Cards' board, Tillman is going to get his mention and his props. Now, because of you, so has your brother-in-law.

I am proud of ALL of our military men and women, whether they get their names in the papers or not.

At least the war coverage does get info from the soldiers when they talk to them, asking many soldiers their names, where they're from, if they want to say anything to family back home, etc.

The local news and newspapers also do a lot of individual soldier stories as well. I'm sure if your brother-in-laws folks submitted a story to a paper or a news channel, he'd get a profile done on him.

But, then again, that's not why any of the soldiers are doing what they are doing.

It's about freedom, not fame.

Please keep us up to date on your brother-in-law. I've got friends over there this time, but no family.

My brother-in-law did go to 2 aircraft carriers near Bahrain for 2 to 3 weeks before the beginning of the war. He is a civilian engineer at the Port Hueneme Naval Base in Oxnard, CA. He couldn't tell anyone, even his wife, where he was going ahead of time, or what he would be doing.