Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Monday, June 6, 2005

CARDINALS SIGN

FB HAROLD MORROW

Tempe, AZ – The Arizona Cardinals today announced that the team has signed fullback Harold Morrow to a one-year contract. In accordance with club policy, terms were not disclosed.

The 32-year-old Morrow (5-11, 232) spent the last two seasons with Baltimore (2003-2004) appearing in 15 games in 2004, leading the Ravens with 21 tackles (15 solo) on special teams.

Originally signed as an undrafted rookie free agent by the Dallas Cowboys in 1996 out of Auburn, Morrow was released in training camp and signed by the Minnesota Vikings where he appeared in 99 regular season games (two starts) from 1996-2002.

A special teams standout during his nine seasons in the league, Morrow has appeared in 129 career games with two starts and nine postseason contests collecting 161 career special teams tackles. In limited play on offensive, Morrow has 17 carries for 75 yards (4.4 yard avg.) and 14 receptions for 144 yards (10.3 yard avg.). He also has returned 19 kickoffs for 362 yards (19.1 yard avg.).

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
100%CardsFan said:
Why do we need another FB???

Ayanbadejo will be the starter, and Hodgins is too expensive for a backup FB when you consider he's not much of a special teams player. This Morrow guy has been one of the better special teams player in the league over his career.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
Ayanbadejo will be the starter, and Hodgins is too expensive for a backup FB when you consider he's not much of a special teams player. This Morrow guy has been one of the better special teams player in the league over his career.

It certainly looks like Hodgins is on his way out the door so I wonder why he hasn't been cut yet. One thing about DG, if he doesn't think he wants to keep a player then the guy doesn't even make it to training camp. If Hodgins is on the team when preseason rolls around then we have to assumer that DG does have some plans for him and that there is a real competition at FB.

spanky1

Reaction score
Assface said:
It certainly looks like Hodgins is on his way out the door so I wonder why he hasn't been cut yet. One thing about DG, if he doesn't think he wants to keep a player then the guy doesn't even make it to training camp. If Hodgins is on the team when preseason rolls around then we have to assumer that DG does have some plans for him and that there is a real competition at FB.

I would have to agree with the above.........after all......like a weather report, it would be hard not for one of the above not to happen! :)

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
As we type...

...Denny green is contacting Tom Donahue to discuss a straight-up trade of Hodges for Henry.

Denny has noticed TD's pechent for converting TE's into OL and thinks he may want to try with a FB.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Morrows name was brought up back in February and the possibility of him coming here.

As far as cutting Hodgins, lets not be in too much of a hurry. It would be silly to cut a decent player only to have your starter go down to injury.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
slanidrac16 said:
Morrows name was brought up back in February and the possibility of him coming here.

As far as cutting Hodgins, lets not be in too much of a hurry. It would be silly to cut a decent player only to have your starter go down to injury.

That wouldn't be any different than the situation we had last year when Hodgins was on IR the whole season. The difference this year, we'd have an experienced backup in Morrow.

But, whatever. I'm fine if Hodgins stays, I'm fine if he's cut. If someone becomes available at CB, I'd say that position is more of a need right now.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
100%CardsFan said:
I like Hodgins, Cool as hell and he boxes at my Gym.
Thats sweet. lol

I do wish we would give him a chance.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Redheart said:
...Denny green is contacting Tom Donahue to discuss a straight-up trade of Hodges for Henry.

Denny has noticed TD's pechent for converting TE's into OL and thinks he may want to try with a FB.

BIM: penchant (French for tendency or propensity) :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave