2023 NBA Playoffs - Other Teams

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Even though they have different issues Ayton and Bam are very similar. Also, Max Strus shooting 16% from the field in the finals yeeeeesh.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even though they have different issues Ayton and Bam are very similar. Also, Max Strus shooting 16% from the field in the finals yeeeeesh.
I can say with confidence that each of those two players is much better than the other. I just can't tell you which night, which week or which month each of them is the better player.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Ish but I don't really care if he stays or goes. The problem wasn't Ish, it was that we used an absolute end of the bench player like a key rotation player. That's on Monty for being stupid enough to use him that way or the Front Office for being so incompetent that Monty felt he had no other choice.

The Suns need to start developing young players with more upside for depth.

Personally, I would have preferred for them to add Saban Lee to their 15-man roster rather than Ish.

He is going to be 29 when the season starts.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns need to start developing young players with more upside for depth.

Personally, I would have preferred for them to add Saban Lee to their 15-man roster rather than Ish.

He is going to be 29 when the season starts.

I agree but you also need solid practice players. The NBA allows a large enough roster for both especially with the two way options.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree but you also need solid practice players. The NBA allows a large enough roster for both especially with the two way options.

Monty had his favorite players. I want the Suns to start adding players that have a chance to take the next step. It was inevitable he would go with Ish even though point guard was the greater need. It would have been nice to see Lee get his feet wet in the playoffs.

We need to find out if two-way players can play.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Obviously no ring for us but do we get cufflinks for coming closer than anyone else?

Nah, we could have got cuff links before the trade. Maybe the Suns should get a half the horse trophy.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tyler Herro will play tonight for the Heat.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tip-off.

Nuggets lead the Finals playoff series 3-1.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heat had a golden opportunity to get off to a fast start with the Nuggets missing shots and turning the ball over.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Michael Porter Jr is one of the worst defenders I've ever seen.

It's crazy how well they are playing despite him being an anchor this entire series.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Miami playing great defense but both fouls on Murray were bad calls and 2 of the 3 on Gordon were ticky tack that aren't being called at the other end.

A cynic would suggest the league wants a game 6.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Michael Porter Jr is one of the worst defenders I've ever seen.

It's crazy how well they are playing despite him being an anchor this entire series.

He'd be a great sixth man microwave elsewhere but his ceiling is basically 4th or 5th best starter who can knock down 3's and needs hidden on defense. Got to give Denver credit for acquiring Gordon to be their 3rd star of sorts because MPJ won't ever reach that level. They're probably going to have let Gordon walk eventually because they overpaid MPJ so much. Gordon is making like 60% of what MPJ does.

The Monte Morris for KCP trade ended up being a big move for them also. Washington wanted youth and with Murray back for Denver they needed a bigger off guard who can handle PG's defensively. So that swap was sneaky good. Pope is likely gone when his deal is done also because they're cash strapped with MPJ's deal and his injury history means less teams will gamble on him in a deal that brings back good talent for Denver.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He'd be a great sixth man microwave elsewhere but his ceiling is basically 4th or 5th best starter who can knock down 3's and needs hidden on defense. Got to give Denver credit for acquiring Gordon to be their 3rd star of sorts because MPJ won't ever reach that level. They're probably going to have let Gordon walk eventually because they overpaid MPJ so much. Gordon is making like 60% of what MPJ does.

The Monte Morris for KCP trade ended up being a big move for them also. Washington wanted youth and with Murray back for Denver they needed a bigger off guard who can handle PG's defensively. So that swap was sneaky good. Pope is likely gone when his deal is done also because they're cash strapped with MPJ's deal and his injury history means less teams will gamble on him in a deal that brings back good talent for Denver.

I think their hope is Braun continues to improve and Peyton Watson makes a big jump and they can eventually move MPJ out of the starting lineup. Watson isn't ready and Braun is probably a bit smaller than they want since the size with MPJ in there is a big deal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA