ASU Football Schedule 2023

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the ASU non-conference kickoff and television schedule.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here is the ASU non-conference kickoff and television schedule.

I thought P12 Network was done? Thought there was a discussion here indicating such, but maybe I'm thinking of something else.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought P12 Network was done? Thought there was a discussion here indicating such, but maybe I'm thinking of something else.

Bally Sports Arizona is supposedly no longer carrying the Suns, but I believe there is a lawsuit pending.

I don't know about the PAC-12 Network.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASU will be at Camp Tontozona August 10-12 with a Saturday morning scrimmage open to the public.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ASU will be at Camp Tontozona August 10-12 with a Saturday morning scrimmage open to the public.

That's a good start . Would like to see them up there for a week or so.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
109 days and counting until my son and I go to the Cal game... :rockon:

In other news, a new field going in

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASU is picked to finish 10th in the PAC-12 preseason media poll.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ASU is picked to finish 10th in the PAC-12 preseason media poll.

That’s the thing about this team. They could literally finish anywhere from 6th to 12th…yes they could end up worst in the conference although I find the odds of that happening is really long.

8-10 seems to be the sweet spot based on the other teams in the league

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s the thing about this team. They could literally finish anywhere from 6th to 12th…yes they could end up worst in the conference although I find the odds of that happening is really long.

I'm expecting ASU to be much, much better than last season. If not, I will be disappointed. They should be a handful on offense.

It's hard to know how quickly it comes together under coach Dillingham.

I still think Trenton Bourguet has the making of a good quarterback and their receiving corp is a strong point.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

That’s basically how I see it. Some reason for optimism but lots of uncertainty. It will be an interesting season, for sure, and I’m wondering who the QB will be!

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm expecting ASU to be much, much better than last season. If not, I will be disappointed. They should be a handful on offense.

It's hard to know how quickly it comes together under coach Dillingham.

I still think Trenton Bourguet has the making of a good quarterback and their receiving corp is a strong point.
I am expecting them to be better than last year but I am not sure it shows up in the W column

Bourguet is serviceable but his arm strength is suspect. Other skill positions seem well stocked. OL is huge question mark.

There will be a learning curve with Dillingham as he learns how to be HC and the players learning new systems.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s basically how I see it. Some reason for optimism but lots of uncertainty. It will be an interesting season, for sure, and I’m wondering who the QB will be!
Based on Speak of the Devils podcast observations, it appears as though Bourguet had the best spring and it sounds like he may be the current leader

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would not be surprised if they finish higher than 6th either based upon the talent brought in. I think our D will be much better, problem is that guys like Rising, Williams, Penix....are all back for another year which is insane.

I expect to see a big emphasis on putting pressure on the QB and we have the talent to do it though we'll see if it gives us some W's or not.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Feels wildly optimistic. It mostly depends on the OL and DL. If those are competent to good, I could see a crazy season develop. If not, ugh.
The author is an Information Security Analyst at Wells Fargo. So, he knows...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like the quarterback battle comes down to three players.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It looks like the quarterback battle comes down to three players.

I wanted Pyne to win the job this season, but may the best man win the job. Bourguet is certainly not going away, and he seems to have a lot of "intangibles" to go along with his talent.

I have not seen Jacob Conover mentioned recently. I think he was a four-star recruit at BYU, like Pyne was at Notre Dame. Odd man out?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted Pyne to win the job this season, but may the best man win the job. Bourguet is certainly not going away, and he seems to have a lot of "intangibles" to go along with his talent.

I have not seen Jacob Conover mentioned recently. I think he was a four-star recruit at BYU, like Pyne was at Notre Dame. Odd man out?

Agree. Let the best man win.

The intelligence of Trenton Bourguet reminds me a bit of Danny white, although he was the superior runner and had the stronger arm.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agree. Let the best man win.

The intelligence of Trenton Bourguet reminds me a bit of Danny white, although he was the superior runner and had the stronger arm.

Just listening to KD talk about how he wants a smart quarterback, etc., I think it is pretty clear that TB is the best match and should be the starter. The background stuff on TB that we posted in the other thread and seeing him take over last year, the guy is totally a coach on the field and highly intelligent as you stated.

But it will be interesting to see how the season develops. I can see TB going down with an injury at some point and Pyne coming in and doing a stellar job, being tough to take out. Sounds like Rashada is coming along nicely, but this will probably be a transition maybe even a redshirt year for him. I expect his big challenge for the starting position to be next year. And with his physical skills, it will be tough to keep him off the field once he has a strong grasp of the system.

As an aside, I am worn out of all the preseason stuff. With ASU and the Suns. Enough talk, let's play some damn ball!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave