Cardinals announce they have released Hopkins - Signed with Titans

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It makes the "Criticize the Cardinals At All Cost" crowd look ridiculous.

The Cardinals were foolish to think they were getting anything of real value from Hopkins. I can say that now, in retrospect.

But to criticize them for not eating salary for another team and missing out on a day three pick is ridiculous. It makes no sense.
The "defend the cardinals at all costs" crowd looks ridiculous, none more so than with this post. It's been less than a week, but because Nuk hasn't been signed to a big-money contract in...checks calendar...less than a week during the...checks calendar again...time of the year when teams don't have a lot of cap space, "It makes the 'criticize the cardinals at all costs' crowd look ridiculous." Yeah, logic fail there. Massively. Nuk probably won't sign for quite a while until he realizes his pie-in-the-sky demands won't be met.

This is just an inflammatory statement because you know it isn't true. You just want to be contrary. I should know; I'm often a contrarian. So, you aren't in that "defend the cards at all costs" crowd, although you're gleefully fanning the flames. Which is worse than simply having an honest opinion and stating it without insulting whole swathes of the board.
Enough. Both of you.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
What, Nuk wants a lot of money but these teams are now up against the cap? In June? Say it ain't so! lol
What? The Bills haven't had a ton of cap space all off-season. They had about $10 million in March and $4 million early in May, after signing their rookies and own FAs. Never enough to accommodate Hopkins.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The "defend the cardinals at all costs" crowd looks ridiculous, none more so than with this post. It's been less than a week, but because Nuk hasn't been signed to a big-money contract in...checks calendar...less than a week during the...checks calendar again...time of the year when teams don't have a lot of cap space, "It makes the 'criticize the cardinals at all costs' crowd look ridiculous." Yeah, logic fail there. Massively. Nuk probably won't sign for quite a while until he realizes his pie-in-the-sky demands won't be met.

This is just an inflammatory statement because you know it isn't true. You just want to be contrary. I should know; I'm often a contrarian. So, you aren't in that "defend the cards at all costs" crowd, although you're gleefully fanning the flames. Which is worse than simply having an honest opinion and stating it without insulting whole swathes of the board.
Honestly I just think those of us (me included) who thought the Cardinals could get anything of real value were deluded to begin with.

This is a player who will soon hit the Julio Jones territory: once great player who has had some injuries and will likely start declining rapidly and have even more injuries. He also is mercurial and is a bit of a mercenary.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
9 mill or 9 mill in cap space? Also, you told me; you didn't show me. I'm not questioning your veracity, just asking for the link.
This is a distinction without a difference. 9 mil would hit this year's cap. Which means you have 9 mil less next year. If you use it you can't roll it over. Not to mention it cost more than just releasing him. What link you asking for?

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This is a distinction without a difference. 9 mil would hit this year's cap. Which means you have 9 mil less next year. If you use it you can roll it over. Not to mention it cost more than just releasing him. What link you asking for?
What link? What those players' numbers were.

Some posters have posited we're going to have up to 100 mill in cap space next season. Cap space wins nothing and plays no position. If we can get two viable long-term starters for 9 mill next year, great! Not having rolled over 9 mill from this offseason won't make a bit of difference to our ability to do that. It kind of feels like we're starting to roll out excuses as to why we don't get good FAs next year.

Honestly? I don't Monti can do one iota of wrong in many peoples' eyes.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
We spoke via PM. I apologize for being a bit of a jerk, but when I log on to 8 different notifications and some posters refer to my takes as "deranged" and stuff like that, it gets a little annoying.
I also apologized. As per my reply to @WisconsinCard, I get cranky because I perceive Monti as being Teflon at this point. Some folks want him to bear no blame whatsoever. That's not @Krangodnzr but I reacted to his post like it is. Mea culpa.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
What link? What those players' numbers were.

Some posters have posited we're going to have up to 100 mill in cap space next season. Cap space wins nothing and plays no position. If we can get two viable long-term starters for 9 mill next year, great! Not having rolled over 9 mill from this offseason won't make a bit of difference to our ability to do that. It kind of feels like we're starting to roll out excuses as to why we don't get good FAs next year.

Honestly? I don't Monti can do one iota of wrong in many peoples' eyes.
Go to any of the cap sites. Allen has a 6 mil cap hit for next year and Murphy's is less than 2.9 mil. Hard to post links from my phone as I am out on the lake right now.

Last edited:

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
The Vikings are dumping Cook in another tried to trade but couldn't find a deal scenario. I think we are going to see more of this as teams just aren't as willing to roll the dice in a trade on a aging veteran who has shown definite signs of wear, injuries, PEDs, etc. when they could wait until they are released and then decide if they are worth pursuing.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The Vikings are dumping Cook in another tried to trade but couldn't find a deal scenario. I think we are going to see more of this as teams just aren't as willing to roll the dice in a trade on a aging veteran who has shown definite signs of wear, injuries, PEDs, etc. when they could wait until they are released and then decide if they are worth pursuing.
Dalvin cook must be worthless too.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
He still had three years remaining on a 5 yr. $63m deal. I doubt he'll do better.

Minny gets $9m in Cap relief and a $5m 'dead' money hit.
If I looked at it correctly he was only scheduled to make 2 mil this year.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I looked at it correctly he was only scheduled to make 2 mil this year.

Nope. That is only the Cash he was paid in 2023 after cutting him. Cook's contract had about $10M in base salary in 2023 and his cap hit would have been around $14M. The Vikings saved $9M against the cap in 2023 by cutting him and saved $12.5M in 2024.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA