2023-24 Around the NBA Thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what he's saying he doesn't want another job right now. It sounds like he's a bit burned out and wants to step back and be with his family for a bit.

But I guess you never know.

I think Bob Myers coming to the Suns is a fantasy. When he does go back to work, I can see him staying on the West coast.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Bob Myers coming to the Suns is a fantasy. When he does go back to work, I can see him staying on the West coast.
I don't know where he'll land but as with Kerr, I can't see us even being in the discussion.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

On an unrelated note, Joe DiMaggio spent much of his later years fruitlessly calling Marilyn Monroe's phone number.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Julius Randle should be ready for the season after undergoing arthroscopic surgery on his left ankle.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mikal Bridges, Tyrese Haliburton and others have committed to Team USA for 2023 FIBA World Cup.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Mikal Bridges, Tyrese Haliburton and others have committed to Team USA for 2023 FIBA World Cup.

I can't wait to see some Team USA ball! We need Embid to play for us so we can counter Jokic!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NBA has been headed this direction for a while. I don't like the ideal of superstars banding together. The results have been mixed.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The NBA has been headed this direction for a while. I don't like the ideal of superstars banding together. The results have been mixed.

Oh please, please, please, go LeBron! I think LeBron's social and political views would be so well accepted in Texas! :sarcasm:

The news coverage everyday from Texas on LeBron would be VERY entertaining.

Seriously, is Kyrie that tone deaf? :shrug:

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh please, please, please, go LeBron! I think LeBron's social and political views would be so well accepted in Texas! :sarcasm:

I think Kyrie wants to get paid. Lebron might be willing to take less money at the end of his career. It all seems so unlikely.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think Kyrie wants to get paid. Lebron might be willing to take less money at the end of his career. It all seems so unlikely.
So the new CBA has TWO stars on a team. That would mean LeBron and Doncic. Kyrie would be the odd man out. Also, I have been seeing reports from NBA people like Shams, WOJ, etc., saying Kyrie won't be back with Dallas. I find this all kind of a weird report by Shams.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the new CBA has TWO stars on a team. That would mean LeBron and Doncic. Kyrie would be the odd man out. Also, I have been seeing reports from NBA people like Shams, WOJ, etc., saying Kyrie won't be back with Dallas. I find this all kind of a weird report by Shams.

It's getting harder every day to distinguish what is realistic and what is rumor.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Lebron is under contract but I wouldn’t past Kyrie’s mind to think the Lakers would just let him out of his deal. Even for 24-25’ the Mavs have $95m accounted for in salary not including Kyrie.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I just have this picture in my head of Kyrie and Luka having a slumber party in Lukas home town of Crapganistan, building pillow forts and dreaming about getting a real player to come help in Dallas.
And that prolly says more about me than them.

Lorenzo

Reaction score

Haha. But The city of Dallas would accept any star player. It is a band wagon town and always has been. They leave their morals behind when it comes to sports. I mean Greg hardy got a chance there. Maybe it’s because he likes guns(only joking though. What he did was sick).

FWIW the city of Dallas is the most liberal in Texas next to Austin last time I checked.

I don’t think this has much of a chance of happening but if anyone can decide where he wants to go it is lebron.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Haha. But The city of Dallas would accept any star player. It is a band wagon town and always has been. They leave their morals behind when it comes to sports. I mean Greg hardy got a chance there. Maybe it’s because he likes guns(only joking though. What he did was sick).

FWIW the city of Dallas is the most liberal in Texas next to Austin last time I checked.

I don’t think this has much of a chance of happening but if anyone can decide where he wants to go it is lebron.
Shame on you for putting "Dallas" and "liberal" in the same sentence. LOL

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Is it really? Not San Antonio or Houston?
I guess it's all relative. Most of the bigger cities, even in red states, lean liberal.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Heavy emphasis on " they". Now, who are they? ;)
Haha I thought it was funny. But I always believed that one crazy guy actually did it. But aren’t there some conspiracy theories out there? I’ve heard one or two. Staying on topic though…Speaking of conspiracies Kyrie Irving…great player! Haha

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose