2023 NBA Playoffs - Other Teams

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Even with a timeout, they were going to work the ball to Murray for the last shot.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a stupid possession.

You can’t do hero ball right there Murray

It was weird I thought Miami was trying to foul him and maybe he was hoping he could bait them into fouling him on a shot but yeah nobody else touched the ball.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By design. The zone took them largely out of it. Jokic a lot of points, but not assists. The Heat picked their poison and it worked.

Yeah it's so hard to play zone in the NBA because of the shooting and passing but they do it really well.

I will say at least 2 of those spinning buckets in the lane by Joker he got mauled by Vincent with no call. But great strategy by Spoelstra

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was weird I thought Miami was trying to foul him and maybe he was hoping he could bait them into fouling him on a shot but yeah nobody else touched the ball.
Miami could've taken a foul to prevent the 3 and it was like he was expecting it. Probably thinking of trying to get 3 free throws.

That said, he had a pretty good look. Couldn't do much better on a set play.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
By design. The zone took them largely out of it. Jokic a lot of points, but not assists. The Heat picked their poison and it worked.

I disagree they just missed shots. They took their foot off the gas when they got up and Miami caught fire to start the 4th.

Good win for Miami they were on fire from 3

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He had a very good game. Did anyone catch when and if Herro is coming back?
Never… considering how much better they’ve been without him.

If they win this thing without him, they could use him as a chip to reload with more talent.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Game 2 very similar to our game 2 with the nuggets which we very well could have won if things went our way.

The heat just have so much poise and no quit, also very physical…all three traits we didn’t have to finish game 2 with a win.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree they just missed shots. They took their foot off the gas when they got up and Miami caught fire to start the 4th.

Good win for Miami they were on fire from 3
Jokic had only 4 assists when he was averaging over 10. He was not being doubled even when he had the ball in the paint. The Heat did not defend that way in game 1. Now, Denver will have to adjust to that zone. And they will.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
Heats' recipe is, defense and trusting confident role players who their coach well prepared over regular seasons for exactly such occations. Star players will get contained in playoffs by good defensive teams, leaving some openings for role players to beat them. Heats did just that. Suns failed there. We actually were good for 2 games defensively in the Nugs series, but went away to try to outscore them midway, without well-built confidence from our role players the way the Heats possess.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heats' recipe is, defense and trusting confident role players who their coach well prepared over regular seasons for exactly such occations. Star players will get contained in playoffs by good defensive teams, leaving some openings for role players to beat them. Heats did just that. Suns failed there. We actually were good for 2 games defensively in the Nugs series, but went away to try to outscore them midway, without well-built confidence from our role players the way the Heats possess.

Erik Spoelstra is an exceptional coach. They are hard to find.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bam is much more agile and with better understanding of the game, to put pressure on opponents' D. Ayton reactions are too slow, giving defense time to adjust.

The Suns have rolled Ayton to the basket but not nearly enough. I think it's better than him standing there and waiting for the ball.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose