2023 NBA Playoffs - Other Teams

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gabe Vincent is a solid player for the Heat and he wasn't even drafted.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did ESPN fire the announcers or what? What’s with the aerial cam?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Jokic is an insane passer.

Will sound stupid but if you're old enough to have seen the Sonics when they had Gus, DJ and Downtown Fred Brown those back and forth touch passes on the break were a staple of that team.

But those were guards, and it was on the fast break. Joker did that in the half court. I mean I'm going to keep saying 99% of the bigs in the NBA can't even pretend to make that play because they're going to be looking the ball in to catch it, but he's seeing the court and seeing Gordon and just figures why catch it and throws that pass.

That may be the best pass I've seen all year when you consider the amount of traffic around and the degree of difficulty. If Gordon had dunked that they should have just stopped the game like in the old And 1 Mixtape days.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will sound stupid but if you're old enough to have seen the Sonics when they had Gus, DJ and Downtown Fred Brown those back and forth touch passes on the break were a staple of that team.

But those were guards, and it was on the fast break. Joker did that in the half court. I mean I'm going to keep saying 99% of the bigs in the NBA can't even pretend to make that play because they're going to be looking the ball in to catch it, but he's seeing the court and seeing Gordon and just figures why catch it and throws that pass.

That may be the best pass I've seen all year when you consider the amount of traffic around and the degree of difficulty. If Gordon had dunked that they should have just stopped the game like in the old And 1 Mixtape days.

Indeed, Jokic has skills that might be more attributed to a guard than a big man.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mirror image quarter big lead for heat gets cut, 15 point lead for Denver gets cut.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta love Gabe Vincent.

Announcer is right though you can't guard Joker, if you get up tight he shreds you with passes if you don't, he makes shots including 3's.

good game nice to see Kevin Love back and playing pretty well.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta love Gabe Vincent.

Announcer is right though you can't guard Joker, if you get up tight he shreds you with passes if you don't, he makes shots including 3's.

good game nice to see Kevin Love back and playing pretty well.

The Heat are so good at finding talent.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MJP was lights out defensively in game 1 and he’s not even trying out there today

he's too 3 focused he's athletic and big he can be so much better on offense than he is if he just occasionally does something else beside hunt 3's.

Patrick Baldwin Jr is the same way/