Suns hire Frank Vogel as next head coach

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I eat meat in modest proportions but I prefer pizza with lots of vegetables and no meat unless one counts cheese.

If I could have eggs, cheese and milk and it counted as being a vegetarian, I could become one without much effort.
On week two of carnivore. :oops:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I just hope that Vogel wasn't forced to keep Young. It should be Vogel's decision after meeting with Young and having a clear understanding that Vogel is in charge. You can't have two coaches running the team.
I doubt he was Kliff'd.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who ARE you? You are a monster! I love me some well prepared rice and refried beans. Have you never eaten at Comedor Guadalajara? And mushrooms instead of meat?! GROSS!!!
I grew up eating Mexican food and I love pretty much every way they serve beans, refried or otherwise. I'm hit and miss on Mexican Restaurant rice, some I love and some I don't. But I'm not 67 anymore and us 68 year olds have to pay more attention to what we consume.

And no, I've never even seen Comedor Guadalajara. I've had Guadalajaran food before although looking at their menu they seem to be as much Sororan style as anything. Because of growing up in the Valley I tend to gravitate to Sonoran or Baja style for my tastes but we have a bunch of great Mexican restaurants near me that represent pretty much every region. And they all look horrible from the outside with friendly servers and great food inside.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Who ARE you? You are a monster! I love me some well prepared rice and refried beans. Have you never eaten at Comedor Guadalajara? And mushrooms instead of meat?! GROSS!!!
Cocina Madrigal

The top rated Mexican Restaurant on Yelp for PHX. They have vegetarian mushroom enchiladas my meat eating family orders every time we go there. I don't get them because they have cheese. My family swears they are great. For them to NOT order meat, they must be good. The chefs there are top notch. Don't be intimidated by the decor, it could be a nicer building, but usually you have to wait to get a table there.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Are you on the Atkins diet?

It works well but I don't think I could handle it.
More of a hardcore Keto diet but never been overweight. Doing it for the mental benefits. It’s great but I don’t think it’s sustainable for me because I’ll get too skinny.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I grew up eating Mexican food and I love pretty much every way they serve beans, refried or otherwise. I'm hit and miss on Mexican Restaurant rice, some I love and some I don't. But I'm not 67 anymore and us 68 year olds have to pay more attention to what we consume.

And no, I've never even seen Comedor Guadalajara. I've had Guadalajaran food before although looking at their menu they seem to be as much Sororan style as anything. Because of growing up in the Valley I tend to gravitate to Sonoran or Baja style for my tastes but we have a bunch of great Mexican restaurants near me that represent pretty much every region. And they all look horrible from the outside with friendly servers and great food inside.
Guadalajara food is great, but more saucy than spicy. I dated a Guadalajaran girl in high school and her family made some great seafood! I thought of it as more of a fancy Mexican food than the Sonoran food I grew up with in Yuma.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More of a hardcore Keto diet but never been overweight. Doing it for the mental benefits. It’s great but I don’t think it’s sustainable for me because I’ll get too skinny.

I didn't hear anything about the mental benefits. Still, I couldn't eat all that meat.

I love bagels. :)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is mostly the way I understand it, but I've seen people eat meat like the living dead and lose weight.
It's easy to lose weight even eating a meat based diet. It might not be the healthiest way to do it but it can be done. But whatever type of diet you choose you're best off skipping alcohol and sweets.

For myself, I try to avoid processed foods and we (stovetop) grill most of our food to limit oil usage. Also, we eat a lot of mushrooms and veggies (and legumes), a lesser amount of chicken and salmon but only eat beef on rare occasions. If it were solely up to me, we'd go full vegetarian but my wife starts to crave ice cream if she doesn't get some beef or chicken every now and then.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
PHX Suns Podcast on Vogel hire

They bring in an LA Lakers podcaster to explain plusses and minuses of Frank Vogel. At 14:00 minutes, Anthony Irwin Lakers podcaster.

I thought it was a good background on Vogel for someone like me that didn't follow him that well.
On coaching duties in LA:

"He (Vogel) handled the defense and LeBron handled the offense, and usually it worked "

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Mexican food tip. I found a lot of Mexican food places make their refried beans with lard, or bacon grease. Even Chipotle makes their pinto beans with bacon grease. However, so far everyone of the places I have been have had black beans, and they all haven't made those with fat. So if you are looking for lower calorie beans, I would opt for the black beans. Corn tortillas are generally made without fat, too. So worst case, I get black beans rice and tortillas and lots of salsa!

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It's easy to lose weight even eating a meat based diet. It might not be the healthiest way to do it but it can be done. But whatever type of diet you choose you're best off skipping alcohol and sweets.

For myself, I try to avoid processed foods and we (stovetop) grill most of our food to limit oil usage. Also, we eat a lot of mushrooms and veggies (and legumes), a lesser amount of chicken and salmon but only eat beef on rare occasions. If it were solely up to me, we'd go full vegetarian but my wife starts to crave ice cream if she doesn't get some beef or chicken every now and then.
There’s been a war on red meat and fat when it should’ve been on sugar and refined carbs all along. Fat, cholesterol and salt are all good but most ppl are getting them from processed garbage. My In n out cheat meal is the protein style 3x3’s. No bun and they don’t cook the paddies with seed oils.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I didn't hear anything about the mental benefits. Still, I couldn't eat all that meat.

I love bagels. :)
I was hooked on refined carbs for a while but feel much better without the blood sugar and insulin swings. If I could eat pizza every day of my life and feel great I would do it. I was hooked on soda too luckily my pancreas was a champ and I never got fat but it catches up to everyone eventually.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

I've seen studies about milk products and they have a component that make them like crack, and some people get hardcore cravings. I just don't like milk for all the hormones, antibiotics, and steroids that are in it. I am Vegan, not to save animals, but to eat healthier. If you can get grass fed, grass finished, not antibiotics, sustainable farmed beef, I am sure it would not be that bad for you in moderation.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I was hooked on refined carbs for a while but feel much better without the blood sugar and insulin swings. If I could eat pizza every day of my life and feel great I would do it. I was hooked on soda too luckily my pancreas was a champ and I never got fat but it catches up to everyone eventually.
My wife had pancakes for the first time in probably two decades, and she got the shakes afterwards. We eat a lot of complex carbs, that's basically how I got ripped, LOL! I did drink because of other pain issues I had going on, and I still lost 80 pounds.

Now I am doing calisthenics and am building back muscle even though I am vegan. Getting some abs for the first time since high school.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There’s been a war on red meat and fat when it should’ve been on sugar and refined carbs all along. Fat, cholesterol and salt are all good but most ppl are getting them from processed garbage. My In n out cheat meal is the protein style 3x3’s. No bun and they don’t cook the paddies with seed oils.

A huge weakness of mine is sweets and starches. I haven't found a diet that effectively deals with those urges.

Tell me when they find a cure.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen studies about milk products and they have a component that make them like crack, and some people get hardcore cravings. I just don't like milk for all the hormones, antibiotics, and steroids that are in it. I am Vegan, not to save animals, but to eat healthier. If you can get grass fed, grass finished, not antibiotics, sustainable farmed beef, I am sure it would not be that bad for you in moderation.

I think it's time to go get some Mexican food.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
A huge weakness of mine is sweets and starches. I haven't found a diet that effectively deals with those urges.

Tell me when they find a cure.
I am using dates in my baking. They can be very sweet in baked goods. Then I found out this nugget, that dates are a preferred sugar because they have fiber! At my age, whenever you can sneak in extra fiber, and have sweets, win/win. Diabetic websites recommend them because the fiber makes it so it doesn't spike blood sugar. I bought date powder, but found it too chalky. I just blend up some dates and water and either make date syrup, or date paste, depending on how much water, and that works better for me. Maple syrup is cool with coffee!

Everyone's body is different. I don't think sugar in itself is bad. Everything in moderation right?

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Average American eats on average 60 (beef) burgers a year

Sounds like some of you aren't doing your part

So I'm going to do the super heroic thing here and eat 100+ burgers a year to make up for your patriotic incompetence

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose