2023 NBA Playoffs - Other Teams

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hakeem came too early whereas guys like Shaq and Duncan were perfect for their era. Olajuwon today running the floor and handling the ball, switching and protecting the rim would be like Anthony Davis with elite drive and durability.

Hakeem was a great one, no doubt. Jokic and Hakeem are both outstanding in their own right.

I know history will compare them, but I don't think it's fair because they played different styles of game.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No matter how much attention he paid to defense he would never be the defender that olajawon was. He doesn’t have the basic athleticism that Hakeem possessed in the terms footspeed, lateral movements and jumping ability. But he does have quick hands like Hakeem.
Remember Hakeem started basketball very late. Before that, he was a goalie. He just carried those skills and instincts into basketball. He just had a knack for finding the ball and knocking it down.

But Jokic is much more complete and polished offensively.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Remember Hakeem started basketball very late. Before that, he was a goalie. He just carried those skills and instincts into basketball. He just had a knack for finding the ball and knocking it down.

But Jokic is much more complete and polished offensively.
If there was a knock in this comparison, I feel people are only looking at Jokic's offense. Hakeem had offense, but was much more dominant defensively. I mean, come on, double digits in blocked shots in games? Jokic is WAY inferior on defense. People also forget how money Hakeem was on offense. There's a reason they call it the Dream Shake.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hakeem came too early whereas guys like Shaq and Duncan were perfect for their era. Olajuwon today running the floor and handling the ball, switching and protecting the rim would be like Anthony Davis with elite drive and durability.

I don’t see how you can say he came to early he’s an all time great with two championships.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If there was a knock in this comparison, I feel people are only looking at Jokic's offense. Hakeem had offense, but was much more dominant defensively. I mean, come on, double digits in blocked shots in games? Jokic is WAY inferior on defense. People also forget how money Hakeem was on offense. There's a reason they call it the Dream Shake.

Nobody is saying Dream is a bum. He’s probably top 4 all time at center.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just saying imagine Embiid with better feet and conditioning.

Embiid isn’t close to Dream. Embiid is entering year 10 and has been given multiple all stars and all defense team members to play with and he’s never made it out of the second round. He flamed out every year in the playoffs.

I think Hakeem is top 4 all time at center.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Without Hero? Nah

Call me crazy; I think a key to Miami's run was the injuries getting Oladipo and Herro out of their rotations. All year they were much better on defense without those guys in the game, then you combine that with how much some of their other guys have stepped up and that Herro isn't out there playing "hero" ball, as he is prone to do... those injuries have been a huge boon to Miami.

Addition by subtraction.

I think the Heat are well aware of it. Herro has been cleared to play but they are not even letting him suit up.

They're going to shop him in the off season.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Call me crazy; I think a key to Miami's run was the injuries getting Oladipo and Herro out of their rotations. All year they were much better on defense without those guys in the game, then you combine that with how much some of their other guys have stepped up and that Herro isn't out there playing "hero" ball, as he is prone to do... those injuries have been a huge boon to Miami.

Addition by subtraction.

I think the Heat are well aware of it. Herro has been cleared to play but they are not even letting him suit up.

They're going to shop him in the off season.
You would think they would just bring him in for sixth man type scoring when their offense goes stagnant in every game they play!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Heat seem to have noticed that Michael Porter Jr can't defend a post.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Braun is playing good defense for the Nuggets.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Braun was drafted #21 in the 2022 draft.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could see this coming the Heat needed to keep that big lead in the 1st quarter and barely had a lead at all at the end of the quarter.

Really nice minutes from Braun.

That play by Jokic on the run catching the ball not charging and putting the ball up soft and in, he's incredible. 99% of the bigs in the NBA would have charged there or if they avoided the charge would have missed badly because of the momentum. If you can't dunk that most NBA bigs would miss.

Dude is unreal

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Their talent doesn't bode well for the rest of the league going forward.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson