Week 21 Arizona Cardinals off season thread. 05/29/23-06/04/23

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Some of the hardest passes, though, are the 7-10 yard out routes. That was from inside the hash to the sideline, with a LB trailing and CB/S underneath on the sideline. Looked like it had pretty good zip and was where only the receiver could catch it. I wonder which QB threw it.
***** machine

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Oh, so they’re gonna do to him what vance did to Simmons. Smacks of “we don’t know where to play him”
I don't think it's the same thing. Simmons came into the league without a main position. Collins was a middle linebacker in college and now they are looking to convert him to the outside. Here's a draft write-up that even talks about how other NFL teams projected him as an outside linebacker in the NFL.

Billy Bob

Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
I could get behind this, but.... is there not value in watching a team suit up for reasons other than game victory? Theres so much new and strange, and many things to root for, like...
- No jet sweeps to start the game
- A possibly outmatched O-line who at least doesnt submarine every drive with killer penalties.
- A definitely outmatched D-Line who, while getting blown the eff up in the run game for the early part of the season, may have the opportunity to show improvement, and continuity, and feature the development of two second year players in Thomas and Sanders.
- An incredibly young coaching staff who might just be the culture change leaders we've been crying for for years. (deep hopium here, but Im cool with that)
- A rook 5th round QB. No expectations here, but I wanna tune in and see what happens. (and Im not the guy who, if he ends up a big nothing burger will say "I TOLD YOU SO!" Ill say, "Valiant effort, lets get another QB on the roster next draft.

Theres so much new and unknown happening with this team. I refuse to play the "it's all garbage" card, because I simply dont know. Its all speculation right now, even from y'all who know so much more than me. This team isnt begging us to stay away, its begging for understanding in a reset year while we try and maneuver through a minefield left by the previous regime.
If the Cardinals go 0-17, I will still watch every second of the season!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don't think it's the same thing. Simmons came into the league without a main position. Collins was a middle linebacker in college and now they are looking to convert him to the outside. Here's a draft write-up that even talks about how other NFL teams projected him as an outside linebacker in the NFL.

Collins was not a middle LB in college. He played OLB in a 3-3. He was off-ball, but he was still outside. More similar to an OLB in a 4-3 than an ILB in any scheme.