Week 21 Arizona Cardinals off season thread. 05/29/23-06/04/23

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
This is a seven-yard pass.
Some of the hardest passes, though, are the 7-10 yard out routes. That was from inside the hash to the sideline, with a LB trailing and CB/S underneath on the sideline. Looked like it had pretty good zip and was where only the receiver could catch it. I wonder which QB threw it.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Good for them getting me to listen to their dumb 90-second clip, but this is an argument you can make every season. If you're not 100% going to win the super bowl, why even compete?

The problem with a poverty franchise mindset is that you never know when the time is right to start trying. "Embrace the tank" is a level of cynicism that I'm not going to go along with. I'll go watch EPL. The Arizona Cardinals are begging their fans to stay away in 2023.
I could get behind this, but.... is there not value in watching a team suit up for reasons other than game victory? Theres so much new and strange, and many things to root for, like...
- No jet sweeps to start the game
- A possibly outmatched O-line who at least doesnt submarine every drive with killer penalties.
- A definitely outmatched D-Line who, while getting blown the eff up in the run game for the early part of the season, may have the opportunity to show improvement, and continuity, and feature the development of two second year players in Thomas and Sanders.
- An incredibly young coaching staff who might just be the culture change leaders we've been crying for for years. (deep hopium here, but Im cool with that)
- A rook 5th round QB. No expectations here, but I wanna tune in and see what happens. (and Im not the guy who, if he ends up a big nothing burger will say "I TOLD YOU SO!" Ill say, "Valiant effort, lets get another QB on the roster next draft.

Theres so much new and unknown happening with this team. I refuse to play the "it's all garbage" card, because I simply dont know. Its all speculation right now, even from y'all who know so much more than me. This team isnt begging us to stay away, its begging for understanding in a reset year while we try and maneuver through a minefield left by the previous regime.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I could get behind this, but.... is there not value in watching a team suit up for reasons other than game victory? Theres so much new and strange, and many things to root for, like...
- No jet sweeps to start the game
- A possibly outmatched O-line who at least doesnt submarine every drive with killer penalties.
- A definitely outmatched D-Line who, while getting blown the eff up in the run game for the early part of the season, may have the opportunity to show improvement, and continuity, and feature the development of two second year players in Thomas and Sanders.
- An incredibly young coaching staff who might just be the culture change leaders we've been crying for for years. (deep hopium here, but Im cool with that)
- A rook 5th round QB. No expectations here, but I wanna tune in and see what happens. (and Im not the guy who, if he ends up a big nothing burger will say "I TOLD YOU SO!" Ill say, "Valiant effort, lets get another QB on the roster next draft.

Theres so much new and unknown happening with this team. I refuse to play the "it's all garbage" card, because I simply dont know. Its all speculation right now, even from y'all who know so much more than me. This team isnt begging us to stay away, its begging for understanding in a reset year while we try and maneuver through a minefield left by the previous regime.
Yeah. That’s not going to get me to the TV in the midst of another 24-10 loss to a third-place team in another division.

Imagine driving 35 minutes to Glendale to see if and how Leki Fotu develops.

Edit: I’ll add here because this was a little glib: I want to see professional athletes win games. I coach club soccer; development in the game is the number one priority for my kids. But my kids aren’t professionals at the highest level, and I’m not asking parents to pay thousands of dollars to watch their kids play.

No, I’m not watching a developmental league. I’m not watching a team where I have more invested in their on-field success than the front office is. I’m going to find something else to do with my Sunday besides watch how Rashard Lawrence positions himself for free agency.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Yeah. That’s not going to get me to the TV in the midst of another 24-10 loss to a third-place team in another division.

Edit: I’ll add here because this was a little glib: I want to see professional athletes win games. I coach club soccer; development in the game is the number one priority for my kids. But my kids aren’t professionals at the highest level, and I’m not asking parents to pay thousands of dollars to watch their kids play.

No, I’m not watching a developmental league. I’m not watching a team where I have more invested in their on-field success than the front office is. I’m going to find something else to do with my Sunday besides watch how Rashard Lawrence positions himself for free agency.

Scathing!

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

And I dont find this unfair or unwarranted either. Hit up my DMs if you want developmental updates throughout the season.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
They can go right on praising him while he crapped the bed in FA. National knows nothing, John Snow.
This is what I’m saying. He did a couple good things in the draft acquiring picks for next year but most of the actual selections and decisions that have been made in free agency are ridiculous. Not to mention the tampering fiasco, along with the DHop release. All fails in my book.