Ted Lasso

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously… what was going on with Jaime’s hair all season?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Jaime is not all slicked down playboy. Trying to make him more sensitive. Less preening peacock.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
This was an unprecedented week of series finales. And like Succession and Barry, Ted Lasso absolutely NAILED the finale. Perfect.

Last edited:

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At first, I was just a tad disappointed in the finale, but after a little thought, it was solely because it is all over...... :(

Helluva 3 season run

Helluva a finale. As close to perfect as it could be.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was an unprecedented week of series finales. And like Succession and Barry, Ted Lasso absolutely NAILED the finale. Perfect.
I hated the Barry finale. In fact, I wasn't a big fan of the entire last season. It should have ended last season.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something that needed a little more detail in the finale was on Ted. Yes, we see him coaching his son in youth soccer (football), but what is he doing for a living? Is he reconciled with his ex or simply having shared time with his son while she cavorts with the ex-therapist?

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Something that needed a little more detail in the finale was on Ted. Yes, we see him coaching his son in youth soccer (football), but what is he doing for a living? Is he reconciled with his ex or simply having shared time with his son while she cavorts with the ex-therapist?
Coming in S4 after Apple backs up the Brinks truck. ;)

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I watched the Rich Eisen podcast with Jason Sudeikas (SP) and Jason left it hanging on wether it was the last season. Jason said Apple was not pulling the plug. Jason felt the story arc has already been way longer than they thought. Originally it was only supposed to be one season. Jason said , he would get together with the shows top guys, and discuss if there was any meat left on the bone in this story. Jason said people from all over have been begging him not to end the series. Jason said families have been reaching out to him saying it's one of the few shows they can watch together. Jason didn't give Rich Eisen a hard no, and he did say he would discuss it one last time with his co creater, etc.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Keely/Roy/Jamie triangle wasn't solved. I'm not sure that's necessarily a bad thing, but would have liked a definite answer.
I really want to know about Ted and his ex-wife. They were certainly building toward something but didn't ultimately address it.

Am I wrong, or did they not address what ultimately happened with Higgins?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The Keely/Roy/Jamie triangle wasn't solved. I'm not sure that's necessarily a bad thing, but would have liked a definite answer.
I really want to know about Ted and his ex-wife. They were certainly building toward something but didn't ultimately address it.

Having Ted with his ex with no boyfriend in sight, enjoying being a family, I think that means they are back together!

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score

What do you mean with Higgins? Wasn't he only up in the air if Rebecca sold the team? Since she kept it I assumed he went on with life as normal.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
We all love Ted Lasso but I just had a funny thought, especially with the number of darksiders in this thread. Could you imagine what this board would be like if it was the Richmond board with Ted being hired? This place would go nuclear.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think it was pretty much resolved. As Jamie and Roy walked away from Keely's place, where they asked her to choose, they commented, "well that's the dumbest thing we ever did" (or words to that effect). I took that to mean she chose neither, nor would likely do so in the future.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The unfettered love for this show is one of the great mysteries of our time.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
It's positive in a sea of nihilism
I keep hearing this as a defense - if people just want to watch it to feel good, that's fine, but there is a reason that Ted is seeing a therapist. His shtick is obviously a shield, and hearing his mom do a dime store Ted was even more evidence that mom suffers from the same problems as Ted.

"Scenes are devoid of jokes and filled with dopey, self-important monologuing on the issues of the day. Rather than have any conflict, characters offer endless hugs and wan smiles, all under the watchful mustache of Mr. Lasso, whose retinue of dad jokes feels noticeably phoned in."

https://www.theatlantic.com/culture...n-three-decline/673943/?utm_source=apple_news

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose