Week 21 Arizona Cardinals off season thread. 05/29/23-06/04/23

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Good for them getting me to listen to their dumb 90-second clip, but this is an argument you can make every season. If you're not 100% going to win the super bowl, why even compete?

The problem with a poverty franchise mindset is that you never know when the time is right to start trying. "Embrace the tank" is a level of cynicism that I'm not going to go along with. I'll go watch EPL. The Arizona Cardinals are begging their fans to stay away in 2023.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
For now, it’s just speculation. But it certainly is an interesting conversation to have, especially with NIL now providing top quarterbacks a bit more incentive to return to school for another season and giving them a little bit more agency over their professional futures.

It's throwing mud at the wall.
would be better for me...I kinda prefer Maye...wilson goes back to school then the decision is made.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
This is literally been the story on Isaiah Simmons for the fourth consecutive offseason.

Next week: Offensive Coordinator Drew Petzig on Rondale Moore: "This is an important year for Rondale. He knows that and he's been an extremely hard worker. He knows the whole route tree. He's ready to prove the haters wrong and show what he can do."

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Kyzir White, who is on his third team in as many seasons, could potentially be the fourth-best player on the Arizona Cardinals 2023 defense.

Budda Baker
Jalen Thompson
Marco Wilson
[Kyzir White]

:barf:

This defense could be really bad this year.
Were you watching in 2022? lol They gave up the 2nd most points, 3rd most passes completed per game, tied for 2nd most passing TDs per game, 4th worst red zone scoring defense, 4th worst in 1st downs allowed per game, 5th worst in 3rd down percentage allowed...8th worst in yards per game given up. They were also bottom 10 in sacks per game and INT's per game....and that's with Allen, Golden, Murphy and Watt. They really can't be much worse, to be fair....haha

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Were you watching in 2022? lol They gave up the 2nd most points, 3rd most passes completed per game, tied for 2nd most passing TDs per game, 4th worst red zone scoring defense, 4th worst in 1st downs allowed per game, 5th worst in 3rd down percentage allowed...8th worst in yards per game given up. They were also bottom 10 in sacks per game and INT's per game....and that's with Allen, Golden, Murphy and Watt. They really can't be much worse, to be fair....haha
I know you just went to a team stats page and sorted each column for these... explain to me why passes completed per game is a meaningful stat. We finished 24th in defensive DVOA, 21st in pass defense DVOA and 22nd in rush defense DVOA. 28th in adjusted sack rate.

We were sixth in defensive DVOA in 2021. We could be last in 2023 and approach historically bad. We shed like 25.5 of 36 total sacks from 2022.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave