Playing for next year. Picking Caleb and trading Kyler.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
How was OSU against Michigan the past few years?
I don’t know, something like 15-2.
But we’re talking nationally. OSU and Clemson are the only teams showing the ability to play with the SEC elite.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Shut the heck up with that deranged nonsense.

It's language that is meant to be an a hole, no matter how you splice it.

There are 100s of food football players that don't play in the SEC. How many QBs from the SEC have won an NFL title.

What's deranged is the SEC jock worship from fan boys like you
Just to step in for a moment, but you like to gaslight with the "you're not understanding my point" and "If you would just read correctly" which is no less insulting/condescending than calling posters deranged. Not trying to pick a fight, because I definitely have my condescending moments, too!

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just to step in for a moment, but you like to gaslight with the "you're not understanding my point" and "If you would just read correctly" which is no less insulting/condescending than calling posters deranged. Not trying to pick a fight, because I definitely have my condescending moments, too!

He went a bit too far, but he was not the first to be called deranged (well, essentially but with a bit more tact). Little surprised it's being completely glossed over, but hey, I'm not being paid the big bucks to be a mod.

Stout

Reaction score
He went a bit too far, but he was not the first to be called deranged (well, essentially but with a bit more tact). Little surprised it's being completely glossed over, but hey, I'm not being paid the big bucks to be a mod.
Yeah, deranged is definitely not cool either. And ditto on the modding!

Dynomite

Veteran
Reaction score
I don't see any way where the Cardinals aren't hoping to have the worst record in the league. We still have the Texans pick who should also be bad. Kyler although I think could still be great, I always feel like he'll be a major question mark due to his past work ethic and leadership problems. Because of this he'll never be one of those consistent "franchise qb's" due to his small frame and how he plays the game his health we'll most likely be a constant issue as well. I still believe many teams may look at Kyler as a potential future top 10 qb, especially one's who don't have a QB, will be more up on him and most likely their belief that we didn't utilize him well because we are the Cardinals. With Salaries going up every year I wonder if any QB desperate team would trade for him and eat some of his salary allowing us to clear up cap space? The worse choice in Cardinals history may have been giving Kyler all of that guaranteed money. I don't see us being great for awhile with his cap hit for the next few years.

Trade one diva for another one. nah at least kyler has shown some maturity. And now seeing the stats Williams has had under Riley twice... Hasnt come close to what Kyler did one year. 500 pass attempts? wtf should have had 6000 yards

Stout

Reaction score
Trade one diva for another one. nah at least kyler has shown some maturity.
When has Kyler shown this? Okay, I think the board is pleased that he's doing better at doing the right things this offseason, but we won't see if he's showing true maturity at the position until we see how he plays. This will show us if he's actually prepared and doing his job properly or not.

Dynomite

Veteran
Reaction score
When has Kyler shown this? Okay, I think the board is pleased that he's doing better at doing the right things this offseason, but we won't see if he's showing true maturity at the position until we see how he plays. This will show us if he's actually prepared and doing his job properly or not.
What kyler has been doing off the field is progress.. you want a guy that is unproven and in one of the most qb friendly offenses in history, and still got outplayed by Kyler.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get the feeling it's going to be a long year. I hope the team competes, I can take losses where you play hard but just aren't talented enough. It's when you just look completely overmatched or outschemed and don't seem to play hard when it gets hard to watch.

Stout

Reaction score
What kyler has been doing off the field is progress.. you want a guy that is unproven and in one of the most qb friendly offenses in history, and still got outplayed by Kyler.
I'm not sure who it is I specifically want. I'll assume you're referring to the titular QB on this thread. I'm not sure at this point if I do or don't want us to draft him. I don't know how he got outplayed by Kyler, though, with Kyler being a pro QB and him being in college yet. He is unproven in the NFL, of course. Kyler's still unproven in the NFL as well, though. To this point in time, Kyler is absolutely not the QBOF I would want. What he shows moving forward will indeed show if he can be that QB. As I said, he has done some things he should've been doing all along during this offseason. Kudos to him for finally getting with it in that respect. But that's the offseason, and limited progress. Is he really doing everything he needs to do to succeed on the field? That certainly remains to be seen. I hope he proves out, because we'd be in much better shape as a team moving forward. Time will tell.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave