2023 NBA Playoffs - Other Teams

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boston is still pretty young. I wonder if they move Jaylen Brown. I think he's a better second option than Tatum is first option. Brown can be Pippen but Tatum can't be MJ. They'll need more to get a title. They're still young-ish but clearly something isn't working.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am trying to think of a similar run through the playoffs like Miami... And I can't come up with one. No one could predict this or even imagine it. This is an example of why sports are so great.

Knicks in 99 but that was a lockout year so being an 8 seed wasn't quite the same.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So it's the Heat vs the Nuggets in the Finals.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heat in 6. This is their year. They don't fold under pressure and their resiliency is unmatched. They can play virtually any style.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They CLEARLY expected Boston to win when they made those we're all in the Finals commercials.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Denver is going to roll. Both these teams tried so hard to give this series away.

This is just as much Boston then it is Miami. Boston has been to the ECF like 4 out of the last 5 years. They just aren’t those dudes. They have to break that Boston team up. They’ve clearly gone as far as they can go

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Heat in 6. This is their year. They don't fold under pressure and their resiliency is unmatched. They can play virtually any style.
Maybe. I have no doubt that Miami at full strength would crush Denver. But it depends on how much the health issues affect them.

One advantage that Miami definitely has is going to be mental toughness. They had to run a gauntlet of better teams than Denver, and do it while overcoming quite a bit of adversity. I can see Denver folding up if they have any unexpected trouble, but not Miami.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe. I have no doubt that Miami at full strength would crush Denver. But it depends on how much the health issues affect them.

One advantage that Miami definitely has is going to be mental toughness. They had to run a gauntlet of better teams than Denver, and do it while overcoming quite a bit of adversity. I can see Denver folding up if they have any unexpected trouble, but not Miami.

Yeah sorry don’t see it. No way no how

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If Miami were healthy I could see a sweep but they'll lose at least 1 in Denver. To win the series they're going to need to steal a game in Denver and win at home. This series will rest on Bam's shoulders. He can't be timid like he was tonight or it'll get ugly.

Hopefully Kevin Love is healthy or closer to 100% because they need size to throw at Jokic.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jokic is for real. If the Nuggets are healthy, I think they win the series.

There is a chance Tyler Herro could return for the Heat. He was working out before game 7.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’d lean Nuggets in 6. Miami is going to throw the kitchen sink at Jokic and even though he’s gonna get his, if they can limit Jamal, they’ve got a shot.

Murray is the key for Denver. The offense is so free flowing and there are times when he over dribbles and it can get to where he’s playing 1 on 1. As we’ve seen he’s very streaky but when he’s going offensively, they become unguardable.

Can Miami make enough threes to keep up with Denver in the Mile High? Game 1 will be interesting. I think this series will be closer than people think. Denver is better but Miami has nothing to lose and Jimmy’s on a mission.