The Suns' search for a New Coach Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think Ishbia would do that. Talk about people speculating us waiting a year for Tye Lue.

It's better than rushing into a decision, clears throat.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think Ishbia wants anyone accusing him of not being able to make a decision! From limited time of reading up on him, he is definitely a decision maker.

And here we are. I'd recommend a person learn the job before making important decisions.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
And here we are. I'd recommend a person learn the job before making important decisions.
Personally, I have no problem with a new owner of any company making decisions as long as he listens to good counsel. You would lean on your staff. If you have good judgement as an owner you will make good decisions no matter when in your tenure. If you Continually make bad decisions, you have to evaluate yourself, and find someone who has proven they can make those decisions. The question is, do you want JJ picking the new GM or Ishbia? At this point I am leaning Ishbia.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally, I have no problem with a new owner of any company making decisions as long as he listens to good counsel. You would lean on your staff. If you have good judgement as an owner you will make good decisions no matter when in your tenure. If you Continually make bad decisions, you have to evaluate yourself, and find someone who has proven they can make those decisions. The question is, do you want JJ picking the new GM or Ishbia? At this point I am leaning Ishbia.

This is why the Suns should have hired a GM before making a coaching change.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Maybe they are waiting on Meyers before officially choosing a coach.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll take Jordi Fernandez
I'll take any of them without complaint. I can't see that it matters much. There really isn't a coach on our rumored list that worries me. Whoever we hire will have a very tough job living up to expectations given the almost empty cupboard we have. And odds are, whoever we hire will be gone in three years anyway. But if one of them gets us to the winner's circle we'll all be thrilled we hired the guy. And despite the comments and concerns about Doc, he at least has won it all before.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone being so sure it'll be Kevin Young makes me think it won't be.

I'm still genuinely worried it'll be Doc. Doc has underachieved everywhere he's been, even with a title on his resume. He was supposed to right the ship in Orlando when he was there and he proved competent as a head coach but injuries definitely threw that team out of whack so I'll give him a pass there. He should have won multiple titles in Boston as he had the original big 3 of KG, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen. All in their prime and all meshing well with role players packing the bench. They won 1 in 2 finals appearances. They could never get things back on track there. In Los Angeles he choked continually and he was hired to get Philly over the hump and couldn't get them out of the second round. If you dislike Monty for his lack of adjustments then I'm sure you'll loathe Doc before his first playoff series here is over.