2023 NBA Playoffs - Other Teams

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only good thing for Miami is that Butler found his mojo down the stretch there and hopefully can carry that over to game 7.

Man game 7 in Boston if you're Miami you know you won't get any calls at all you gotta bring it

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Would be hilarious if the Boston challenge results in changing the foul to a three pointer.
I was wondering about that. Would it have had to stand as a two-point shot if Boston hadn't challenged it? I thought there was some rule about automatic reviews inside of two minutes?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was wondering about that. Would it have had to stand as a two-point shot if Boston hadn't challenged it? I thought there was some rule about automatic reviews inside of two minutes?

Was wondering the same thing if Boston didn't challenge it would the refs have overturned that.

Insane game.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
Watching these two teams, you realize that both have solid contributors at least 8 deep on the team, while we couldn't even find the 5th, and had to rely on Shamet and Payne for any offensive contribution outside the top 4. Miami almost won it despite Butler and Adebayo having an atrocious offensive game.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
now I'm officially mad. They just said the reason Bam got a T on that goaltend is he grabbed the rim? I thought the rule was hang on the rim not grab it?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ANd watching the highlights, when Butler got fouled there was 2.1 on the clock, when they reviewed it they set it back to 3. I can't figure out why, I can see 2.7 or 2.8 but not 3.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
now I'm officially mad. They just said the reason Bam got a T on that goaltend is he grabbed the rim? I thought the rule was hang on the rim not grab it?
It was the correct call can’t grab the rim when the other team is shooting lol easy call…

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Which team is a more difficult matchup for Denver?
Boston without a doubt. Boston should never have been down 3-0 to begin with. They just blow leads because they play dumb basketball and take bad shots.

Plus they’ll have home court. Not sure if it means much but I’d much rather start a series at home vs having to travel to Mile High for the first 2.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ANd watching the highlights, when Butler got fouled there was 2.1 on the clock, when they reviewed it they set it back to 3. I can't figure out why, I can see 2.7 or 2.8 but not 3.
Come on it’s not even a full second and you know the home team controlling that clock you think they stilopped it soon S the whistle blew? It was reviewed and correct time put back on this seems like a weird thing to be upset about?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was the correct call can’t grab the rim when the other team is shooting lol easy call…

That's the goaltend yes but a T is supposed to be hanging on the rim not grabbing it? I see grabbing not get called all the time.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on it’s not even a full second and you know the home team controlling that clock you think they stilopped it soon S the whistle blew? It was reviewed and correct time put back on this seems like a weird thing to be upset about?

Look at the replay and remember they actually reviewed that play to see if it was a foul and if it was a 3.

It's very clear the foul is 2.7 or 2.8. the only way it's at 3 is if they call it when Horford put his right hand on Butlers left side but if you watch the replay you can see that's not when they called it, they called it when he made contact with Butler's right side on the shot.

It turned out to be the biggest part of the review because if it's 2.8 the tip by White is late.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I thought touching the rim was only goal tending. Maybe they ruled he hung on it?

He didn't hang on the rim.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought touching the rim was only goal tending. Maybe they ruled he hung on it?

He didn't hang on the rim.

That's what TNT said in the postgame highlights not only a goaltend but a T for grabbing the rim.

I guess we'll see but I can't recall the last time I saw that called.

I have memory issues with my desktop so I can't screenshot it but I'm convinced Horford fouled Butler at 2.8, but the refs reviewed it and they apparently felt the contact with the right hand was the foul but that was actually before 3 and he wasn't shooting when that started so it should have been 2 shots.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look at the replay and remember they actually reviewed that play to see if it was a foul and if it was a 3.

It's very clear the foul is 2.7 or 2.8. the only way it's at 3 is if they call it when Horford put his right hand on Butlers left side but if you watch the replay you can see that's not when they called it, they called it when he made contact with Butler's right side on the shot.

It turned out to be the biggest part of the review because if it's 2.8 the tip by White is late.

Jimmy Butler didn't even try to shoot the ball until 2.8 seconds.

EDIT: Wrong video deleted.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jimmy Butler didn't even try to shoot the ball until 2.8 seconds.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

That's the wrong play.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I think the refs are saying the foul is Horford's right hand but if that's what they ruled then it's not a shooting foul it's just a foul on the floor. i think Miami is in the bonus so 2 shots not 3. That they gave him 3 shots says it's a shooting foul and that's at 2.8 not 3.

There's a ton of stuff on it on twitter and basically everyone is saying the same thing where did they get 3 seconds. Kenny Smith is talking about it right now and he says the clock we're seeing on the replay is NOT the official clock so he's assuming the official clock showed 3 not less.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson