Cardinals announce they have released Hopkins - Signed with Titans

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Truth is nobody wanted to pay Dhop well over 1 million dollars per game PLUS kick in some draft picks to boot

I get it tho

Why give draft picks for the cow when you can get the milk and the cow after it's been released?

We can blame it on Michael, Keim, or even Monti if that somehow floats your boat

But I think Dhop himself deserves some of the blame with how he handled the whole situation - and his handling is why teams weren't exactly lining up to make the trade

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Truth is nobody wanted to pay Dhop well over 1 million dollars per game PLUS kick in some draft picks to boot

I get it tho

Why give draft picks for the cow when you can get the milk and the cow after it's been released?

We can blame it on Michael, Keim, or even Monti if that somehow floats your boat

But I think Dhop himself deserves some of the blame with how he handled the whole situation - and his handling is why teams weren't exactly lining up to make the trade
LOL. Hop got exactly what he wanted. He’ll almost certainly get more than the $13 million or whatever he was scheduled to get this season.

Mark22

VBhoopcoach
Reaction score

I get it tho

Spot on take! Hop and only Hop made it impossible to trade him. Whether it was March or now no team was going to pay a 31 year old WR with Hops production the last two seasons 19 plus million let alone give up draft capitol too. At no point was Hop willing to restructure. Point, blank, period.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Don't get the Monti criticism. This is 100% on Bidwill and Keim. If you aren't willing to pay part of the salary no one is going to take that contract. Probably better to have the salary cap space next year than less space and another third round pick. We already have 3.
This isn’t about Monti. I don’t think anyone is blaming Monti for anything (I haven’t heard anyone call him a ‘tool’ yet).

This is about a centennial + loser of an organization

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
It makes no sense for a "rebuilding" team to keep one of the most expensive receivers in football.
Deandre has 2-3 good years left. Anyone hating on him is a damn fool.

Hate the organization and the historical dysfunction that has been prevalent since AT LEAST the 60’s.

My biggest glimmer of hope for this org isn’t “Monti” or “Gannon,” but rather they let Deandre walk.

Deandre is easily one of the best receivers to ever wear the “cardinal” uniform.

Dude wants $ and a ring. Nothing wrong with that.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
How do you “build around” a safety approaching his 30th birthday and end with a playoff caliber defense? Especially when you’re also paying Thompson?
Buddha just turned 27 in January. We have to have some talent on defense. The guynplaysnhurt, leads in the locker room. Really one of the few culture pieces you can build around. He’s worth even over paying from that perspective, especially while we have so much excess cap room. Give him a nice bonus and a couple more years, front load the bonus so we keep our cap flexibility for 2024 when Kyler is back and we can be competitive again.

I mean, that’s the only thing I can think of for why we have so much unspent cap space right now.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Deandre has 2-3 good years left. Anyone hating on him is a damn fool.

Hate the organization and the historical dysfunction that has been prevalent since AT LEAST the 60’s.

My biggest glimmer of hope for this org isn’t “Monti” or “Gannon,” but rather they let Deandre walk.

Deandre is easily one of the best receivers to ever wear the “cardinal” uniform.

Dude wants $ and a ring. Nothing wrong with that.
The Cardinals are a worse team without him, but at the end of the day, they need to go cheap right now and try out guys like Wilson.

This year will suck, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Keim screwed up the roster by using so many high picks on non-premium positions, then making unwise signings and trades to fill in the gaps.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The Cardinals are a worse team without him, but at the end of the day, they need to go cheap right now and try out guys like Wilson.

This year will suck, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Keim screwed up the roster by using so many high picks on non-premium positions, then making unwise signings and trades to fill in the gaps.
Why?