Cardinals announce they have released Hopkins - Signed with Titans

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
The only issue for him will be that history also shows when players become UFA due to $$ issues and what THEY think they are worth, often they end up taking a lower 1 year deal, to try and reset their value...Don't need to look any farther than the Honey Badger. He has as much of a chance of not getting paid, as he does getting the $$ he thinks he's worth.
yes, but the issue here is Hop doesnt have an agent to help him determine what his current market value is

so Hop may truly believe he is a top 3 WR and deserves to paid like that -- and there is nobody to manage expectations

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Today? None.

In March, plenty (probably).
This. The money was less of an issue during free agency when teams had money. Compensation was less of an issue before the draft when teams could give up less valuable draft picks. The Cardinals tried to play hard ball and were left with nothing. Another “bird in the hand” miss.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This is just silly Aren't you speculating on what you don't know? Pot meet kettle. Please share with us what you know.

I mean I clearly stated you could be right, but you fire back with snarky rebuttal. I don't get it
I know that both Budda and Hop are unhappy with their contracts and requested trades. I asked how are their situations different? There was zero speculation in my post. You responded with “we don’t know”.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
yes, but the issue here is Hop doesnt have an agent to help him determine what his current market value is

so Hop may truly believe he is a top 3 WR and deserves to paid like that -- and there is nobody to manage expectations
Totally understand that...he may be in for a reality check, unless a team like Buffalo throws a ton of guaranteed dough at him for basically a 1 year deal.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone diminishing DHops talent on this thread is outing themselves as a Bidwill shill. Monti and the Cardinals messed this up. It is all on them. Accept it and move on.
Diehard fan and longtime season ticket holder here still waiting for the results of DHop's personal investigation into his PED suspension. He said details were coming soon...

Talented guy - yes. Above criticism - no.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Hop has an agent.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This. The money was less of an issue during free agency when teams had money. Compensation was less of an issue before the draft when teams could give up less valuable draft picks. The Cardinals tried to play hard ball and were left with nothing. Another “bird in the hand” miss.
Monti made his first mistake (not including the tampering stuff. Mike should have oversaw that). He'll learn from it.

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It’s not
I know that both Budda and Hop are unhappy with their contracts and requested trades. I asked how are their situations different? There was zero speculation in my post. You responded with “we don’t know”.
The difference to me is Buddha is worth his contract and would be easy to build around.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Certainly true, but do you see a contender potentially causing a good deal of cap issues for a 31 year old receiver? Shades of Julio Jones here.

Mark22

VBhoopcoach
Reaction score

football karma

Reaction score
Hop has an agent.
kind of, i suppose --

"Although Hopkins said during an early March appearance with Pat McAfee that Hopkins has hired an agent for this next phase of his career, NFL Players Association records reveal that he is unrepresented.

Per multiple sources, the notorious Saint Omni is “running the show” for Hopkins. At least one viable contender for Hopkins’s services is leery about dealing with Omni. And for good reason. Last year, the NFL specifically warned all teams not to deal with Omni or any other non-certified agent in connection with linebacker Roquan Smith."

football karma

Reaction score
Anyone diminishing DHops talent on this thread is outing themselves as a Bidwill shill. Monti and the Cardinals messed this up. It is all on them. Accept it and move on.
i think both of these can be true:

Hop is still an upper end talent

His contract expectations combined with his age scuttled any trade possibilities

beleiving that doesnt make you a shill

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was the last star player we had. With him the offense had a chance to perform well. I have to say this is the first time I’ve ever seen this team go all out to be bad. They are the Joe Biden of pro football teams. 0-17 here we come.
Keep this trash out of here. You have been warned.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if ARZ will go to a run dominant offense next year ala TEN with Derrick Henry. Granted they do not have a RB like Henry but them jettisoning Hopkins even willing to take massive cap hit to do so shows they don't plan to be very effective passing offense next year which probably bodes well since we will have a fragile QB in McCoy and unproven back up in Tune starting half the season possibly longer. Problem is, I don't think we have a dominant run blocking OL but Connor has the size to carry the ball 30+ times a game.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
That doesn't mean their situations are the same.i don't know how their situations are different or the same. For all I know after June 1st he could be gone too. You are speculating that the situation are the same.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

How EXACTLY?

Money was always the issue for DHop.

Are you suggesting Monti should have taken on part of his $19m salary to add to his $22m 'dead' money hit to make a deal for some mid-round lotto ticket?

Give us the answer.

Curious minds want to know exactly how Monti screwed up and precisely what you'd have done.

Last edited:

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
How EXACTLY?
I don't know.?.?.???

Perhaps the organization and Bidwills being perennial F ups since inception of the pro version of the game???

Every time they become a bit relevant (1998, 207-2010, 2015-18) they manage to piss every player off and drop the ball?

IDK dude, I just became a fan last month.....

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't know.?.?.???

Perhaps the organization and Bidwills being perennial F ups since inception of the pro version of the game???

Every time they become a bit relevant (1998, 207-2010, 2015-18) they manage to piss every player off and drop the ball?

IDK dude, I just became a fan last month.....

Got It!

You don't know. Thanks for the input.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Don't get the Monti criticism. This is 100% on Bidwill and Keim. If you aren't willing to pay part of the salary no one is going to take that contract. Probably better to have the salary cap space next year than less space and another third round pick. We already have 3.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA