Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Ayton for Van Fleet is kinda swapping two talented players with question marks. Wonder if we could get any kind of big thrown in from Toronto there if that was any kind of deal on the table.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not, Shamet's value has increased according to the below linked article.

Wow. I know he's never been quite as bad as we make him out to be but he's never really earned his minutes or salary either. Go figure.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. I know he's never been quite as bad as we make him out to be but he's never really earned his minutes or salary either. Go figure.

We want Shamet to be a good shooter but he shot only .377 from the field last season.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
Believe it or not, Shamet's value has increased according to the below linked article.

"so Shamet’s value increased not only because the Suns know they can count on him to hit big shots in the playoffs. " What is this guy talking about? Shamet is bad because he cannot be counted on for hitting shots, particularly not in the playoffs. His defense is Ok, but his shots always feel too tight and rushed.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"so Shamet’s value increased not only because the Suns know they can count on him to hit big shots in the playoffs. " What is this guy talking about? Shamet is bad because he cannot be counted on for hitting shots, particularly not in the playoffs. His defense is Ok, but his shots always feel too tight and rushed.

I think Shamet is better on defense than offense. He only shot .377 this season from the field.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Big Shot Shamet… that’s what I’ve always called him.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Shamet is better on defense than offense. He only shot .377 this season from the field.
Shamet has one of the worst +/- on the team and I think the 2nd worst DefRating last time I looked. So, he is equally bad in my opinion. He looks tenacious on defense but it doesn't pay off on the court.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shamet has one of the worst +/- on the team and I think the 2nd worst DefRating last time I looked. So, he is equally bad in my opinion. He looks tenacious on defense but it doesn't pay off on the court.

It's kind of like this.

You must be registered for see images attach

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Come on, I know you don't like the guy but anyone who can judge basketball at all could clearly see he was by far the best defender we had for Murray.

+- is a garbage stat anyway, it includes all 5 players and our bench was not good for large stretches of the season.

Don't take this as an endorsement of Shamet, I would be happy to see him go.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on, I know you don't like the guy but anyone who can judge basketball at all could clearly see he was by far the best defender we had for Murray.

+- is a garbage stat anyway, it includes all 5 players and our bench was not good for large stretches of the season.

Don't take this as an endorsement of Shamet, I would be happy to see him go.
That's why I didn't just use +/-. Yet somehow you think your "eye test" means he did a good job. Doing something better than someone doesn't mean you are still good at doing something. Shamet is terrible.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
+/- is weird. Some nights you watch a game and it seems right on. Other nights you look at +/- and go, WTF? It's weird that it can be right on, and it can also be wildly off!

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
+/- is weird. Some nights you watch a game and it seems right on. Other nights you look at +/- and go, WTF? It's weird that it can be right on, and it can also be wildly off!
That stat by itself can be misleading for sure.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's why I think it's best viewed in conjunction with other facts. I do think it's usually pretty accurate over a full season but even then, it's not perfect.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Draymond Green to Suns Yardbarker conjecture

Phoenix likely has to shed salary to sign Green, though there is speculation that 12-time All-Star Chris Paul and former No. 1 pick Deandre Ayton could be on the move. Both Paul and Ayton are set to earn over $30M next season, so even trading away one of them could open up enough funds for Green.

As someone who doesn't need the ball in his hands to contribute, Green might be a better fit with the tandem of Durant and Devin Booker than Paul and Ayton.

New Suns owner Mat Ishbia has already pulled off surprising moves during his short time in charge. Could he have another one in store involving a fellow Michigan State alum?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose