How do we want this up coming season to play out?

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's a really confusing season for me on what the goals for the Cardinals should be. Show progress with all players, draft pics, free agents, show that our draft pics were excellent, Kyler is as good or better than he has ever been, be very impressed with our new coach and still be the worst team in the league? Maybe we don't want to be the worst in the league but we definitely want the Texans to be. I think that might be the best scenario. Miraculously we win 7 games and we are looked at an up and coming team with a hunger for winning. I think that would help us get free agents as well and in the long run might actually make us a better team than if we did a complete tank. I say this much more easily with the Texans pick.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I am sure that in the 4th quarter of close games we will revert to the thrill of a possible victory, yet overall cling to imagining a draft in 2024 which sees us ending up with the top 2 or 3 picks. On the whole, I will lean heavily toward the latter, anticipating a bit of room left in me for a couple victories. I am sticking with a 2-14-1 overall prognostication.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Since we are effectively not going to be competing for a superbowl this year and in a complete rebuild my ideal would be that Houston choke and get the top pick. We play solid football and flash lots of potential and never give up but essentially lose games within 7 points. Kyler comes back and plays like a legend and we win around 4 or so games and get pick 3. We then trade out of 1 for a sh1te load of future 1sts with say the Bucs who finish with the 5th pick. We pick up Harrison Jr with our 3rd and the best player at 5… then next year is fun

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
I wish we could just forfeit the season. I really don't want to watch this team get the crap beat out of them every week. I don't even think they can be competitive, let along win a game. We have a ****** OL, no DL, no QB and no star players on offense. If we win a game, I will be shocked.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Since we are effectively not going to be competing for a superbowl this year and in a complete rebuild my ideal would be that Houston choke and get the top pick. We play solid football and flash lots of potential and never give up but essentially lose games within 7 points. Kyler comes back and plays like a legend and we win around 4 or so games and get pick 3. We then trade out of 1 for a sh1te load of future 1sts with say the Bucs who finish with the 5th pick. We pick up Harrison Jr with our 3rd and the best player at 5… then next year is fun
We need a seriously good thumbs up!

In addition, I need to see good game plans and good execution. Oh yeah, a team of discipline resulting in low penalties…

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wish we could just forfeit the season. I really don't want to watch this team get the crap beat out of them every week. I don't even think they can be competitive, let along win a game. We have a ****** OL, no DL, no QB and no star players on offense. If we win a game, I will be shocked.
We may not have the overall talent to compete for a playoff spot just yet, but this team will surprise many. The more I listen to this coaching staff top to bottom, the more I realize how intelligent and full of energy they are. If a team truly takes on the personality of their coaches, then this team will be a super intelligent team that won’t beat itself with stupid penalties & we will be a super physical football team to boot. Go ahead and listen to the kids we’re bringing in. They are incredibly well spoken and incredibly focused on doing their jobs. I’ve followed this mess of a franchise for over 60 years and contrary to so many on this board, I’m as excited as ever to see how this team plays moving forward.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We may not have the overall talent to compete for a playoff spot just yet, but this team will surprise many. The more I listen to this coaching staff top to bottom, the more I realize how intelligent and full of energy they are. If a team truly takes on the personality of their coaches, then this team will be a super intelligent team that won’t beat itself with stupid penalties & we will be a super physical football team to boot. Go ahead and listen to the kids we’re bringing in. They are incredibly well spoken and incredibly focused on doing their jobs. I’ve followed this mess of a franchise for over 60 years and contrary to so many on this board, I’m as excited as ever to see how this team plays moving forward.
History is littered with the corpses of intelligent and energetic coaches.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
History is littered with the corpses of intelligent and energetic coaches.
Not our history. This isn’t just our HC. It’s everyone on his staff from top to bottom. And we certainly haven’t been littered with intelligent players. Otherwise, we wouldn’t lead the league in penalties almost every season.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
End up with top two picks. Get Harrison with one, and depending on how Kyler plays trade the other for another haul or draft a QB.
Well, let's hope he plays great if we want to keep him or not. That will be the dominating question leading to draft next year. If there is an Andrew Luck sitting at top of the Board, I feel you gotta take him and get what you can for Kyler even if he looks fairly good. Having a rookie salary schedule at QB starting next season for next 4 years would be very advantages for us.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm hopeful Kyler is able to return quickly and McCoy can avoid being put in the hospital at the start of season.

Expectations are so abysmal that even several wins(and being very competitive in some close losses) would result in me feeling pretty optimistic about the new coaching staff and following seasons.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I'm hopeful Kyler is able to return quickly and McCoy can avoid being put in the hospital at the start of season.

Expectations are so abysmal that even several wins(and being very competitive in some close losses) would result in me feeling pretty optimistic about the new coaching staff and following seasons.
Kyler will return. Throwing off his back foot, not going through progressions, not stepping up in the pocket, and running out of bounds for a loss instead of throwing it out of bounds. Oh yeah, the fetal position. He will take no responsibility and blame others. He will pout on the sideline and blame everyone else instead of being a team leader. He got paid, and he made it clear that was all he wanted. Great arm, and a terrible head. He and Ayton have a lot in common.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kyler will return. Throwing off his back foot, not going through progressions, not stepping up in the pocket, and running out of bounds for a loss instead of throwing it out of bounds. Oh yeah, the fetal position. He will take no responsibility and blame others. He will pout on the sideline and blame everyone else instead of being a team leader. He got paid, and he made it clear that was all he wanted. Great arm, and a terrible head. He and Ayton have a lot in common.
I believe the decision to move on from kyler has been made. I do not think kyler can be fixed. Keep in mind, you only covered a few of his issues:)

another point, the days of handing out big contracts for QBs will be winding down over the next few years.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to see this team transition from a college offense to a pro style offense. I want to see how Kyler handles calling plays in a huddle and taking snaps under center. Will Hollywood, Rondale and Wilson be able to stay healthy? Will McBride be able to take the next step?

On defense I want to see what we have in several young players. Is there a place for Simmons? What role will Zaven play in this offense? Can Marco be a starter at CB? Who will step up as a pass rusher?

I’m not concerned about wins or losses this season. However I would like to see improvement as a team as the season progresses.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just want to see improvements over the season and exciting games not blow outs. The Wilks/Rosen season was so bad because the offense couldn't even move the ball.I don't expect many wins but just hope that the younger players do well giving us some hope for the future.