Budda requests trade

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Blows my mind when I see a fan spout financial security as an excuse for millionaires not honoring a signed contract. Financial security was obtained once they they banked their first million for skills which provide very little value to society.

on the other hand the charity side ( written into their contract) and the fact they spend money for product helps communities . I would think those sums of money would flow into the economy regardless of who has governance of it.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Blows my mind when I see a fan spout financial security as an excuse for millionaires not honoring a signed contract. Financial security was obtained once they they banked their first million for skills which provide very little value to society.

on the other hand the charity side ( written into their contract) and the fact they spend money for product helps communities . I would think those sums of money would flow into the economy regardless of who has governance of it.

The 18B in revenue generated by the league would beg to differ on your argument that these skills have little value to society. I get why people poo poo all this stuff. But in context, its no different than my dishwasher holding out for 20/hr when I already pay him 19. Its literally the exact same thing, just with a lot more zeroes. You're not supposed to get it, you're not worthy of those zeroes.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The 18B in revenue generated by the league would beg to differ on your argument that these skills have little value to society. I get why people poo poo all this stuff. But in context, its no different than my dishwasher holding out for 20/hr when I already pay him 19. Its literally the exact same thing, just with a lot more zeroes. You're not supposed to get it, you're not worthy of those zeroes.
This. People say these players get paid to play a game. It isn’t a game to them, it is a job. That job pays them very well but that is the salary for that job. It is not any different than any other industry.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
JMO, but I think we should hold on to him, because we don't have a decent replacement on the roster, and don't want to use a high draft pick (2024) for a safety, when we have so many other needs. Not saying to increase his salary, but tweak/guarantees his contract. With him on board, we'd have a good safety tandem, as we start to rebuild.
Just because the first is true doesn’t mean the second is. Using a high pick on a safety is unwise.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
K9, I don't understand your post. Are you saying to let him go and then select a safety with a mid or low draft pick?
I’m saying that I don’t like the way people talk about the rebuild as “clearing cap”, because we have plenty of cap space.

The reason we needed a rebuild was because our resources were grossly misallocated. Obscene cap holds at safety, running back, tight end, and off-ball linebacker. Keim couldn’t help himself; he made the mistake multiple times.

Budda was exceptional the past two seasons; he didn’t make a lot of splash plays because he was covering for inexperienced or bad corners in front of him. The solution is probably to get better corners; not keep investing in safeties who can’t make plays.

Safety is the cherry on top of a good defense. Spending money or draft capital on two when we may not have any starting quality defensive tackles is madness.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’m saying that I don’t like the way people talk about the rebuild as “clearing cap”, because we have plenty of cap space.

The reason we needed a rebuild was because our resources were grossly misallocated. Obscene cap holds at safety, running back, tight end, and off-ball linebacker. Keim couldn’t help himself; he made the mistake multiple times.

Budda was exceptional the past two seasons; he didn’t make a lot of splash plays because he was covering for inexperienced or bad corners in front of him. The solution is probably to get better corners; not keep investing in safeties who can’t make plays.

Safety is the cherry on top of a good defense. Spending money or draft capital on two when we may not have any starting quality defensive tackles is madness.
So, should he stay or should he go?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Every clown in this thread railing against the players trying to always get more would be doing the same thing if they were in the league right now. Honor the contract…what a joke when it comes to the NFL.
I'm not sure he wants more, but he wants guaranteed. Maybe they run together...

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Every clown in this thread railing against the players trying to always get more would be doing the same thing if they were in the league right now. Honor the contract…what a joke when it comes to the NFL.
I'm not railing on anybody trying to get more. We would all do that. But throwing a temper tantrum after being told no is my issue. I mean they put themselves in this position with the contract they signed. Accept the no and play your ass off to force them to give you more.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'm not railing on anybody trying to get more. We would all do that. But throwing a temper tantrum after being told no is my issue. I mean they put themselves in this position with the contract they signed. Accept the no and play your ass off to force them to give you more.
Worked out well for Hopkins and Golden. Cardinals really honored those contracts. Same for Chandler Jones.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

None of this has even been addressed yet, with Ertz and Conner having a $20 million combined cap hit this season and next season. I guess it's fine since this is a tanking year, but they should both be gone after this season. The Thompson deal and the linebackers will continue to hurt for more years as well.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Worked out well for Hopkins and Golden. Cardinals really honored those contracts. Same for Chandler Jones.
They bargained the way contacts are dealt with. So that is the cards they dealt themselves. Why sign off on that if you don't like it? I'll tell you why because they got something back for it in return. My guess is they got a bigger piece of the pie.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
So you're saying MG and DH all played their best ball and deserve to continue to get paid? I laugh if that is your stance. Golden who I have met him and his Mom are great people. But he wasn't worth the money being paid. Hopkins healthy scratched himself last year, so ya they played their ass off to get more money. Chandler played out his contract. We're just going to have to agree to disagree.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

Pretty funny to go back and see what you and others that are agreeing with you said in the thread where he got this contact.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

Wow to what you said then. Talking about team not honoring a contract.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave