The Official US Soccer thread

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I am up watching, not sure why. Lucky for me I am off tomorrow.

first half has been ugly, unorganized, US was a threat a total of one time and that was early in the half..other than that nothing. Mexico has looked like the better team but not by much.

Ferreira looks terrible. Sands, Acosta & Zimmerman are the best US players so far IMO.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Fun first half.

Mexico with the better of the chances.

Zimmerman playing well.

#14 for Mexico is killing all threats.

US a bit weak through the middle and really not attacking beyond the right side

Mexico heavy crowd, but fine environment

Loudest/obnoxious fans are US nearby
You must be registered for see images attach

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
The seat right in front of my 9 year old got covered in neck cheese after the goal.. don’t see that at cards games!!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Fun first half.

Mexico with the better of the chances.

Zimmerman playing well.

#14 for Mexico is killing all threats.

US a bit weak through the middle and really not attacking beyond the right side

Mexico heavy crowd, but fine environment

Loudest/obnoxious fans are US nearby
You must be registered for see images attach
Wow, great seats.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Bad news with Dike with the achilles injury - just snakebit - was really intrigued by him as player, but hasn't been able to stay healthy and take off
Yeah I was gutted for him when I saw that. I really like his ability. Hopefully he can recover from that. That is a difficult injury to come back from.

Stout

Reaction score
Dear lord, is the USMNT beyond pathetic. The reason we haven't hired a coach yet is because we waiting this long merely to hire a sporting director? Who won't actually start working for us until frakking AUGUST, more than a year after the World Cup? Oh, sure, he'll start the HC search immediately, which I'm sure fixes all of our timelines lol Just pathetic. No hope for us moving forward, on the top end. None at all from me.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Malik Tillman’s impressive loan spell with Rangers earned him Best XI honors in the Scottish Premiership this season and the American attacker was rewarded with another major honor on Sunday.

Tillman was named PFA Scotland Young Player of the Year
He is still a Bayern Munich player but if he doesn't stay in Scotland he will likely be loaned out again.

Came across this though on him from a Rangers site (Guessing a Fan site)...

There’s also the small matter of spending £6M on a player who absolutely flunked 95% of the big games Rangers played in last season, only managing to make a bit of an impact in the Champions League qualifiers, with a big assist and a big goal.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Malik Tillman’s impressive loan spell with Rangers earned him Best XI honors in the Scottish Premiership this season and the American attacker was rewarded with another major honor on Sunday.

Tillman was named PFA Scotland Young Player of the Year
He is still a Bayern Munich player but if he doesn't stay in Scotland he will likely be loaned out again.

Came across this though on him from a Rangers site (Guessing a Fan site)...

There’s also the small matter of spending £6M on a player who absolutely flunked 95% of the big games Rangers played in last season, only managing to make a bit of an impact in the Champions League qualifiers, with a big assist and a big goal.
He’s up and down at rangers. I’m surprised he hasn’t had more time in the USA squad. He’s a goal scorer and that seems to be what the USA side lacks.

Lorenzo

Reaction score

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
JFC. I mean, JFC, can we be any more of a joke of a national team?

All the rumors I have seen is Jesse Marsch is a lock but they are waiting until the end of the summer. No big deal to me, we are 3 years away from the WC and aside from Gold Cup and Nations League there isn't much on the horizon.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I can see waiting until after the European seasons and completion of the Nations League

I think the Gold Cup timing is challenging as there isn't really time for a new manager to make an impact and you don't want a negative result to have credibility be damaged - however, it's a large block of time when you can do work and set the stage with the actual players beyond the in-season international windows

I'd like the new manager there, results be darned

Lorenzo

Reaction score
JFC. I mean, JFC, can we be any more of a joke of a national team?

Yeah it doesn’t make sense to wait anymore. I also saw in the last round of the UCL games Thierry Henry apparently wants the job but no one has contacted him. I guess rumors have it that OGOOCHIEONEYWU (I can’t saygooch lol) and him have a friendship and ***** is now part of the USMNT. I think hiring your buddies is how got berhalter sacked. Although I’m glad berhalter got sacked anyway. I don’t know if henry will work as manager of the USA, but i am sure a lot of the young USA international players look up to him. he coached Montreal and with Belgium’s national team.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
All the rumors I have seen is Jesse Marsch is a lock but they are waiting until the end of the summer. No big deal to me, we are 3 years away from the WC and aside from Gold Cup and Nations League there isn't much on the horizon.
I hope you are right. He’s the one I want to see get the job. But I also feel that waiting for Jesse doesn’t make sense. He’s been out of a job for a few months now at least. And he could just as well get another appointment somewhere at a club team. Either he’s the guy or he’s not.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah it doesn’t make sense to wait anymore. I also saw in the last round of the UCL games Thierry Henry apparently wants the job but no one has contacted him. I guess rumors have it that OGOOCHIEONEYWU (I can’t saygooch lol) and him have a friendship and ***** is now part of the USMNT. I think hiring your buddies is how got berhalter sacked. Although I’m glad berhalter got sacked anyway. I don’t know if henry will work as manager of the USA, but i am sure a lot of the young USA international players look up to him. he coached Montreal and with Belgium’s national team.
Tierry would be interesting.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I hope you are right. He’s the one I want to see get the job. But I also feel that waiting for Jesse doesn’t make sense. He’s been out of a job for a few months now at least. And he could just as well get another appointment somewhere at a club team. Either he’s the guy or he’s not.

Stout

Reaction score
It's the rank incompetence at being unable to operate, and, what's worse, the calm acceptance of their own incompetence.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose