Arizona Diamondbacks @ Philadelphia Phillies series thread. 05/22/23-05/24/23

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1 hit after the 3rd inning usually doesn't lead to a W...

We emptied the bench for this game and then didn't pinch hit for Ahmed, Smith, and Herrerra.

The guy who REALLY needs a day off is Fletcher, who is hitting .182 in his last 7 days with an OPS of .477

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your final 4 hitters 1-15 with a walk. There is just no reason to deliberately put yourself in that kind of offensive deficit and then do nothing about it

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We emptied the bench for this game and then didn't pinch hit for Ahmed, Smith, and Herrerra.

The guy who REALLY needs a day off is Fletcher, who is hitting .182 in his last 7 days with an OPS of .477
That did hurt. Herrera did get a big hit.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hey Torrey it’s been 4 extra innings now and you still can’t get the guy to third. You might want to try bunting once in awhile if your guys can’t execute

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I just got back from the game. I left in the 8th because I had work to do. Did NOT know we salvaged the series. Thanks for the two beatdowns gang. LOL.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Gallen- short outing last game and pulled him early, never-mind he’s an ace and deserves an opportunity to get out of that situation

Fletcher - 0 for his last 4/5 games at least

Lourdes - hottest hitter on the team if not baseball and he doesn’t get an AB

Perdomo - see above

Ruiz - he’s been solid but after he gave up the tie you had to take him out
Clown show managing

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can't squander 24 baserunners and expect to win very often. Man that sucks.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
We have won games like that. We're not going to win every game. It is great to be competitive again. It is a team/coach loss. It happens. We need BP and other help. We have to play within ourselves. We just have to play one game at a time. We just have to manufacture some runs. The sun is gonna come up tomorrow. It's a long season. Rome wasn't built in a day. It wasn't our day. Nothing comes easy in this league. We just need to do the little things. You know what they say, "It's a game of inches.

You get the point.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Brutal 9th inning loss as it can get with exception on losing via an error. 2 out in the ninth and he hangs one. Makes you sick at your stomach. Down and out you dummy!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brutal 9th inning loss as it can get with exception on losing via an error. 2 out in the ninth and he hangs one. Makes you sick at your stomach. Down and out you dummy!
The bullpen let us down but failing to cash in baserunner after baserunner deserves most of the blame. And after leaving the bases loaded again in the 8th, I'll bet I wasn't the only one expecting it to bite us in the butt. Still, we won another road series and that's always great.