2023 Western Conference Finals - Nuggets vs Lakers

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think you get fired when you coach a team that was 2-10 to start the season and you end up losing in the WCF.

No shame in being a 7-seed who lost to the top team in the West all season.

The Lakers got swept but all of the games were pretty close. We lost by an average of 6 points a game (by 6, 5, 11, and 2). Suns lost to Denver at an average of 17.25 points a game (by 18, 10, 16, and 25).

Against Denver and Dallas our average loss was by like 19

It’s insane how up and down the Suns have been the last two years in the playoffs

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think you get fired when you coach a team that was 2-10 to start the season and you end up losing in the WCF.

The Lakers got swept but all of the games were pretty close. We lost by an average of 6 points a game (by 6, 5, 11, and 2). Suns lost to Denver at an average of 17.25 points a game (by 18, 10, 16, and 25).
None whatsoever. But most of the reaction here has to do with what we (as non Laker fans) have to put up with whenever LAL is showing well. It's like the reaction that occurs in football whenever the Cowboys win two games in a row. All of a sudden they become the greatest team ever (again) and that's all the sports pundits want to talk about.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Best losers in a sweep EVER!!!! LBJ GOAT!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Against Denver and Dallas our average loss was by like 19

It’s insane how up and down the Suns have been the last two years in the playoffs
This year it was understandable with the huge trade that meant you'd basically have 2.5 stars and not much of a bench at any time. Never can count on CP3 in the postseason and Ayton is...Ayton.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This year it was understandable with the huge trade that meant you'd basically have 2.5 stars and not much of a bench at any time. Never can count on CP3 in the postseason and Ayton is...Ayton.

But that’s kind of my point in the other thread. It’s the culture of this team now. It’s not just Ayton and Paul. Ayton and Paul didn’t play in game 6 this year. it’s everybody it’s Booker, Bridges, Cam, Craig and Monty

When the going gets tough this team packs it in including Booker. The stat about him averaging 14ppg on 30% in elimination games is scary.

We are the exact opposite of Heat culture

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So? Suns won 2 games. Lakers were swept

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So? Suns won 2 games. Lakers were swept
So? Both teams are fishing now. No participation trophies are given out for winning 2 games.

Although, for some teams, those would be their only trophies...

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Now national media is saying Lebron showed up and had no help...bleh. Before Lakers the front runner for finals in the west and he finally has help.

i can't wait until he's gone, i'm tired of this cyclical time warp we are stuck in.

urs

All Star
Reaction score

Hahaha congrats on the close losses? Lakers 4-0 in moral victories! Maybe you've told this story before, but why are you a Lakers fan?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hahaha congrats on the close losses? Lakers 4-0 in moral victories! Maybe you've told this story before, but why are you a Lakers fan?
Because I am from Los Angeles. Born in Van Nuys and grew up in Reseda.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I grew up in Illinois a Cubs/Bears/Bulls Fan.

As teams moved/started to the Valley (or in case of the Suns, after I moved to the Valley) I shed those teams and became a fan of Arizona Teams, since this is my home now.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We all have our teams. I grew up in northern cali and watched the Warriors growing up. Only really got serious into sports when I moved here and followed Arizona teams. I wouldn’t say I am a Warriors fan but I tend to watch their records and see how they do.

Its nice to have friendly rivalries and friendly trash talking.

Last edited:

urs

All Star
Reaction score
I grew up in Illinois a Cubs/Bears/Bulls Fan.

As teams moved/started to the Valley (or in case of the Suns, after I moved to the Valley) I shed those teams and became a fan of Arizona Teams, since this is my home now.
Yep, same(Seattle though), this is how it's done.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
John Paul Valley is the only valley I recognize

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But not a Rams or Raiders fan?
I followed both the Rams and Dodgers, but basketball was much cooler as an only child of divorced parents because I just needed a ball and a hoop to play. Probably why I was hyper-focused on basketball back then.

Raiders were always Northern California to me. No self-respecting SoCal person would cheer for them. LOL

When we moved to Arizona it was still a one-horse state. The only pro team here was the Suns. I was already a Lakers fan, and I didn't exactly move cross country (still only live 400 miles from where I was born), so I stuck with them and added the other sports teams as Arizona added them.

Reactions: urs

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I followed both the Rams and Dodgers, but basketball was much cooler as an only child of divorced parents because I just needed a ball and a hoop to play. Probably why I was hyper-focused on basketball back then.

Raiders were always Northern California to me. No self-respecting SoCal person would cheer for them. LOL

When we moved to Arizona it was still a one-horse state. The only pro team here was the Suns. I was already a Lakers fan, and I didn't exactly move cross country (still only live 400 miles from where I was born), so I stuck with them and added the other sports teams as Arizona added them.
I still say we need inspection stations on the borders of Arizona.

Like California won't let you bring in outside fruit, we would check for Laker/Dodger/Raider/Bronco/Cowboy etc gear and dispose of them before allowing them into the state

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose