2023 NBA Playoffs - Other Teams

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Miami is whipping the ball all over the place and playing really fast, Boston's offense seems to consist of recklessly charging into the lane and then flailing the ball towards the hoop, or just heaving up a contested 3.

They don't trust each other right now.

The obvious thing is a coaching mismatch but Boston was in the finals last year and added a good player at guard and they're getting destroyed. I can't believe a rookie coach made Boston this much worse in one year, they're just getting punked so far.

Maybe Smart will start the run now they can get it to 12. I want Boston to lose but I'd like to see them at least compete

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well there goes that, Smart is probably going to get tossed for that.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The obvious thing is a coaching mismatch but Boston was in the finals last year and added a good player at guard and they're getting destroyed. I can't believe a rookie coach made Boston this much worse in one year, they're just getting punked so far.

Maybe Smart will start the run now they can get it to 12. I want Boston to lose but I'd like to see them at least compete

This is a stunning result. Miami's role players are on fire, but this is just as much a complete melt down by Boston. No ball movement on offense and defenders not helping each other.

well there goes that, Smart is probably going to get tossed for that.

Yeah... I don't have the sound on right now, I am confused as to how that ended up being a tech on Miami. That looked like a clear punch thrown by Smart.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If I was asked about 6 or so years ago, who I thought the most overrated coach in the NBA was, I would have answer "'Spo!" in a millisecond.

I thought he only got the Miami job so their big stars had someone they could easily walk all over.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When the Heat get their shooters going, they are hard to beat.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not that it matters in a 30 point game but how was that not a walk on Tatum on that last dunk? Are they really saying that was legal he took like 4 steps.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a stunning result. Miami's role players are on fire, but this is just as much a complete melt down by Boston. No ball movement on offense and defenders not helping each other.

Yeah... I don't have the sound on right now, I am confused as to how that ended up being a tech on Miami. That looked like a clear punch thrown by Smart.

APparently missing when you throw a punch negates the intent?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Heat do not want this going back to Boston.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some really good players are going to be available this summer for teams wanting to shake off disappointment.

Oh, to be a buyer with money and assets.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some really good players are going to be available this summer for teams wanting to shake off disappointment.

Oh, to be a buyer with money and assets.

It's fine, we cashed in all of our chips so the season doesn't end with a horrible collapse in the second round of the postseason again like it did in 2022. Those days are long behind us now. We're legit contenders now, no more of those embarrassing losses at home by double digit deficits in closeout games.

Man, being a Suns fans sure does suck sometimes.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Literally turned it off and went for a walk.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Super impressive run by the Heat but they’re getting destroyed by Denver assuming that’s the matchup.
Lol. That has been said about them before the 2nd playin game and before each of the next three rounds. I see a team that can be the definition of "getting hot at the right time".

I am very interested in the upcoming Finals. Last year I didn't even watch Bos-GS except for some random minutes here and there.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both the Heat and Nuggets are hot right now. The key is if the Heat can slow down Jokic.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Both the Heat and Nuggets are hot right now. The key is if the Heat can slow down Jokic.
Honestly, they need to worry about slowing down Murray and try and make Jokic a scorer. Try to limit his assists because that’s how the offense thrives.

I would lean Nuggets but I definitely think it’ll go at least 6 games.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, they need to worry about slowing down Murray and try and make Jokic a scorer. Try to limit his assists because that’s how the offense thrives.

I would lean Nuggets but I definitely think it’ll go at least 6 games.

Jokic has taken upon himself to be the go-to scorer, which is different than the team the Suns beat 4-0 in the playoffs years past.
He will not shy away from it, although he still likes to pass. Also, he is in better shape.

He can now carry the load and not get tired.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Jokic has taken upon himself to be the go-to scorer, which is different than the team the Suns beat 4-0 in the playoffs years past.
He will not shy away from it, although he still likes to pass. Also, he is in better shape.

He can now carry the load and not get tired.
For sure. I expect Miami to throw the kitchen sink at Denver. It’ll be a series of adjustments. If Miami can keep hitting threes at an insane clip, it’s going to be a very interesting series.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For sure. I expect Miami to throw the kitchen sink at Denver. It’ll be a series of adjustments. If Miami can keep hitting threes at an insane clip, it’s going to be a very interesting series.

Again, I think the series rests on the Heat being able to slow down Jokic. He has become almost unstoppable.

I do think the Heat have the weapons to bother him.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maimi to Denver is probably a 2.5 hour flight? I’m just curious to see how Miami plays in Denver.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose