Budda requests trade

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
It is illegal everywhere in America to ban or punish your employees from discussing their salaries. That right is federally protected. The notion that it is improper/rude to discuss pay was entirely invented to make it easier to get away with underpaying people.
Yup, it is sort of like when a truck is telling you they are not liable with a sign in the back saying you have to stay so many unreal feet from the trailer, or they are not liable for a rock cracking your windshield which is not accurate, but some people will see that sticker warning and believe the notion

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'd rather the players get paid than to watch Michael Bidwill continually add to his unearned wealth.
I get that. But it’s not a zero sum game with the salary cap. I have no problem with budda trying to get some of the money guaranteed, but I also think when you negotiate a contract, get what you want in it when you negotiate it. It’s the arbitrator in me.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That’s not true. If you read about the beginning of pro football those guys played because they loved football and couldn’t play in college anymore. Halas stayed poor for years trying to make football work. Pro football wasn’t lucrative. For anyone, coaches, owners or players.
Ouchie, we’ll stated and so needed

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
@Ouchie-Z-Clown I knew a guy who was a back up QB for Green Bay back in the fifties through coaching his son in baseball. He was saying people get all excited knowing he had played for the Packers, but he said he certainly didn't get rich doing it.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thus the fans have to deal with this distraction

players shouldn’t know what others earn as would with a normal job

you should know the salary range to a given position and work within that

the way it’s setup now leaves a bad taste in one’s mouth

Wow.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah I miss the good ole days when we kept those uppity athletes dirt poor.
the only thing different is the players have much improved representation today

my coworker spent his money on drugs, image and women

i was married so I couldn’t do the same thing or I would have

do i have more security, maybe but I’m still thinking they had more fun

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t understand how anyone can find fault in anyone else trying to get paid as much as possible for their job. With that said, I believe in honoring contracts.

That don’t work in the NFL because the team damn sure doesn’t honor contracts. So I don’t care if a player wants to renegotiate.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I have a question, and be honest. Do you think Budda's current salary is disrespectful in relation to his recent contract and how his pay relates to other safeties in the league?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
That's true, but I think teams get stuck paying players who don't live up to contracts far more than they lose good players for failing to pay them.
The teams still have the edge here because they can trade players. That happens way more than players having the leverage to go where they want.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The teams still have the edge here because they can trade players. That happens way more than players having the leverage to go where they want.
Yes, they can...but they usually have penalties and other issues with the CAP, as a result. Bottom line is no matter if the player is traded or cut, their guaranteed portion of the contract is paid...and if they are a vested veteran, the entire contract is paid, even if they aren't playing. A player is vested once they have 4 seasons. So players like Budda are getting paid, regardless, once week one rolls around. He would also not be subject to the waiver wire and would be an immediate free agent, if the Cards cut him...Same with DHop.