2023 NBA Playoffs - Other Teams

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of things that happen in a game besides scoring points, and Murray quite often has horrendous games as a shooter.

He's one of the most hit and miss guys in the league and when his shot isn't falling he is worthless.

And yes, I absolutely believe you're a million miles off on this one. Bridges trade value blows Murray's to oblivion.

this is unhinged. Especially considering how pathetic Bridges is when the chips are down in the playoffs compared to how Murray’s game doesn’t just stay at the level he plays at during the regular season, but explodes comes when the chips are down in the playoffs.

And the fact that he’s vastly superior playmaker to Bridges and even though he’s smaller even rebounds at the same rate.

Not to mention Bridges defense fell off a cliff this season as he became a volume scorer who did next to nothing to move the needle for wins and losses.

Look… you might be 1000% that the KD trade ends up a complete disaster but you don’t need to back that up with this insane idea that perennial choking playoff dog Bridges, not only has more value than playoff superstar Jamal Murray, but blows it to oblivion. That is ludicrous.

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
this is unhinged. Especially considering how pathetic Bridges is when the chips are down in the playoffs compared to how Murray’s game doesn’t just stay at the level he plays at during the regular season, but explodes comes when the chips are down in the playoffs.

And the fact that he’s vastly superior playmaker to Bridges and even though he’s smaller even rebounds at the same rate.

Not to mention Bridges defense fell off a cliff this season as he became a volume scorer who did next to nothing to move the needle for wins and losses.

Look… you might be 1000% that the KD trade ends up a complete disaster but you don’t need to back that up with this insane idea that perennial choking playoff dog Bridges, not only has more value than playoff superstar Jamal Murray, but blows it to oblivion. That is ludicrous.

Yeah, Bridges value smokes Murray.

I would have said the same line about Bridges and Murray's value 4 months ago. A bad defender who is very hit or miss on offense who has missed a lot of games. He's had some great games this playoffs but he is not a superstar. When Jokic went out with foul trouble and Murray had to face the teeth of the defense he missed 7 straight shots.

His trade value is not near what Bridges is.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This really needs a repost, I hope everyone can get a look at it.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I've never seen anything quite like it. He should have been called for a carry, he should have been given a tech, he did it right in the face of the quickest "T" whistle in the NBA.

Scott Foster is the absolute worst.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This really needs a repost, I hope everyone can get a look at it.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I've never seen anything quite like it. He should have been called for a carry, he should have been given a tech, he did it right in the face of the quickest "T" whistle in the NBA.

Scott Foster is the absolute worst.

I guess if you are carrying on a conversation with Scott Foster, it's okay to carry the ball.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
They don't have traveling in the NBA anymore except when you go on the road. Bridges will never make the Max never. Murray probably already dose.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I remember saying something similar late in the season and getting pushback because even though his numbers were good, they were empty stats. LeBron isn't a top 10 player anymore. He is still good but he's no longer a #1 on a team and is probably somewhere between 15-25 in the league. Who knows how he looks next year. I think he'll coast until his kid can be drafted and then retire after his son's rookie year is complete.
I think the impact is what’s missing. LeBron is still able to rebound and pass at a high level and he made All-NBA. His mind is his biggest advantage as his body is slowing down, which is natural in year 20.

The scoring bursts come and go as he has to rely on his shaky 3 point shot. He’s definitely a sidekick to AD but we know AD has games where he just doesn’t show up.

Even if Bron’s shot isn’t falling, he still impacts the game in other ways.

For example, Tatum is better than LeBron right now but we’ve seen him have some playoff stinkers this postseason. LeBron’s highs aren’t what they used to be but he’s still consistent and has actually been solid defensively in the playoffs.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah, Bridges value smokes Murray.

I would have said the same line about Bridges and Murray's value 4 months ago. A bad defender who is very hit or miss on offense who has missed a lot of games. He's had some great games this playoffs but he is not a superstar. When Jokic went out with foul trouble and Murray had to face the teeth of the defense he missed 7 straight shots.

His trade value is not near what Bridges is.
Murray is a #2 on a potential championship team. Bridges hasn’t proven he can be that yet. Jamal is a better defender than you give him credit for.

That Jokic-Murray 2 man game is unreal….Jamal definitely has games where he’s streaky but they don’t win game 2 without his heroics. Remember Jokic didn’t score a FG in game 1 or 2 in the 4th.

Very different players and I wouldn’t say it’s clear cut either way.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People really think Bridges has more value than Murray? Seriously?
From the minds who brought you…

“We could have beat this Nuggets team with the twins because they’re really just the same team we killed in 2021” ignoring the massive impact that Murray makes, and that when the screws get tight in the playoffs Bridges plays like crap on offense AND gets torched on D AND the fact that CP2023 wasn’t close to CP3 in 2021…”

Again, there are legitimate arguments to make to trash the KD trade but the one above that needs to contort itself to make the Bridges is not only valued more than Murray, but a million times more is jaw-dropping and bizarre.

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
So just looking at all the trades that the Lakers have done. Many were horrible, until recently when they ran out of draft picks and finally had to make good trades or else. They dealt away all their first round picks basically, and finally had to buckle down and get players that fit around LeBron better. Why can the Lakers do this, but we can't?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
People really think Bridges has more value than Murray? Seriously?
Murray is averaging 25/6/5 in 47 career playoff games is about to be the 2nd best player on a title team. He’s streaky but the knee injury threw off his development but he’s clearly back to being a star. The best case for Mikal is probably a poor man’s Indy version Paul George.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Murray is averaging 25/6/5 in 47 career playoff games is about to be the 2nd best player on a title team. He’s streaky but the knee injury threw off his development but he’s clearly back to being a star. The best case for Mikal is probably a poor man’s Indy version Paul George.
Murray is a star the West is just loaded with guards right now: Steph, Dame, Book, SGA, Fox, Morant, Anthony Edwards, etc.

How many guys is he better than in that group? You could say Ja and maybe Fox….

Bridges is interesting because if he were to keep his scoring stats and get back to an All-defense level, then you’d have a conversation about the better asset going forward.

Right now Murray is the better playoff performer and is entering his prime so it’ll be curious how he continues to develop.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
From the minds who brought you…

“We could have beat this Nuggets team with the twins because they’re really just the same team we killed in 2021” ignoring the massive impact that Murray makes, and that when the screws get tight in the playoffs Bridges plays like crap on offense AND gets torched on D AND the fact that CP2023 wasn’t close to CP3 in 2021…”

Again, there are legitimate arguments to make to trash the KD trade but the one above that needs to contort itself to make the Bridges is not only valued more than Murray, but a million times more is jaw-dropping and bizarre.

“Bridges is just a role player.”

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 calls in 4 possessions against Denver, all of them after Denver had secured a defensive stop.

After 3 quarters the FT's were 22 to 10 for the Lakers and Joker hadn't shot a FT until the 4th quarter. They got hot from 3 but part of the reason Denver took over and won is they started getting to the FT line.

The 4th foul on Joker was ridiculous and they reviewed it and said oh there's contact with the leg. As Van Gundy and Jackson said that's either a no call or a foul on Gordon, it's not a foul on Joker.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“Bridges is just a role player.”
Yeah… here’s the difference between the two of us. I can actually admit when I’m wrong. Bridges is a very very good player. But seeing as his defense fell off a cliff this year when he actually had to assert himself on offense, right now he’s a one dimensional volume scorer who doesn’t move the needle in wins and losses and was a complete and utter playoff failure AGAIN with absolutely putrid performances in 3.5 games out of 4 played.

Meanwhile, Murray is a great scorer, very good playmaker (much better than Bridges) and somehow is even as a rebounder with Bridges even though he’s a PG V. a SF. And he’s the rare player that doesn’t just match his regular season output in the playoffs but is one of those special players who raises their game to superstar level in the playoffs as opposed to Bridges who regularly craps the bed in the biggest moments of the season.

But keep holding on to this absurd notion that no one but the biggest suns Homers/KD trade haters back up.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah… here’s the difference between the two of us. I can actually admit when I’m wrong. Bridges is a very very good player. But seeing as his defense fell off a cliff this year when he actually had to assert himself on offense, right now he’s a one dimensional volume scorer who doesn’t move the needle in wins and losses and was a complete and utter playoff failure AGAIN with absolutely putrid performances in 3.5 games out of 4 played.

Meanwhile, Murray is a great scorer, very good playmaker (much better than Bridges) and somehow is even as a rebounder with Bridges even though he’s a PG V. a SF. And he’s the rare player that doesn’t just match his regular season output in the playoffs but is one of those special players who raises their game to superstar level in the playoffs as opposed to Bridges who regularly craps the bed in the biggest moments of the season.

But keep holding on to this absurd notion that no one but the biggest suns Homers/KD trade haters back up.

You've been miles off on Bridges value the entire time. The Nets turned down 4 1st rounders for him as soon as they got him. You act like because he didn't make the all-NBA defense team his defense was trash... it's ridiculous.

Meanwhile, we traded him and Cam for a 'superstar' and came out the other side worse for it in real time.

Yeah, the Nets got swept... they got swept last year too, with Durant putting up significantly worse shooting stats than Bridges did this year. Going against an elite defense as the lone gunman isn't easy.

Bridges value as a 2 way player who has shown he can light up the score board now exceeds that of Murray. Murray is having a good run right now in the playoffs. He is also one dimensional, almost all the play making on Denver goes through Jokic and Murray has missed large chunks of time with injury.

I can also admit I am wrong... when I am wrong. I am not wrong here.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
James Jones was in Miami for a while... maybe now that we have an owner with some money he can poach some of their player development and scouting staff.

Their depth is destroying the Celtics, despite Oladipo and Herro being out.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Jones was in Miami for a while... maybe now that we have an owner with some money he can poach some of their player development and scouting staff.

Their depth is destroying the Celtics, despite Oladipo and Herro being out.

It's remarkable. At one point the undrafted heat players had 36 points, Boston's entire team had 35. It was 35-33 when they showed it and then Robinson hit a 3.

Boston will probably come back and make it competitive but the lack of energy down 2-0 is stunning.

I mean they had Cody Zeller in for about 5 minutes, 6 officially and they were PLUS 1 with him.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's remarkable. At one point the undrafted heat players had 36 points, Boston's entire team had 35. It was 35-33 when they showed it and then Robinson hit a 3.

Boston will probably come back and make it competitive but the lack of energy down 2-0 is stunning.

I mean they had Cody Zeller in for about 5 minutes, 6 officially and they were PLUS 1 with him.

Miami is whipping the ball all over the place and playing really fast, Boston's offense seems to consist of recklessly charging into the lane and then flailing the ball towards the hoop, or just heaving up a contested 3.

They don't trust each other right now.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose