2023 Phoenix Suns Offseason

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see the Clippers moving Hyland. They acquired him at the deadline for a reason. Terrence Mann would be just as good, IMO.

I like Terrence Mann but Bones Hyland was a flat out gift.

I've even developed a conspiracy theory about it. :cool:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Terrence Mann but Bones Hyland was a flat out gift.

I've even developed a conspiracy theory about it. :cool:

I'd really like Hyland and would prefer him to Mann but I think Mann is the safer bet. He has the higher floor and is more capable of starting at PG now vs Hyland.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
I'd really like Hyland and would prefer him to Mann but I think Mann is the safer bet. He has the higher floor and is more capable of starting at PG now vs Hyland.
Mann has the size and needed tools to play great defense, and is at least the same level of Malik Monk, Bruce Brown on offense. A lineup of Book, Mann, Okogie could switch freely on D.

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
James Harden would be a PG dynamo here. When he played that role in Brooklyn with a healthy KD/Kyrie he had close to the highest offensive rating by an individual player. He could show up to work everyday sleep deprived and stinking of cheap perfume and still ball out with KD/Book.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
James Harden would be a PG dynamo here. When he played that role in Brooklyn with a healthy KD/Kyrie he had close to the highest offensive rating by an individual player. He could show up to work everyday sleep deprived and stinking of cheap perfume and still ball out with KD/Book.

And he’s the biggest choke artist in the history of the NBA. He’s horrible in the playoffs

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never been a strip club guy so idk how the valley stacks up. I’m just not a fan of super close body proximity with strangers.
I went a handful of times several decades ago, never my idea. I liked the concept but not the reality of it.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How exactly does harden think he gets paid here?

I really don't want anything to do with him, but am surprised he is interested.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No. Harden has no ability to drive by anyone anymore. His best days are well behind him, and he has many games he sleep walks through just like Ayton.

He is basically just a moody volume 3 point shooter at this point.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No. Harden has no ability to drive by anyone anymore. His best days are well behind him, and he has many games he sleep walks through just like Ayton.

He is basically just a moody volume 3 point shooter at this point.

Harden is washed, he's lost 2 steps. He never played D, so there's really no point in looking to acquire him at this point in his career.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Harden is washed, he's lost 2 steps. He never played D, so there's really no point in looking to acquire him at this point in his career.
They also changed the rules a few years ago for how the offensive player was allowed to initiate contact, and that set Harden's game way back. I suspected back then that he was the main target of the rule change.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I would want, young, tall, athletic guys at the other three spots around Book and KD. That way switching, stamina, and injury problems would be minimized. If we still have CP3, he's our sixth man, maybe closing minutes guy in the fourth quarter. If We still have Ayton, I still bring in a center, and I tell Ayton, he's going to have to earn minutes.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
He’s clearly washed as a team carrier which he had to be with Embiid playing hurt. He single-handedly won two games vs Boston so he can be productive in the right role. Based on what he did with Capela I’d try to run it back with Ayton if we got him. Do I think it has more than a 10% shot of happening? No.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way I would take on Harden unless you could somehow get him on the cheap. The Suns need depth.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Blec with the Harden BS! What about the more important stuff, like does anyone have eyes on Shamet?
Someone peek in on him, make sure he's packing his house up. I hear Nader needs a roommate.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The Phoenix Suns are likely to guarantee the full salary of star guard Chris Paul for the 2023-24 season, league sources tell Bleacher Report.

Paul, 38, is only guaranteed $15.8 million of his $30.8 million wage if he were to be waived by the June 28 deadline. Phoenix still maintains some flexibility with the decision, but the franchise is currently of the mindset that Paul will open up next season as the team's starting point guard, sources say.

The 12-time All-Star suffered a left groin strain in Game 2 of the second-round series versus the Denver Nuggets and was not able to make a return. The Suns were eliminated in six. Had the series been extended to Game 7, Paul would have been cleared for that contest, sources say.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson