Starting QB

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think with this staff it will be whoever is better in camp.

Tune has the edge as this FO is invested in him and McCoy has maybe a year left.

Tune would have to be clearly worse than McCoy to lose out.

Gannon and Co. will approach this with one question in mind: Who gives us the best chance to win?

(Because, unlike some fans, he has no interest in tanking)

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score

Tune has the edge as this FO is invested in him and McCoy has maybe a year left.

Decent chance he will be worse since he is a 5th round rookie. McCoy isn't good of course, but he will likely learn the offense much quicker.

Who knows, maybe Tune will play extremely well, and we end up having an enormously expensive backup the second half of the season.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score

What edge does Tune have? He was drafted in the 5th round. What has the FO invested in him? Very little. IMO they will start McCoy and go from there. It's all speculation at this point. Nobody knows what they will do.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
If you want the sure loss you start David Blough, not Colt McCoy. McCoy could occasionally win a game with receivers like Hopkins and Brown.
Factually accurate. I forgot he was on the team! :raccoon:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What edge does Tune have? He was drafted in the 5th round. What has the FO invested in him? Very little. IMO they will start McCoy and go from there. It's all speculation at this point. Nobody knows what they will do.

His Edge is that he's young, cheap and under contract for 4 years.

McCoy is old and likely retires after this year.

If it's close then Tune should have the edge.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

This makes little sense to me. It's not like he's ever starting over Kyler or we're evaluating a guy to be our QBotF. You'd be right if we were trotting Wentz out there as our starter like WAS, and had to see if a guy like Howell could cut it and be our potential future, but that's not the case.

There's basically two options: ride Kyler when he returns, or if he's just that terrible, draft one of the top QBs with ours or Houston's pick next year. Tune's really got no pathway to significant playtime in this org - not that I'm saying I'm against having a talented backup or trade chip.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
This makes little sense to me. It's not like he's ever starting over Kyler or we're evaluating a guy to be our QBotF. You'd be right if we were trotting Wentz out there as our starter like WAS, and had to see if a guy like Howell could cut it and be our potential future, but that's not the case.

There's basically two options: ride Kyler when he returns, or if he's just that terrible, draft one of the top QBs with ours or Houston's pick next year. Tune's really got no pathway to significant playtime in this org - not that I'm saying I'm against having a talented backup or trade chip.
Niners didnt think purdy would ever start in front of Lance....now rumors have Trey on the trading block.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The important thing that you're forgetting is that MOJG drafted him. That's why they're invested in him more so than any other QB on this roster not named Kyler Murray.

OP
OP
The6

The6

All Star
Reaction score

If the cards are smart they def draft a QB with that high pick. I dont trust Kyler can deliver with a good or bad knee.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I would invest 1 pick per year on the QB position like this year

would be nice to have a solid team like the redskins of old who took in two super bowls with marginal QBs

spread the risk

I remember the cowboys having an offensive line so good it did matter who the QB or RB was

invest in the OL including the TE

people slobber over Brady and his draft position,
but what I saw was good protection, amazing TEs and a not your buddy coach who demanded excellence

i tire of success predicated on the health of your QB