Monty Williams Fired (Hired by Detroit)

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And…. Why? Gambo sucks that he puts out these blanket statements. Just to get views.

Gambo hasn't been breaking stories on what the Suns WILL do for a while, but he seems pretty plugged in on what they WON'T do.

As for why... probably the same reasons a bunch of us here hope they won't go after him. The Bucks fired him for the same reasons we fired Monty.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because he has contacts with the Suns. He asked them if they had interest and they told him no.

This isn't hard. I trust Gambo with Suns news. His record is pretty good.

It sounds like Gambo's source will only tell him who the Suns are not interested in. I haven't seen him breaking Suns news.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
Gambo saying no Bud, no Nurse. Saying Lou is a long shot because he has to want to go to the suns and get out of his contract.

So much for getting a good experienced coach it sounds like.
I guess then Vogel, McMilan, Mark Jacksons would have a chance here.
Otherwise, Steve Kerr might be the best fit if he decides to come back to AZ

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It sounds like Gambo's source will only tell him who the Suns are not interested in. I haven't seen him breaking Suns news.
Well that kind of makes sense. Could mess up negotiations to tell him who they do want.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I post this knowing there will be a couple of “yeah, buts,” but this shows how ignorant Monty was about letting this happen over and over again, especially late in games.

btw he’s a good follow on TikTok
There is no way in H that KD is 240 pounds. Good grief.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one talking in the video was probably repeating the listed weight for Kevin Durant in Basketball Reference and ESPN.

I'd like to know Durant's real weight.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I post this knowing there will be a couple of “yeah, buts,” but this shows how ignorant Monty was about letting this happen over and over again, especially late in games.

btw he’s a good follow on TikTok
Monty sucked and Ayton is soft. Those are coexisting issues.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Gambo is a goofy bastard, but his Suns connections are legit.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I wouldn't say he's 100 percent, but pretty much all the guys available at the deadline and buy out Gambo said we weren't interested in, we did not get them.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ugh!!!!

Reports are now saying that IT is rumored to be the next coach, or a "candidate".

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say he's 100 percent, but pretty much all the guys available at the deadline and buy out Gambo said we weren't interested in, we did not get them.

The Suns need to expand their horizon if this is true.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd rather have Isiah as a Head Coach than a GM. I'm not considering the settled lawsuit as I have no real knowledge of that aspect of the man but I've seen him as a GM and I've been remarkably unimpressed.

I figure he can do less damage as a Coach. If he runs afoul of Durant or Booker, he won't last long. KD left Kerr for the Nets 5 seasons ago and since then the teams he's been on have gone through 4 Head Coaches while KD has logged a total of 154 games. Booker's coach to games played average is better but still, I think 5 of his Head Coaches have been let go (counting the interim). My point is, as Head Coach Thomas will have to succeed and not piss off his stars or he'll be shown the door, best buddy to the owner or not. GM's can usually fire a subordinate or two before they get the axe.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose