Monty Williams Fired (Hired by Detroit)

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I want Lue as my #1 also but think the price may be a problem.

Doc Rivers was gotten for a 1st rounder.
Stan Van Gundy was gotten for two 2nd rounders.

We really can't be giving up picks like that for a coach right now IMO.

For free? Lue. Otherwise Nick Nurse is my new #1. And we may be fighting Milwaukee for him.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

For free? Lue. Otherwise Nick Nurse is my new #1. And we may be fighting Milwaukee for him.
I read that Milwaukee is interviewing Mark Jackson too.

I want Budenholzer, for our next coach. By that I mean the coach that gets hired when our short Durant window closes and we're left with the unknowns that work their butts off to make up for their shortcomings. I'm not sure who I want as the sacrificial lamb for the next 2 or 3 years but Bud is a great coach with scrubs. He or Kenny Atkinson would top my list once our next guy is fired.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Do we have a first round pick for Lue or does Brooklyn own it?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stephen A. Smith says Deandre Ayton got Monty Williams fired.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, the Nets own our first round pick this year and every other year for the next 1,000 years. Or at least it will feel that way as they cash in our next 4 first rounders.

The Nets own the Suns 1st rounder every other year until Devin Booker is the same age as KD is now, to put into some perspective.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Nets own the Suns 1st rounder every other year until Devin Booker is the same age as KD is now, to put into some perspective.
Can you put it into some other perspective, maybe one that doesn't bring up bile?

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Why would Lue want to come here? I’d love him, but I’d there any incentive? He’s well liked there.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Which sucks not cause we’ll be picking top-5 but b/c we won’t be able to improve team more by trading them. However, once the draft starts in those years we still have our picks (24’, 26’, 28’) they can be traded. See the Shamet trade in 21’ while OKC had our pick in 22’.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which sucks not cause we’ll be picking top-5 but b/c we won’t be able to improve team more by trading them. However, once the draft starts in those years we still have our picks (24’, 26’, 28’) they can be traded. See the Shamet trade in 21’ while OKC had our pick in 22’.
True but with the assets we gifted Brooklyn, our pick in that swap year probably isn't going to have a lot of value. Still, it's better than not having one at all.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Suns don't want to have anything to do with draft picks anyway. After all, they are skeletons.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I should also mention the Nets have the right to swaps picks in the 2028 draft.

Anyone missing any twins?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns don't want to have anything to do with draft picks anyway. After all, they are skeletons.

Those comments by JJ make me leery of how much was Sarver and how much was him, especially regarding to the draft. He did a hell of a job convincing the world it was his decision to neglect the draft.