2023 Phoenix Suns Offseason

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well there you go. No need to make changes just get healthy. Nothing to see here
We're way past that but no, it wasn't my point in any way. We needed to seriously upgrade the backup positions.

It's clear we can't count on CP3 or CamP being healthy at any given time so we needed 2 effective PGs and it's highly unlikely we could have landed both at midseason let alone 1 of them. So I believe our final game would have probably occured no later than game 7 against Denver even if we'd not make the big trade.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't know how anyone thought JUST getting KD would lead us to the promised land.
I said right after we got him that we would be in trouble in the playoffs w/o proper backup.
We knew all this, but its easy to fall into the hype that Skip, Shannon, Perkins and all the other casuals put forth.

KD was the first step.

Good things to come.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know how anyone thought JUST getting KD would lead us to the promised land. I said right after we got him that we would be in trouble in the playoffs w/o proper backup. We knew all this, but its easy to fall into the hype that Skip, Shannon, Perkins and all the other casuals put forth. KD was the first step.

Good things to come.
I'm not a believer that it will happen but like most of us foolish fans, I live in hope that it will.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kevin Durant thought he was walking into a normal family and then DeAndre Ayton happened

He knew DA would be frustrAyton. He won a gold medal with Booker and Monty recently. Chances are they felt Ayton would be involved in a deal for KD so they weren't too worried about what they let slip.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rozier is making about $25M per year for the next 3 years. Would Paul be appealing to them when they can pay him $15M to go away and save $60M?

Last edited:

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t think they deal him in conference and I see ATL making huge changes. It’s all gonna depend on if they choose to roll with Trae.

If they choose Trae then Murray is a real possibility and that would be best case scenario.
I have no issue trading DA to a conference foe.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was going to ask what the rush is to fire scouts before the draft but the Suns pick 52 and odds of that player making the roster are pretty slim. Hopefully there's some plan to buy our way into the early 2nd round or late 1st. We need cheap young talent.
Actually odds are pretty good.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know how anyone thought JUST getting KD would lead us to the promised land.
I said right after we got him that we would be in trouble in the playoffs w/o proper backup.
We knew all this, but its easy to fall into the hype that Skip, Shannon, Perkins and all the other casuals put forth.

KD was the first step.

Good things to come.
No good things are coming unless he plays significantly better.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rozier is making about $25M per year for the next 3 years. Would Paul be appealing to them when they can pay him $15M to go away and save $60M?

Paul's deal has a guaranteed date of June 28th so we can't trade him for another team to waive and save money this year. His salary in any deal is guaranteed $30 million, or whatever the full amount is.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Kyrie to phx smoke is thick
I'd be surprised if they can make a deal work. But if they do, I think it significantly increases our chances of winning it all and significantly increases our chances of bottoming out in a spectacular manner.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Kyrie to phx smoke is thick

It won't happen because the Suns are over the luxury tax line already and it would create a hard cap situation they'd need to operate under for the year. They don't have a lot of options but that would reduce the number of options available.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if New York would take a deal swapping CP3 for Randle. Randle is due $28.3 million next year and CP3 is on the books for $30.8 so money should work. We can add a 2nd round pick as a sweetner. Main thing is they move off Randle, who isn't a #1 and get an expiring type contract in return in CP3. Thibs runs a small lineup now with Brunson and Quickley together. The Knicks GM is CP3's old agent and New York had ties to him before.

Be nice if we could work an Ayton for Mitchell Robinson swap in with that but that makes the money a little trickier.

A big 3 of Book, KD, and Randle should compete though, regardless who the Center is.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Moving Ayton for Mitchel Robinson would be hilarious. I swear Suns fans lol

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moving Ayton for Mitchel Robinson would be hilarious. I swear Suns fans lol

Why don't you start another thread that points the blame at anyone other than the guy who was too bruised to suit up?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder if New York would take a deal swapping CP3 for Randle. Randle is due $28.3 million next year and CP3 is on the books for $30.8 so money should work. We can add a 2nd round pick as a sweetner. Main thing is they move off Randle, who isn't a #1 and get an expiring type contract in return in CP3. Thibs runs a small lineup now with Brunson and Quickley together. The Knicks GM is CP3's old agent and New York had ties to him before.

Be nice if we could work an Ayton for Mitchell Robinson swap in with that but that makes the money a little trickier.

A big 3 of Book, KD, and Randle should compete though, regardless who the Center is.

Randle makes Ayton look like a highly motivated, work horse.

I would loath getting Randle. He is a turd.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Randle makes Ayton look like a highly motivated, work horse.

I would loath getting Randle. He is a turd.

I don’t mind Randle at all. He’s not a 1 at all but he would be at best a 3 here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA