Starting QB

The6

All Star
Reaction score
Who is the starter till Kyler is back. Is their a clear favorite

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think McCoy will be the starter at the beginning of the season. They could switch to Tune if Kyler is out a long period and McCoy doesn't look very good.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I think McCoy will be the starter at the beginning of the season. They could switch to Tune if Kyler is out a long period and McCoy doesn't look very good.
The way they have cleared space i was thinking they might well encourage Colt to retire...unless they really value his mentorship.
It just makes more sense to go with the younger guys instead of a vet that cant start 4 games in a row.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I've gotta think it's simply too early to call. Every guy has their particular warts. It wouldn't shock me if we see 2-3 different guys play before Kyler gets back. Part of me gives the edge to Driskel because we went out and signed him, and he's younger than McCoy.

I think Tune would have to come out and look really impressive to beat out either guy. I don't think Blough makes the roster, maybe the practice squad until Kyler is back.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The way they have cleared space i was thinking they might well encourage Colt to retire...unless they really value his mentorship.
It just makes more sense to go with the younger guys instead of a vet that cant start 4 games in a row.
You may be right especially since neither Monti or Gannon have any ties to McCoy.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I've gotta think it's simply too early to call. Every guy has their particular warts. It wouldn't shock me if we see 2-3 different guys play before Kyler gets back. Part of me gives the edge to Driskel because we went out and signed him, and he's younger than McCoy.

I think Tune would have to come out and look really impressive to beat out either guy. I don't think Blough makes the roster, maybe the practice squad until Kyler is back.
Agree. But come final cuts i wouldnt be surprised to see them offer Colt "Assistant QB Coach"... keeps his mentoring while freeing a roster spot

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If we're going to put McCoy behind this line just save everybody some time and send him straight to the hospital
McCoy owes us a win against a division rival before he goes to the hospital, he's beaten everyone at least once so far.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I think it may end up being McCoy, but he isn't even throwing yet...or at least wasn't at last report. It definitely opens the door for another guy. I think Colt may end up coaching, sooner rather than later.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They may start with McCoy, but it won’t be long before he gets injured.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’d be shocked if it’s not Colt. He actually is a very very good backup when he’s out there. The problem is he could never stay healthy and now he’s old to boot. IMO the chances of him lasting 4 consecutive games behind center to start the season are in line with our chances of winning the division.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
I think the odds heavily favor Colt McCoy because unlike the others, he actually has experience. If Tune looks crazy good in preseason I guess that could happen. That doesn't seem likely though.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think with this staff it will be whoever is better in camp.

Tune has the edge as this FO is invested in him and McCoy has maybe a year left.

Tune would have to be clearly worse than McCoy to lose out.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose