Reaction score
Guys I would be interested in keeping outside of the top 4 in order

Landale
Bizzy
Payne
Okogie
Warren

These guys all make the minimum except for Payne. Craig's tough

I like them all as people but they are all seriously flawed as players. I don’t get people’s obsession with Jock Landale he’s really not good.

Cam Payne is interesting. Cam Payne as a starter is a totally different player. He’s one of the guys I’d like to see without Monty around

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dillon Brooks was one of the worst rotation players in the league last year. His inclusion on the all-defensive team is laughable and a product of his own hype.

Memphis will see improvement on both ends simply by purging him from their roster.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Isn’t half that Laker team set to be free agents. I just went to the trade machine and they have nobody.

But yes I would take a bunch of those role players or even DLO in a sign and trade

I wouldn’t be scared one but going against CP38
I hope that Lakers say no to CP. Don’t need that dirty injured guy on the roster. Every team he’s on turns to crap.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dillon Brooks was one of the worst rotation players in the league last year. His inclusion on the all-defensive team is laughable and a product of his own hype.

Memphis will see improvement on both ends simply by purging him from their roster.
Can you imagine an off-season of bringing in Isiah Thomas and Dillon Brooks to the ugliness we just witnessed?

Would make it even easier to cut the chord with this team.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can you imagine an off-season of bringing in Isiah Thomas and Dillon Brooks to the ugliness we just witnessed?

Would make it even easier to cut the chord with this team.

Thomas as GM, Brooks, Kyrie (probably giving Dallas pick swaps for no reason in the trade because that is what Zeke does)... then probably Thomas as GM/coach as the clown show he assembles goes up in flames.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thomas as GM, Brooks, Kyrie (probably giving Dallas pick swaps for no reason in the trade because that is what Zeke does)... then probably Thomas as GM/coach as the clown show he assembles goes up in flames.
Oh my God… Kyrie would truly make that trifecta of terror. I’d be done until all that excrement was flushed down the toilet.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
First, we need a new coach inserted. Book's press no show is frustration vs. Monty that 3 years in a roll we got eliminated the same way, without proper adjustment to the series evolution.
Book and KD makes the best duo core to build a team around, comparable maybe by Jokic single-core, and historically by Jordan-Pippen core. We need to build the roster and design fitting plays properly to maximize its value. For example, Okogie is a better-than-Mikal type of defender but a bad shooter, yet coach only knows to park him in the core for 3pt making him a destined failure on offense.
As to offseason moves, I hope, subject to competing offers from other teams
- Landale and Bizzy can be retained for around 4m/y each
- Okogie get the 2.8m/y he supposedly could get without using any exception. Warren get the bi-annual exp., he is a capable scorer with savvy and his defense is better than rumored. I think Craig is gone, he hussles, but his defense is average and his shot really streaky. Damion is also useless, his 3pt % is good because he avoids shooting them often. Ross, I'm not sure. He actually improved on D during his stint here.
- Saben, Bazley, Ish stay with the min.
- DA, CP3, Shamet, Payne moved in various combinations. Opting out on CP3 and Payne's contracts gets us the 12.5mil mid-exception, with which we might target FAs like Brook Lopez, Horton-Tucker if opted out, etc.
- As to the Hawks suggestions, DA/Shamet +Payne) for Capela/Collins, DA/CP3 for Capela/Collins/Murray, DA/CP3/Shamet for Capela/Collins/Bogdan/Bey... a lot of combos work salary wise.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First, we need a new coach inserted. Book's press no show is frustration vs. Monty that 3 years in a roll we got eliminated the same way, without proper adjustment to the series evolution.
Book and KD makes the best duo core to build a team around, comparable maybe by Jokic single-core, and historically by Jordan-Pippen core. We need to build the roster and design fitting plays properly to maximize its value. For example, Okogie is a better-than-Mikal type of defender but a bad shooter, yet coach only knows to park him in the core for 3pt making him a destined failure on offense.
As to offseason moves, I hope, subject to competing offers from other teams
- Landale and Bizzy can be retained for around 4m/y each
- Okogie get the 2.8m/y he supposedly could get without using any exception. Warren get the bi-annual exp., he is a capable scorer with savvy and his defense is better than rumored. I think Craig is gone, he hussles, but his defense is average and his shot really streaky. Damion is also useless, his 3pt % is good because he avoids shooting them often. Ross, I'm not sure. He actually improved on D during his stint here.
- Saben, Bazley, Ish stay with the min.
- DA, CP3, Shamet, Payne moved in various combinations. Opting out on CP3 and Payne's contracts gets us the 12.5mil mid-exception, with which we might target FAs like Brook Lopez, Horton-Tucker if opted out, etc.
- As to the Hawks suggestions, DA/Shamet +Payne) for Capela/Collins, DA/CP3 for Capela/Collins/Murray, DA/CP3/Shamet for Capela/Collins/Bogdan/Bey... a lot of combos work salary wise.
Those combos may work salary wise but most don’t value wise, IMO. We’re not getting Capella/Collins/Murray for Ayton and the cap relief/corpse of CP3.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
Those combos may work salary wise but most don’t value wise, IMO. We’re not getting Capella/Collins/Murray for Ayton and the cap relief/corpse of CP3.
I was only referring to previous posts' suggestions. The core would be DA for Capella/Collins, which talent wise greatly favors Hawks just due to age, and gets them cap relief of ca. 15mil in 2024/25 where Murray's extension kicks in.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was only referring to previous posts' suggestions. The core would be DA for Capella/Collins, which talent wise greatly favors Hawks just due to age, and gets them cap relief of ca. 15mil in 2024/25 where Murray's extension kicks in.
Gotcha.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I was going to ask what the rush is to fire scouts before the draft but the Suns pick 52 and odds of that player making the roster are pretty slim. Hopefully there's some plan to buy our way into the early 2nd round or late 1st. We need cheap young talent.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Although the engine of the dynasty was there before he got there (Curry), Bob Myers would be a great hire:

- Drafted Klay, Dray, Barnes, Looney, Poole
- Traded for Iguodala, Bogut and Wiggins
- Signed KD and some depth guys like Livingston, Ezeli and Payton Jr etc
- Hired Steve Kerr
- Former agent with league connections

He checks all the boxes if available…

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
Although the engine of the dynasty was there before he got there (Curry), Bob Myers would be a great hire:

- Hired Steve Kerr

Kerr as Suns GM wanted Curry in that draft, and then joined him to GS when that failed. I recall. :)

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Kerr as Suns GM wanted Curry in that draft, and then joined him to GS when that failed. I recall. :)
Yup, that's exactly right. That deal (in exchange for Amare) was supposedly agreed upon but Don Nelson put the brakes on it at the last minute. It would have likely changed the Suns fortunes for the following decade if it had gone through.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

- Hired Steve Kerr

Without doubt this is the guy.

Reaction score
Agree, I think it happens fast. Ishbia, is probably having conversations with his circle right now on coaches who can handle stars. I like Monty, he is a nice religious man, he speaks well, but he is not a coach that can handle super stars, he will land a gig fast probably in some **** franchise in the East.
Bingo. But what I don't hear much around here is that our main failing is our DEFENSE. We were giving up over 100 per game against Denver. Would have been torched if Leonard and George had played for the Clips. I'm not saying Bridges was Mr. Lockdown, but we lost a lot of D with him and Crowder that hasn't been replaced. CP3's "D" was steals, but those don't come now. Payne, Ross, most of the bench are liabilities. Akogi showed good defense during the reg season then was overwhelmed in theplayoffs. Ayton? Hard to tell. Would Joker have abused anyone? Maybe, but the absence of rebounding, esp. O rebounding by him makes him trade bait.

And no, I don't have names right now to obtain.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bingo. But what I don't hear much around here is that our main failing is our DEFENSE. We were giving up over 100 per game against Denver. Would have been torched if Leonard and George had played for the Clips. I'm not saying Bridges was Mr. Lockdown, but we lost a lot of D with him and Crowder that hasn't been replaced. CP3's "D" was steals, but those don't come now. Payne, Ross, most of the bench are liabilities. Akogi showed good defense during the reg season then was overwhelmed in theplayoffs. Ayton? Hard to tell. Would Joker have abused anyone? Maybe, but the absence of rebounding, esp. O rebounding by him makes him trade bait.

And no, I don't have names right now to obtain.
Our defense has been shaky off and on since the finals run, I think posters have grown tired complaining about it especially since our offense fails at least as often. And this is 2023, most teams average well above 100 points even in the postseason. Only Brooklyn and Cleveland averaged fewer than 100 points so far in the playoffs and neither team made it out of the first round.

Only two teams have held opponents to fewer than 100 points per game in the playoffs this season and that's Cleveland (99.6) and the Knicks (99.7). And both teams are right where we are, spectating.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Our defense has been shaky off and on since the finals run, I think posters have grown tired complaining about it especially since our offense fails at least as often. And this is 2023, most teams average well above 100 points even in the postseason. Only Brooklyn and Cleveland averaged fewer than 100 points so far in the playoffs and neither team made it out of the first round.

Only two teams have held opponents to fewer than 100 points per game in the playoffs this season and that's Cleveland (99.6) and the Knicks (99.7). And both teams are right where we are, spectating.

The team is completely different from our finals run. The ball movement on offense is GONE. It’s like we have no plan it’s a lot of iso and pieces that don’t mesh including Paul.

The team defense is gone and that was when Bridges was here so that’s not an excuse. Bridges defense was not good this year.

We just stopped getting better we stopped playing hard and I fully blame the coaches

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The team is completely different from our finals run. The ball movement on offense is GONE. It’s like we have no plan it’s a lot of iso and pieces that don’t mesh including Paul.

The team defense is gone and that was when Bridges was here so that’s not an excuse. Bridges defense was not good this year.

We just stopped getting better we stopped playing hard and I fully blame the coaches
We were missing between 4 and 7 of our top 8 players for much of the season prior to the trade, can't blame the defense on Mikal when he's playing with unfamiliar scrubs and the team defense is based on constant switching with no one aware of their responsibilities. But look at our record, our defense and our offense when we were healthy. We were very good, top 3 or 4 in the league record-wise.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We were missing between 4 and 7 of our top 8 players for much of the season prior to the trade, can't blame the defense on Mikal when he's playing with unfamiliar scrubs and the team defense is based on constant switching with no one aware of their responsibilities. But look at our record, our defense and our offense when we were healthy. We were very good, top 3 or 4 in the league record-wise.

Well there you go. No need to make changes just get healthy. Nothing to see here

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave