2023 NBA Playoffs - Other Teams

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Green will sign with LAL.

Everyone assumes that because he and LeBron are friends, I don't know the Lakers situation they might do it just because LeBron likes him I don't see him being a good fit. You have to surround LeBron with guys who can shoot or catch lobs because of his passing. That's not Draymond.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kerr just said hats off to Wiggins for playing tonight he was in a great deal of pain all game but just sucked it up. Said it was the first thing he said to the team in the locker room.

Which again points out was it really better to play a guy in pain who gets 6 points and 4 boards, over healthy guys but I guess he's the coach

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
The Warriors and Kuminga’s representatives are expected to discuss his future this offseason, league sources say. Golden State will need to decide whether Kuminga will receive a full-time role moving forward, and, if not, league sources say the No. 7 pick in the 2021 NBA Draft will want to be somewhere he can play more.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Warriors and Kuminga’s representatives are expected to discuss his future this offseason, league sources say. Golden State will need to decide whether Kuminga will receive a full-time role moving forward, and, if not, league sources say the No. 7 pick in the 2021 NBA Draft will want to be somewhere he can play more.

Yep and he's right, if wiggs was in that much pain why not give Kuminga run. Kid put up 14 PPG 60% from the floor in 13 games in March before Wiggs came back. He's not as good as Wiggs but he's better than what Wiggs was tonight IMO

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't even catch it until Kerith Burke said it in the postgame, Warriors had only 2 guys get double digits tonight, Lakers had 5 guys in double digits

apparently first time in history 2 guys on the same team missed 10 or more 3's in the same game. Surprised Houston didn't do that in that missed their last 80 3's game.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Klay on right now he and Draymond have both said they think they should keep the 3 guys together and go for a title run next year. I just don't see it they're all older so injury prone.

Those 3, Wiggs and Looney with Payton, Donte and Kuminga. If you could rely at all on Poole but still need a big man. I think the main issue is nobody thinks Poole can be relied on there's a report out now that unnamed NBA gm's called him "empty calories. Same article suggests if Myers leaves, Poole might go where he does.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Klay on right now he and Draymond have both said they think they should keep the 3 guys together and go for a title run next year. I just don't see it they're all older so injury prone.

Those 3, Wiggs and Looney with Payton, Donte and Kuminga. If you could rely at all on Poole but still need a big man. I think the main issue is nobody thinks Poole can be relied on there's a report out now that unnamed NBA gm's called him "empty calories. Same article suggests if Myers leaves, Poole might go where he does.

Real easy for Klay to suggest they keep them all together right now. Let's see if he's willing to take that pay cut to make it happen. The Warriors have been paying the tax for far too long to keep adding to it but they don't really have any other options now with the CBA changes since they're so far into it.

Fumats20

Veteran
Reaction score
Yep and he's right, if wiggs was in that much pain why not give Kuminga run. Kid put up 14 PPG 60% from the floor in 13 games in March before Wiggs came back. He's not as good as Wiggs but he's better than what Wiggs was tonight IMO

Crazy how that happens everywhere.

And I see why players go where the money at. At least pay me to treat me any old kind of way.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBA is getting the matchups they want by having the refs control all of the series I’ve watched so far

They didn't do us any favors but the issue the Warriors had IMO was AD just dominated the paint and took away a big part of their offense. Steph probably missed more layups in this series than he did in the last couple of months. That lefty layup he missed last night was the definition of rim protection, he had AD beat but he was so concerned about AD recovering and blocking the shot, again, that he tried to quick shoot it and didn't get a good pickup with the left hand and missed it.

The Lakers do a lot of things that bug me, Schroder in particular is a huge flopper and he talks lots of trash, but can't complain about that with Draymond on your team.

this game was lost in the first 6 minutes of them when the Warriors, Klay in particular couldn't knock down open 3's.

I don't particularly care who wins but I'm really interested to see AD and Joker, best offensive C in the league against the best defender.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pelinka made all the right moves with the supporting casts while Jones mostly failed.
Pelinka made all the right moves at this trade deadline while we completely failed. But whether that's on JJ or not, we may never know.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Pelinka made all the right moves at this trade deadline while we completely failed. But whether that's on JJ or not, we may never know.
If the Lakers don’t win the title (they won’t), will you still hold this opinion? I mean, geez.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Lakers don’t win the title (they won’t), will you still hold this opinion? I mean, geez.
Of course I will. The Lakers were a very mediocre team, traded away very little in future assets and became a pretty good team that is now in the conference finals. We were a very good team (when healthy) and traded ourselves into being a second round victim all while severely limiting our means of improving over the next 7 years. And I don't expect the Lakers to advance any further.

Last edited:

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Based on expectations,yes. Laker were a fringe play in team now in the conference finals. Suns were expected by many to be in or win the championship. The Suns became the Westbrook Lakers after the trade. Too top heavy, no depth and no future. When will teams and fans realize that top heavy teams can’t win a championship? Now Laker fans are clamoring for Draymond. No way, no how.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats @Brian in Mesa , Your season has been extended another round!. I hope you are ready to take a few more elbows in the post. :wink2:
Thanks. Both teams from the Bubble Finals are still alive, including the champs from that season. ;)

From a 2-10 start to the WCF. I'll take it. Best team since the trade deadline. Love the influx of younger talent as opposed to that retirement squad we previously had.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Denver in 5 and will score 125 a game.
That'd be much different from the regular season. The Nuggets never scored that many on the Lakers this season, before the Lakers made their huge trade deadline deals and improved defensively.

Lakers vs. Nuggets 2022-23 regular season series​

The Lakers and Nuggets split the season series, winning two games each.

• Oct. 26, 2022: Nuggets 110, Lakers 99
  • Oct. 30, 2022: Lakers 121, Nuggets 110
  • Dec. 16, 2022: Lakers 126, Nuggets 108
  • Jan. 9, 2023: Nuggets 122, Lakers 109
There's only so much you can take away from those results because each game was played before the trade deadline when the Lakers reshaped their rotation, turning Russell Westbrook into D'Angelo Russell, Jarred Vanderbilt and Malik Beasley.

Jokic appeared in all four games against the Lakers, posting averages of 23.3 points, 12.3 rebounds and 9.8 assists. Davis and James both played in three of the four games. Davis averaged 18.3 points and 11.0 rebounds compared to 25.0 points, 7.3 rebounds and 7.0 assists for James.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This from a Nuggets fan's twitter feed:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That'd be much different from the regular season. The Nuggets never scored that many on the Lakers this season, before the Lakers made their huge trade deadline deals and improved defensively.

Lakers vs. Nuggets 2022-23 regular season series​

The Lakers and Nuggets split the season series, winning two games each.

• Oct. 26, 2022: Nuggets 110, Lakers 99
  • Oct. 30, 2022: Lakers 121, Nuggets 110
  • Dec. 16, 2022: Lakers 126, Nuggets 108
  • Jan. 9, 2023: Nuggets 122, Lakers 109
There's only so much you can take away from those results because each game was played before the trade deadline when the Lakers reshaped their rotation, turning Russell Westbrook into D'Angelo Russell, Jarred Vanderbilt and Malik Beasley.

Jokic appeared in all four games against the Lakers, posting averages of 23.3 points, 12.3 rebounds and 9.8 assists. Davis and James both played in three of the four games. Davis averaged 18.3 points and 11.0 rebounds compared to 25.0 points, 7.3 rebounds and 7.0 assists for James.
I think Denver wins the series but a Laker win certainly wouldn't surprise me. But I give the edge to the Nuggets because history suggests they'll be putting AD in a wheelchair again pretty soon and he won't return quite as quickly as this last time. But talent wise (assuming good health), it's anyone's guess IMO.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson