Playoffs: Nuggets @ Suns Thursday game thread 5-11-2023 - Game 6

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ishbia has New Owner Syndrome as Bill Simmons calls it. After this catastrophe he’s going nuclear this off-season.

I believe Mat Ishbia helped create this disaster.

Doubt James Jones would have done the Durant trade without the encouragement of new ownership.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Montys gotta go:

Zero adjustments all series

Plays Tross consistently when hes horrendous defensively…laughably bad

Doesnt call timeout on whole 17-0 run

Doesnt run any sets to get jokic in action

Doesnt run any screens to get gordon off durant

This is rookie stuff

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score

Doubt James Jones would have done the Durant trade without the encouragement of new ownership.
Durant isn't the issue. Adding him only helps. The issue is the rest to the starting lineup besides Booker. You can't beat a loaded Denver team with your backup PG and a center who is softer than toilet paper.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
Monty's roster evaluation has been a big problem behind our failure. Last year, Payne was bad but he let him play for too long before switching to Shamet. This year, Shamet has been bad except for one game, but he stuck to him, not giving Ross and Warren more chances earlier. Only very late did he come to play them more. And letting KD play through double- and triple-teamings is ineffective, Book's insane shooting bailed us out for too long until Jeff Green's foul injured his foot. There should be more off-ball screenings and all, to take advantage of the situation. Our role players are all limited in their talents, but it's coach's failure to make a balance and effective game plan to make the best of it.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This disaster was create well before Ishbia… Jones has been flat out awful the last few years building the roster period! Not addressing the PG position knowing Paul and Payne injury history is beyond bad! We probably don’t even get past the clips had we just run it back with Cam and Bridges. We took a swing and it didn’t work but 8 games is hardly time to build team chemistry with a moron coach changing the lineups daily! To early to call the Durant deal a failure we have him no they need to shore up the tens around Book and KD and let them have a season together hopefully under a quality coach and better role players.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And Tiger Woods won the 2008 U.S. open on a torn ACL.
I played division III regular season football games with three cracked ribs and a dislocated shoulder. Had to wear a flak jacket and had my shoulder pads tied down so I could extend my arm fully up. And Ayton sits out an elimination game with bruises. F that guy. Just F that guy.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Suns fans have to face reality about Booker as well. I think you can officially call Booker the type of player that will blaze then fizzle…every single time. He has done it 3 years running.

Maybe the organization realized it which is why they were hoping to land another take over the game player like Durant.

Booker has to have a Superstar play next to him or he is
never going to get it done here.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Monty's roster evaluation has been a big problem behind our failure. Last year, Payne was bad but he let him play for too long before switching to Shamet. This year, Shamet has been bad except for one game, but he stuck to him, not giving Ross and Warren more chances earlier. Only very late did he come to play them more. And letting KD play through double- and triple-teamings is ineffective, Book's insane shooting bailed us out for too long until Jeff Green's foul injured his foot. There should be more off-ball screenings and all, to take advantage of the situation. Our role players are all limited in their talents, but it's coach's failure to make a balance and effective game plan to make the best of it.
Yeah, Monty doesn't have a clue how to do any of that. Not that they would have likely turned the series or this game around, but not sure how Craig goes to being a DNP practically this whole series, and Okogie is a complete DNP this last game. What this head coach does seems random as can be sometimes... actually, a lot of the time.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I have been watching Shamet. In the playoffs when he is on the floor the Suns are -25. He has the second worst +/- on the team. He has the lowest DRTG on the team in the playoffs. He had one great game. If not for that game it would look even worse.

Yeah don’t get the pregame hope with shamet. He’s awful at basketball 80% of the time. Tonight anytime we would go in a little run he would either turn it over or miss a wide open 3.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Durant isn't the issue. Adding him only helps. The issue is the rest to the starting lineup besides Booker. You can't beat a loaded Denver team with your backup PG and a center who is softer than toilet paper.

James Jones assembled this group. Look at the skeletal remains of the Suns roster and tell me it is all good.

The Suns sold their future in the Durant trade.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Listen Ayton has checked out I’ve been trying to tell people Monty Williams is not who you think he is.

I was talking to my boy who’s pretty connected and he was telling me Monty and Paul have become cancerous on this team. Book is not a fan
If book is truly not a fan they’re gone.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I played division III regular season football games with three cracked ribs and a dislocated shoulder. Had to wear a flak jacket and had my shoulder pads tied down so I could extend my arm fully up. And Ayton sits out an elimination game with bruises. F that guy. Just F that guy.
I played an entire half of a basketball game on a compound fractured ankle. Swelled to the size of a softball and couldn't even get my shoe off after the game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
There appears to be several players who aren't what we thought they were. Unfortunately, the Suns traded a couple of good ones.

Players worth anything don't check out when the series is on the line.
Wait, those “good ones” were a part of the checked out team that spanned last season by the mavs. No?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Jones assembled this group. Look at the skeletal remains of the Suns roster and tell me it is all good.

The Suns sold their future in the Durant trade.
What future? You keep saying they sold their future. They have every other pick. What was their future? Our core was and is fools gold.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Yeah, Monty doesn't have a clue how to do any of that. Not that they would have likely turned the series or this game around, but not sure how Craig goes to being a DNP practically this whole series, and Okogie is a complete DNP this last game. What this head coach does seems random as can be sometimes... actually, a lot of the time.
How a guy goes from playing amazing in round 1 to almost getting no chance to play in round 2 is astonishing to say the least. Should have never taken Craig out of the starting lineup IMO.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

At least he’s a better human being than Sarver.
I think Suns fans have to face reality about Booker as well. I think you can officially call Booker the type of player that will blaze then fizzle…every single time. He has done it 3 years running.

Maybe the organization realized it which is why they were hoping to land another take over the game player like Durant.

Booker has to have a Superstar play next to him or he is
never going to get it done here.
Book’s issue is that any minor ailment significantly impacts his performance. Given his propensity to get “banged up” it’s always going to be like this. He played at a ridiculous level these playoffs but he won’t hold up physically throughout a long playoff run.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This disaster was create well before Ishbia… Jones has been flat out awful the last few years building the roster period! Not addressing the PG position knowing Paul and Payne injury history is beyond bad! We probably don’t even get past the clips had we just run it back with Cam and Bridges. We took a swing and it didn’t work but 8 games is hardly time to build team chemistry with a moron coach changing the lineups daily! To early to call the Durant deal a failure we have him no they need to shore up the tens around Book and KD and let them have a season together hopefully under a quality coach and better role players.

You don't see me defending James Jones. The point is, the Suns threw a Hail Mary pass and missed when there was absolutely no need for it.

They didn't have the depth to contend for a championship this season after they gutted their roster for a soon-to-be 35 year old superstar who may be past his prime.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson