Playoffs: Nuggets @ Suns Thursday game thread 5-11-2023 - Game 6

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Come on be serious not even remotely the same team we were younger namely CP3 and Denver wasn’t complete as in missing their best shooter for 1. Keep breathing that drum but Bridges and Cam were getting us nowhere! We are just short handed and Denver is complete and Deep and showing it…

We were deep and closer to complete than currently assembled. Yes, Denver has Murray back but they were patient and kept their young core intact.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Nuggets kept building around their core players even through injury.
You mean having the best Big in the league and surrounding him with shooters? Yeah well JJ needs to hit the door with Monty they both have been bad for years. Doesn’t change the fact Bridges and Cam wouldn’t have done anything to make us better, they both had their chances and failed miserably in the playoffs.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns kept trying to build around our core with young talent we still would have Ayton which is complete fools gold. As long as Ayton is part of our CORE we were not going to win a title. Ayton‘s regression is proof positive.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean having the best Big in the league and surrounding him with shooters? Yeah well JJ needs to hit the door with Monty they both have been bad for years. Doesn’t change the fact Bridges and Cam wouldn’t have done anything to make us better, they both had their chances and failed miserably in the playoffs.

A team needs a chance to grow together.

If nothing else, the Suns would have had a boatload of assets to improve the team.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The nuggets could afford to add solid role players around Their core cuz they had a core. The suns had to contend with pauls decline.
If the story is true that Monty wanted no more of Ayton after that Milwaukee series, we missed a great chance to improve. We should have traded DA that summer before we declined to extend him while he still had first pick value. I just wonder who stood in Monty's way and kept Ayton in town despite Monty's wishes.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A team needs a chance to grow together.

If nothing else, the Suns would have had a boatload of assets to improve the team.
What in the Suns history proves they can turn assets into a championship team? This organization’s track record trying to build through the draft, stock pile assets, slow build, retool….you name it has worked great for the last 55 years.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
The Suns absolutely need to fire Monty if for no other reason than to keep Shamet from ever seeing the court in a Suns uni again. If they somehow do bring Monty back as coach, I'm convinced he's going to try to actually build the team around Shamet with Booker and Durant as second/third options.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
If the story is true that Monty wanted no more of Ayton after that Milwaukee series, we missed a great chance to improve. We should have traded DA that summer before we declined to extend him while he still had first pick value. I just wonder who stood in Monty's way and kept Ayton in town despite Monty's wishes.

James Jones

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Jock is freaking +10

Finishes with +7 in 31 minutes. That's incredible. All of the Nuggets' damage was done during the relatively brief time Landale was on the bench.

LOL, I was calling for Biyombo, but he's -26 in 8 minutes. That's hard to do.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don’t know why this stuff is coming out now, but if things were that bad between Monty and Ayton it seems really dumb to have kept them both.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What in the Suns history proves they can turn assets into a championship team? This organization’s track record trying to build through the draft, stock pile assets, slow build, retool….you name it has worked great for the last 55 years.

And trading for a declining star whose leadership has been questioned everywhere hes been was the answer? Come on. The Suns hadn't drafted 4/5 of their starting lineup and let them all reach their prime together before so I'm not sure why you point to history as an indicator of future failure. Look how well it worked for Golden State.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson