Playoffs: Nuggets @ Suns Thursday game thread 5-11-2023 - Game 6

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
81pts in the first freakin half

Nuggets aint that good we're just that bad

Can't believe both Booker and KD are no shows

And Luka Doncic is somewhere watching this monstrosity with that stupid smile on his stupid face

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sigh. Suns down 81-51 after the 2nd quarter. :rolleyes: :help:

Booker shooting 4/12 (1/2 3 pointers), 2/2 free throws, 2 turnovers
Durant shooting 2/11 (0/0 3 pointers), 4/4 free throws, 2 turnovers

Suns shooting 40% (7/14 3 pointers, 8/11 free throws, 8 turnovers
Nuggets shooting 61.7% (4/10 3 pointers), 19/21 free throws, 2 turnovers

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Y’all……this is embarrassing. Is Book hurt? Or is he just playing like ass? Payne and Landale are the only ones who showed up. This isn’t a championship team. Monty has to go….once is an accident, twice is a trend. I’m not watching the 2nd half.

I love this team but when we won’t show EFFORT, then why should I waste my time and energy? #1, I believe in you but this is twice now we’ve gotten dogwalked at home in an elimination game.

AzCardsfan76

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Better schematics coach than Williams will ever be in the playoffs.
Budenholzer has a ring. Suns organization doesn't. Oh yeah,
he wrecked Monty just two years ago with 4 straight wins and the title.
Facts.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Second year in a row being down 30 at half time in an elimination game.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
The same farce over and over in each of the last 3 playoffs. The offense by Monty is simplistic and limited in number, and seen through by the opponents by the 5th game at latest. The good enough team always find a way to stop it completely, and Monty has to other alternatives. OTH, Monty exchanges defense for offense which in turn helped Nugs gain confidence offense that is their strength you want to disrupt at all costs. And like the game 6 loss to Dallas last year, it's not really DA's foul but Monty's.
Seems to be some truth to this. We got absolutely anything we wanted in games 3-4 and now can't get anything easy. I am now officially on the fire Monty bandwagon. This has to be a coaching issue. Maybe the amount of being put in bad positions is wearing on the players at this point. Who knows for sure.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
The suns are pathetic but I think the nuggets really are good. I’d prefer they win it of all the remaining teams.
I honestly would bet they will get bounced by either the Lakers or Dubs in 6 games. I believe they are good, but not as good as we are letting them look.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Y’all……this is embarrassing. Is Book hurt? Or is he just playing like ass? Payne and Landale are the only ones who showed up. This isn’t a championship team. Monty has to go….once is an accident, twice is a trend. I’m not watching the 2nd half.

I love this team but when we won’t show EFFORT, then why should I waste my time and energy? #1, I believe in you but this is twice now we’ve gotten dogwalked at home in an elimination game.
Who knows. He could just be having another horrible game. But I do know that every time he gets a minor injury he plays poorly until he's back to full health. I've never seen a player of his caliber just fall off a cliff like he does with an injury he's capable of playing through.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has to be the worst b2b flameouts in consecutive years I can remember.

I think the collapse against the Rockets 2 years in a row after having 2-0 leads in each series was worse. Of course I was young and that sort of set the tone for my Suns fandom for years to come. Now I almost expect these collapses.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Called it. I said after the last game that the Nuggets broke the Suns and it was over. Monty has to go. He needs to be fired tonight, right after the game. Jones needs to go tomorrow.
I definitely had a bad feeling after game 5. They punched us in the throat and we didn't respond and now we have seemingly given up.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Called it. I said after the last game that the Nuggets broke the Suns and it was over. Monty has to go. He needs to be fired tonight, right after the game. Jones needs to go tomorrow.

Jones needs to go at the same time as Monty by a day later is fine by me. I'm not putting this loss on Monty, I feel JJ is more to blame for this rosters construction and glaring holes for the last 2-3 seasons.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I don’t blame you.

I agree after this I think Monty has to go.

we are actually in a bad spot. After this sorry performance will vets even want to sign up with us?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose