Playoffs: Nuggets @ Suns Thursday game thread 5-11-2023 - Game 6

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Um, I don't know what you have been watching but Shamet has been playing Damn good defense on Murray, a lot better than Okogie.

And his ability to hit an open 3 is better too. I think it is the right move.
I have been watching Shamet. In the playoffs when he is on the floor the Suns are -25. He has the second worst +/- on the team. He has the lowest DRTG on the team in the playoffs. He had one great game. If not for that game it would look even worse.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think a Dr had Ayton do some physical movements/stretches, asked if he was in pain, Ayton said yes, and I'll leave it at that

I don't think organization is necessarily holding him out but I don't think they're necessarily encouraging him to play either

There could be some sort of unspoken amicable agreement - that DeAndre isn't mentally fit right now - and I'm personally struggling with myself publicly showing frustration regarding his mental health. Been thinking about that this past hour.

I'm sure he does want to succeed and help his team but if it's not in his control I should probably chill on trashing him for it

If he is having issues I hope he can work through them and get some help if he chooses that route. As far as the team goes we still have an important game to play tonight - live or die time. I think we'll some how manage to survive but it's going to be a wild ride
That part right there.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So much drama!

And I am not just talking about the ASFN posts, lol.

Will DA cheer properly from the bench?

Will Murray play and infect the Suns team before game 7?

Will Al McCoy get his career extended to a game 7 in Denver?

Will KD meet expectations by scoring over the measly 30 or so points he has been scoring?

Will Book return to SuperBook form?

Will Monty find the help he needs on the bench or keep searching in vain?

Will Shamet find his flamethrower?

Will the Suns new owner get his hands on the ball again?

STAY TUNED AND FIND OUT THE ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS AND MORE!!!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So much drama!

Will KD meet expectations by scoring over the measly 30 or so points he has been scoring?

McCoy hasn't been doing road games. We need to win the series.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So much drama!

I'm curious if DA will be on the bench, and if he is then will he be active in the huddles like CP3 has been.

AzCardsfan76

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is an elimination game at home. Put a pad on and play. That's ridiculous!
Haha, this is spot on for DA. He is weak physically and mentally. Any excuse to escape the pressure he’s going to jump at. He won’t be missed, there has been nothing special about his game in the playoffs, he’s literally taking up space until he gets into foul trouble.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hour and a half til tip off. Idk what to expect tonight. Denver is a better team, I think that’s pretty clear. Just wanna see us compete and not pull a no-show like the Mavs last year in game 7. C’mon Book, whatever you got tonight. KD….please be efficient.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think a Dr had Ayton do some physical movements/stretches, asked if he was in pain, Ayton said yes, and I'll leave it at that

I don't think organization is necessarily holding him out but I don't think they're necessarily encouraging him to play either

There could be some sort of unspoken amicable agreement - that DeAndre isn't mentally fit right now - and I'm personally struggling with myself publicly showing frustration regarding his mental health. Been thinking about that this past hour.

I'm sure he does want to succeed and help his team but if it's not in his control I should probably chill on trashing him for it

If he is having issues I hope he can work through them and get some help if he chooses that route. As far as the team goes we still have an important game to play tonight - live or die time. I think we'll some how manage to survive but it's going to be a wild ride
This whole post just shows how weak he is....if applicable.
Now it will also show that I don't take mental health seriously.
I seriously do. Screw you Abominayton

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
None of this should be surprising. He said from day one he wanted the 2nd contract. Nothing about pursuing greatness or winning a championship.

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Listen Ayton has checked out I’ve been trying to tell people Monty Williams is not who you think he is.

I was talking to my boy who’s pretty connected and he was telling me Monty and Paul have become cancerous on this team. Book is not a fan

AZ Native

Reaction score

Listen Ayton has checked out I’ve been trying to tell people Monty Williams is not who you think he is.

I was talking to my boy who’s pretty connected and he was telling me Monty and Paul have become cancerous on this team. Book is not a fan
So, what is your boy’s solution?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

No, Ayton is who a lot of us thought he was, mentally weak and physically soft.

AZ Native

Reaction score
He was more aggressive in college. But in the NBA he barely cried.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Book is not a fan of Paul and Monty, or just Monty?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are the Suns starters.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There appears to be several players who aren't what we thought they were. Unfortunately, the Suns traded a couple of good ones.

Players worth anything don't check out when the series is on the line.