Playoffs: Nuggets @ Suns Thursday game thread 5-11-2023 - Game 6

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
As if the Suns situation can't get more comical. Shamet is starting.

Shamet? Shamet. We are talking about Shamet. Not Payne, Not Okogie not Craig but Shamet.

Holy crap this can't get much worse.

:biglaugh:
I have my doubts too, but the results show that Shamet has defended Murray the best. Now, if Murray isn't playing...? Who knows what Monty will do.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let’s get this over with.

This offseason will not be like last. It was so crystal clear we needed massive changes and JJ sat on his ass.

I fully expect JJ, Monty, Paul, Ayton all GONE.

Nobody on this team not named Booker is safe even KD.

Dr dumas

Veteran
Reaction score
I do t think Ayton wants to play as it’s too much pressure. This way if the Suns lose, Ayton won’t have any part in the lose.

I’m actually happy he’s not playing. If he were, he would be doging it due to his bruise.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As if the Suns situation can't get more comical. Shamet is starting.

Shamet? Shamet. We are talking about Shamet. Not Payne, Not Okogie not Craig but Shamet.

Holy crap this can't get much worse.

:biglaugh:
Um, I don't know what you have been watching but Shamet has been playing Damn good defense on Murray, a lot better than Okogie.

And his ability to hit an open 3 is better too. I think it is the right move.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do t think Ayton wants to play as it’s too much pressure. This way if the Suns lose, Ayton won’t have any part in the lose.

I’m actually happy he’s not playing. If he were, he would be doging it due to his bruise.
That's easy to say, but I don't care what anyone says he is better than Biz, so it makes our chances of winning worse.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Um, I don't know what you have been watching but Shamet has been playing Damn good defense on Murray, a lot better than Okogie.

And his ability to hit an open 3 is better too. I think it is the right move.
Truth

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Ayton situation is what it is. I’m happy he’s out. He’s not mentally ready for the game right now. Monty should have him stay home to get his head right

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not worried about DA being out, not much to miss. Jock and Bizz should be able to cover DA's 8pts 7rb and 4 fouls.
Suns by 10

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wonder if Ayton is being held out, and the injury is being used as an excuse. To me, Suns look better without Ayton against Denver.
Monte is the one who bruised his rib. Pushed him up against a locker and worked the body, no visible evidence.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shamet has been consistently the best defender on Jamal Murray since this series started. It's unfortunate that his offense has been abysmal outside of one game, but that's just a fact.
But has Okogie's offense been good even 1 game. Nope.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sitting out do or die with a rib contusion?
I've seriously seen enough of this bum. What a complete joke. Every player on the team better be letting him have it.
A contusion lol

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But has Okogie's offense been good even 1 game. Nope.

He's been a flat out disaster. 14% from 3 in the post season, his defense has slipped too.

Two months ago we thought we wouldn't be able to afford him in free agency... right now his highest offer might come from China.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
You have hockey players who come back into games after getting 50 stitches but Ayton can’t play with bruised ribs? Give me a break.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I wonder if Ayton is being held out, and the injury is being used as an excuse. To me, Suns look better without Ayton against Denver.
I think a Dr had Ayton do some physical movements/stretches, asked if he was in pain, Ayton said yes, and I'll leave it at that

I don't think organization is necessarily holding him out but I don't think they're necessarily encouraging him to play either

There could be some sort of unspoken amicable agreement - that DeAndre isn't mentally fit right now - and I'm personally struggling with myself publicly showing frustration regarding his mental health. Been thinking about that this past hour.

I'm sure he does want to succeed and help his team but if it's not in his control I should probably chill on trashing him for it

If he is having issues I hope he can work through them and get some help if he chooses that route. As far as the team goes we still have an important game to play tonight - live or die time. I think we'll some how manage to survive but it's going to be a wild ride

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave