The Positive Kyler Murray News Thread

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I hope Kyler can get healthy, play well (great would justify his contract, but I'd take well) and show some maturity. Oh, yeah, and not get hurt AGAIN like he has EVERY year.

But, if ifs and buts were candy and nuts...

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Against all odds, one can feel the slightest bit of momentum starting to build for the 2023 season.

I still think we suck donkey balls next year but anything positive is a step for the two year plan.
I really do believe both parts of the plan are valid. Punt on Kyler and build on a rookie salary or build a beast team around him

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Momentum? For the 2023 season? Rolling us all the way to 3-5 wins, maybe?
There are scenarios where I will be extremely excited with a 3 to 5 win season. 2023. is not, never was, nor should have been about final score wins. It is about the slow grind to fix all the deep rooted, institutional problems with the organization, as well as the entirely botched roster build that was in a perpetual death spiral under Steve Keim, since BA chose to ****.

I for one am excited for the ride, if not the expected game results. Does that mean, I wont have my dreams shattered? Who knows. But just be aware that there is a rather large contingent of fans who derive joy from the ride. ANd please, try not to take that away from us simply because you define your happiness, level of excitement, or even the word momentum differently that we do.

I cant wait to see whats next. The fact that the light at the end of the tunnel could be a train does not deter that excitement at all.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
There are scenarios where I will be extremely excited with a 3 to 5 win season. 2023. is not, never was, nor should have been about final score wins. It is about the slow grind to fix all the deep rooted, institutional problems with the organization, as well as the entirely botched roster build that was in a perpetual death spiral under Steve Keim, since BA chose to ****.

I for one am excited for the ride, if not the expected game results. Does that mean, I wont have my dreams shattered? Who knows. But just be aware that there is a rather large contingent of fans who derive joy from the ride. ANd please, try not to take that away from us simply because you define your happiness, level of excitement, or even the word momentum differently that we do.

I cant wait to see whats next. The fact that the light at the end of the tunnel could be a train does not deter that excitement at all.
Well stated, @schutd

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I hate to be one of those “I know a guy who” people, but one of the dads on the girls soccer team works for the Cardinals in their video production department, and was talking to him about the team a bit tonight. He said that Kyler is like a completely different person this off-season, and is constantly hanging around with the backs and receivers. The guy recently had some type of medical issue, and Kyler even asked him about it and his treatment plan since a family member had the same issue. Said it was very different than his prior observations of Kyler.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Without a doubt & it goes back quite a ways. In so many ways, Kingsbury was a horrible hire.
I said the same the day he was drafted, I know peeps here in Dallas that are close to Kyler. It was Kliffs infatuation with K1 since his Allen days, not the other way around. Add to that Klownsbury coddled Kylers abilities & not challenged him to be great! Kurt Warner & Todd Haley did the same exact things with Fitz & then he became Larry Legend. Let’s hope this is round two of that scenario.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

seriously solid pen, nice work

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Football players want to please their coaches. That is just ingrained. When you have a season like the last one, when it isn't going good with the coach, it really wears athletes down. You hate practice, hate the meetings then it shows on the field. Not talking about just Murray here.

There is a long road ahead and who knows? But it has to feel like a cloud has lifted. Murray and the other vets can just go back to what is natural --- competing and making your coach happy.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It would be so much better for the team to have Kyler be the guy, so they can use those 2 picks to build around him and not have to start over at QB again.
no, with the way these qb’s are coming out, they are ready to play.

You could also draft a Big Ben over Larry Fitz (Harrison Jr) and say which one won a Super Bowl. If Caleb is that guy, you take him.

Idk now if Kyler has thar extra gear to be consistently great.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I find the nattering nabobs of negativism to be tiring. Yes the Cardinals are likely to suck next year, but the process and growth matters more. I want to see Murray get back to early Murray and see him OWN this team.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I find the nattering nabobs of negativism to be tiring. Yes the Cardinals are likely to suck next year, but the process and growth matters more. I want to see Murray get back to early Murray and see him OWN this team.

Hmm I think Bidwill has a thing or two to say about that.

Reactions: PJ1

Stout

Reaction score
It would be so much better for the team to have Kyler be the guy, so they can use those 2 picks to build around him and not have to start over at QB again.
While I've been about as down on Murray as can be, it is clean slate time, and you are no doubt correct. This would be the optimal outcome.

Stout

Reaction score
Okay, 10/10 for nattering nabobs of negativism. I tip my writer's cap to you, sir. And I agree with the rest of your post 100 percent.