Playoffs: Suns @ Nuggets Tuesday game thread 5-9-2023 - Game 5

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not sure this one goes 7. It would have been fine to lose, but to lose like this…Psychologically Denver has the edge and that’s a stinking powerful advantage.
I don’t think it’s that deep lol. Suns have to make threes to have a chance. We had wide open looks, we missed. Denver hit theirs. I will say they probably are a better team and it’s clear to see they have more consistent threats than we do.

Get ready for game 6. Suns won’t get blown out at home, I think this team has more pride than that.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is exactly like the Dallas game. It's over. Denver just wiped the floor with the Suns. They are in their heads now.

I disagree. There was fight shown here. The game was even at the half. Denver is the favorite, on their floor. This loss hurts but this is so far from what we saw last year against Dallas after being up in that series 3-1.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Denver has owned phoenix in all three games in Denver while Phoenix has barely beat them in Phoenix. I think we win Thursday but Denver will win in 7. I hope that’s the end for Monty

I think the Suns will have blood in their eyes if they make it to game 7. They will remember the playoffs last season.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s that deep lol. Suns have to make threes to have a chance. We had wide open looks, we missed. Denver hit theirs. I will say they probably are a better team and it’s clear to see they have more consistent threats than we do.

Get ready for game 6. Suns won’t get blown out at home, I think this team has more pride than that.
Where was that pride the last game 7 the Suns played? :bang:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We won 2 at home. Also, two things have to happen to win 2 in a row. The bench needs to put up at least 25 points in both games and Monty has to make adjustments.

Confidence is low.

Maybe your confidence is low. I'm not worried. I thought this would be a very hard game to steal. Some here seemed too confident we were going to run away with this series after game 4. This was never going to be easy. If the Suns were going to win, it would be in 7. We'll see what happens but now we need to return to Phoenix, get our groove back and build some momentum for game 7.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I hope you are right and I am wrong, man. I really hope so.
Look, I’m not confident, but I don’t think this team unravels. That’s not book and KD this year. I’m 100% sure monty will evidence cluelessness again that hurts us, but this team stormed back in the first half after coming out like crap. Neither book nor KD had it going tonight and the refs really allowed them to play physically with us. But they didn’t fold. They just didn’t play well. And you just can’t let yourself get that far down at the beginning of the game. Took difficult time dig out and then keep up the pressure.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Booker was the only player having any type of impact tonight - we were lucky to come back from behind the first time - but KD just wasn't on and the bench only showed flashes

I'm not even gonna mention that one guy who only needed 4 rebounds in the second half to get his first double double in like 8 years

But before I depart and go eat some chocolate covered Ding Dongs - KD isn't washed he was just off (again). Was really hoping to see him match Booker's intensity

Our bench - is like a really bad father. Never shows up and makes everything harder on Mom

Boom roasted

And I don't know what happened with Craig - dude was lights out against the Clippers - he isn't hurt - he's out there playing garbage minutes with the scrubs right now

Which leads me to Monty Williams. It's taken me a minute to write this so I'm sure the mob is already out and we all know there's no stopping the mob lol

But Monty pretty much tried everything and played everybody - it just wasn't happening. Winning 3 in a row against this Denver team was always unlikely and especially with it being in Denver

Anyways - no excuses - we got our asses kicked - we now need to respond in kind - good game Nuggets

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is a game where CP3 was needed and could have made the difference. They swarmed KD and Book whenever they touched the ball and no one else was looking to do anything other than jack up terrible shots. Not terrible as far as looks but they either rushed, took too long, or short armed it entirely.

Had Paul played he could have initiated an offense and found people in their spots when they're ready. In the first 2 1/2 quarters everyone outside of Book and KD tried to do too much and play outside of their games or in a certain Wildcat's case, do too little.

This was definitely a game we needed CP3 to be a conductor for the offense to get things flowing. For the first time since he's been out, we missed him. Figured it would happen eventually, would have been nice if Book stayed hot so we made it a little longer before Paul's absense was noticeable. Nothing we can do about it now but I believe we'll see a team fired up and ready to go in game 6.