Playoffs: Suns @ Nuggets Tuesday game thread 5-9-2023 - Game 5

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know people on this board love to hate Shamet. I watched him very closely in the last game. That dude works HARD when he is on the court, especially on D. If Ayton could catch some of that, you would really have something.

BTW. I was happy with Ayton's game. If he works hard like that, the rest will come.
Shamet has sucked a big chunk of his stint here. He was paid to be a solid backup to Book but HE played himself out of that role. I posted this before but at the arena it's common place for fans to use his name as a negative verb. I hear it all the time. I want more than anything for this guy to be a regular contributor. We need it.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know people on this board love to hate Shamet. I watched him very closely in the last game. That dude works HARD when he is on the court, especially on D. If Ayton could catch some of that, you would really have something.

BTW. I was happy with Ayton's game. If he works hard like that, the rest will come.
My issue is often more with Monty than with Shamet. When Landry's killing us out there, he ought to be sitting on the sideline instead. But I agree, there's a lot of piling on with him even though he gives great effort and his defense is better than advertised.

As for Ayton, I was content with his game but I was happy with his effort.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't he really supposed to be our backup shooting guard. Anyway, I don't have a problem with his salary, just his inconsistency. His position deserves that much in today's NBA, I just want Shamet to earn his position. And some nights he does, some nights he doesn't.

I was referring to the cost of a "3rd string SG" part of it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess I don't follow ESPN enough.

Initially, I thought they had Jason Williams, nickname "white thunder" on the show.

White Chocolate. And, by the way, the most entertaining player in the history of the NBA IMO. But no, they don't have that guy.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess I don't follow ESPN enough.

Initially, I thought they had Jason Williams, nickname "white thunder" on the show.

White Thunder WTF

white chocolate come on man everybody knows that

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
White Chocolate. And, by the way, the most entertaining player in the history of the NBA IMO. But no, they don't have that guy.
Interesting take. I'm not sure I disagree.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jason Williams was flashy. I thought he would have a better career.

He could distribute but his shooting left something to be desired.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As an aside, Darryl Dawkins was known as "Chocolate Thunder."

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just took a +450 bet for Devin and KD to get 30+ each and the Suns +5.5

Kinda concerns me I can get that good of odds on the result I am hoping for.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, each to their own. For me, that honor falls to Magic Johnson. I loved the things he did on the court and his contagious passion for the game.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If I am Monty I am posting this in the locker room and telling guys to take insult.

That's not Monty's style and I don't think a coach should give any attention to what the spread is. That's something Book or CP3 should mention though as leaders in the locker room.