Playoffs: Suns @ Nuggets Tuesday game thread 5-9-2023 - Game 5

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knowing Monty there is no shot he doesn't start CP3 when he is healthy. I would think that he needs to either tell Paul to speed things up or he needs to have a quick hook. I just don't see any of those things going down well for us and it's going to be tough to figure out. CP3 gives you about 15-18 points a night in easy buckets with his assists which we could use. However, the team just looks so much faster with Payne the last two games.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
IF (big IF) CP3 comes back in this series I don't see him being 100% healthy, and I don't see Monty giving him the starting slot back if he isn't 100% healthy, especially with how the team's playing right now with Payne and Book at PG - so I wouldn't rule out CP3 coming off the bench and again that's IF he is able to return. Truth is nobody knows what Monty will do

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We will need CP3 to close out on a close game. His tempo is needed. Plus the forth is where he shines. That is if he gets going.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wow I wouldn't have guessed Donovan Mitchell
Donovan has had some big games in the playoffs. He’s a great player. He’s probably going to be first team All-NBA this season.

I think what people discount about Book is this is only his third playoffs…Tatum and Mitchell have already had 5-6 appearances.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Donovan has had some big games in the playoffs. He’s a great player. He’s probably going to be first team All-NBA this season.

I think what people discount about Book is this is only his third playoffs…Tatum and Mitchell have already had 5-6 appearances.
This. He has had some MONSTER games.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He wasn't terribly missed in game 5, so I hope he rests or plays only the fourth quarter. I don't want his slow pace.
Yeah I’ll be glad to have him when he’s back as we need all the depth we can get, but it will be interesting to see how he’s deployed.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
IF (big IF) CP3 comes back in this series I don't see him being 100% healthy, and I don't see Monty giving him the starting slot back if he isn't 100% healthy, especially with how the team's playing right now with Payne and Book at PG - so I wouldn't rule out CP3 coming off the bench and again that's IF he is able to return. Truth is nobody knows what Monty will do

I would say keep doing what we are doing. Let CP3 heal up fully and don’t rush him back. Especially if we can control the series.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
Most impressive about last night is that Ayton played terribly and the Suns still won.
I disagree Ayton didn't play terrible. He got 3 rebounds right out the gate and had a nice dunk setting the table for the game. There were some very weak fouls called on Ayton which limited his minutes.

Let Jokic get 70 points so long as we win. Jokic only had what 4 rebounds? That's not typical Jokic so Ayton was doing something right. Jokic some reason can't be defensed or even looked at when he is operating with the ball.

Ayton did what was needed to get a win, we got a nice boost from Shamet's 3's & defense of Murray, TJ left the pine, Ross gave a few points along with the bench showing up and KD & Booker were KD & Booker for the win. Go Suns!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing unforeseen. Chris Paul is OUT for game 5.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media