Playoffs: Nuggets @ Suns Sunday game thread 5-7-2023 - Game 4

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He basically looked right at him and then elbow shoved him. Number 1 you don't initiate contact with a fan ..which he did. It's clear as crap. If this was a female fan things would be much different. I'm not even gonna address its our owner cause it's a fan period. He knew what he was doing and he should be suspended. I'm sure he acted like he can't speak English or knows who it was...but Joker has anger issues. Should be addressed

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're going to excuse it because Ishbia won't give up the ball.
It was basically a delay of game type move and he polished it off with a flop. Ishbia just showing off his basketball skills. Drew a technical foul on the sideline action. LOL

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
After the game, Nuggets coach Michael Malone said he thought it was "crazy" that Jokic was assessed a technical foul in that situation.

"Going to get the ball, and some fan is holding onto the ball who wants be a part of the game. Just give the ball up, man," Malone said.

When asked if he thought it made a difference that the fan in question was the Suns' owner, Malone replied, "I don't give a s---."

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't forget Ishba forcing Jokic into a T. Possible suspension?
So my take on this. Ishbia had the ball. He shouldn't have been holding it, but it's the ref's job to get it back. Jokic initiated by trying to grab the ball out of Ishbia's grasp. Ishbia did not let go. He did not grab Jokic or make a move toward Jokic, Jokic pulled Ishbia and the ball toward himself, and then the ball popped out. At that point, frustrated, Jokic pushes Ishbia away with his elbow.

If it was any other fan, it should be a suspension. Jokic initiated with a fan, twice. Getting the ball was not his job.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I thought it was a great sequence by Ishbia. He holds the ball but doesn’t look at Jokic when he’s trying to pull it away making it look like he’s just a random fan not paying attention. They he knocks it away as Jokic pull the ball away trolling him then slightly sells a shove. It’s a clutch move by an owner who clearly played basketball and understands gamesmanship.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA