Froholdt

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To be fair very little is about the player :)
So its better to make a thread about the center position
At now the best option there is the guy drafted in the fourth round, he carries with him the unknown factor that gives at least some hope.
Other options are not worth consideration
Lecitus Smith didn't show much and what scares me most is his lack of confidence when he knew he would had to play the following Sunday ( one episode of the game plan last season , Lecitus Smith chatting with a couple of veteran linemen)

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
192 posts (193 now) and 8 pages on Froholdt and the inevitable devolution into the science of the determination of when does a center become a center and the value or lack thereof of a center. LOL Even a Gruttadauria citation. Gotta love it.

WHOEVER is the center next year, this team is going to suck (perhaps on a historic level). At least IMO. And, no, I will NOT eat any crow if they go 4-13 and that's proof they didn't suck on a historic level. LOL

This is the Way.
This is the way.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
The center has to assess blocking assignments, identify potential blitzes & stunts, plus stay alert for audibles. Coming through the middle of the line is typically the shortest route to the QB. A rusher can get to the QB before he ever gets set. A bad snap usually dooms a play, often to a big loss, before the play has a chance to develop. Since the snapped ball is lose, a disastrous turnover can ensue from a poor snap. This is not an insignificant position. Couple that with the fact that Murray will be moving under center and already seems to have concerns (justified) about the O-line. A veteran center would seem appropriate if they actually want Murray to have a shot at success.

OP
OP
Goodyear Card

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
Tito Toast Paul. His best play was grabbing his hamstring as the WR ran past him for a TD. Never saw a guy so miraculously recover from so many hamstring pulls.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
The center has to assess blocking assignments, identify potential blitzes & stunts, plus stay alert for audibles. Coming through the middle of the line is typically the shortest route to the QB. A rusher can get to the QB before he ever gets set. A bad snap usually dooms a play, often to a big loss, before the play has a chance to develop. Since the snapped ball is lose, a disastrous turnover can ensue from a poor snap. This is not an insignificant position. Couple that with the fact that Murray will be moving under center and already seems to have concerns (justified) about the O-line. A veteran center would seem appropriate if they actually want Murray to have a shot at success.

My sentiments exactly. I’m not getting what Ossenfort and Gannon are thinking with this. As you clearly outlined, center is one of the few positions that can doom a play from inception

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
192 posts (193 now) and 8 pages on Froholdt and the inevitable devolution into the science of the determination of when does a center become a center and the value or lack thereof of a center. LOL Even a Gruttadauria citation. Gotta love it.

WHOEVER is the center next year, this team is going to suck (perhaps on a historic level). At least IMO. And, no, I will NOT eat any crow if they go 4-13 and that's proof they didn't suck on a historic level. LOL

This is the Way.
Disagree wholeheartedly that this team will suck on a historical level. You obviously haven’t watched this franchise long enough. Looks like we have a brutal schedule, but just disposing of our previous coaching staff & FO, will make this team very watchable on Sundays.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Disagree wholeheartedly that this team will suck on a historical level. You obviously haven’t watched this franchise long enough. Looks like we have a brutal schedule, but just disposing of our previous coaching staff & FO, will make this team very watchable on Sundays.
55 years my friend, 55 years….it’s OK to disagree. I was being a bit hyperbolic :mrgreen:

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t know about “very watchable” but I feel optimistically comfortable with the direction the team seems to be headed in.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
We're not beating Houston next year, because we're going to the game. If we can keep @Buckybird away we might have a chance... :cool:
Or you & John :)
But hey I did exorcise the demon of Klownsbury & Keim last year in Denver so maybe just maybe there’s a chance we will all see a win together before the Lord takes us

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bwahahahahahaha! Homer on, my man. Homer on.

This is an unnecessary post and toes the border of board standards. Continued interactions like this with Britcard will result in a ban.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Its not even remotely as bad as the 2018 roster. Worlds apart.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave