What we are in for….

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gannon is not the Messiah. How “ enthusiasm” is going to wear thin on us and the players.

Mistakes on his part are going to be magnified and the mantra “ It’s a rebuilding year and it’s all about 2024” will start to fall on deaf ears.

It will become clear as day that Kyler’s return will not be enough to salvage a chance to win games this year, even if he returned by game 3.

Yes, there is still time to sign some free agents but that doesn’t appear likely even though there are players out there that could help this year and beyond I.e. Ben Jones.

By November we will have pages of the 2024 draft and its prospects. The debate of drafting yet another Qb with our first pick will ramble on.

As I said, Gannon is not the Messiah. It’s a learning year for him and literally his ENTIRE staff. Rest assured he is going to continually get roasted in this forum. Consolation “wins” are not going to be enough.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer but there is only so much lipstick you can put on a pig. Our fandom and loyalty is going to be severely tested.

Have a nice day.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Im not sure what the point of this is. There is absolutely ZERO chance this team is competitive next year and ABSOLUTELY will be the worst team in football.

If youre a cardinal fan you know this as 100% fact and will not expect to view or experience many wins next year.

If you go into next year expecting victory, you have not been paying attention.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Gannon is not the Messiah. How “ enthusiasm” is going to wear thin on us and the players.
It will only wear thin, if the players and fans cannot see or perceive improvement throughout the year. They can still suck, record-wise, but if they at least resemble a cohesive unit, he won't lose the team.

Mistakes on his part are going to be magnified and the mantra “ It’s a rebuilding year and it’s all about 2024” will start to fall on deaf ears.
The fact Gannon has refuted this being a rebuilding year should keep things going...especially if he maintains my point above.

It will become clear as day that Kyler’s return will not be enough to salvage a chance to win games this year, even if he returned by game 3.
Why? Murray, Hop, Hollywood, etc are definitely potent enough to put points up on anyone. There will be a learning curve, sure, but I don't see this as being like 2018 with Wilks...More like 2013 with BA.

Yes, there is still time to sign some free agents but that doesn’t appear likely even though there are players out there that could help this year and beyond I.e. Ben Jones.
Will be curious to see who gets cut after June 1 or during camp, that still has gas in the tank. It happens every year.

By November we will have pages of the 2024 draft and its prospects. The debate of drafting yet another Qb with our first pick will ramble on.
I think the QB talk will end up being a non-starter. Just my opinion right now. That could change, though.

As I said, Gannon is not the Messiah. It’s a learning year for him and literally his ENTIRE staff. Rest assured he is going to continually get roasted in this forum. Consolation “wins” are not going to be enough.
Who's claiming otherwise? I think most, if not all, on this board are just excited to have a new direction and breath of fresh air in the organization.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer but there is only so much lipstick you can put on a pig. Our fandom and loyalty is going to be severely tested.
Why? If everything you said above is true, then everyone should be prepared as we go into the season...with basically zero expectation. If you have zero, there's nothing that can be done to take anything away.

Have a nice day.
You too. :cool:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
While I agree that optimism can wear thin when things are bad... what's your solution? This team has to rebuild. It's just the reality of the NFL, sometimes you have to. And that means giving the head coach the space to do so. Unless you'd rather we just dissolve the team?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The biggest issue I see is Kyler being unable to get reps in the new offense all offseason and in camp. By the time he returns, the rest of the offense will have months of meaningful reps.

The weapons will be there but will the OL? The weapons will be there but will Kyler coming in cause a regression as he gets on the same page?

I don’t expect a winning record but I am not sure I buy the idea they will have the worst record in the league either.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Im confused. We are not automatically the worst team?? I think if wanted too we could win 7-9 games. Injuries will determine our year. If OL holds well. We have talent in the skilled positions. Detroit. Washington. Giants. Rams. Are not loaded with talent. JMO

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
The biggest issue I see is Kyler being unable to get reps in the new offense all offseason and in camp. By the time he returns, the rest of the offense will have months of meaningful reps.

The weapons will be there but will the OL? The weapons will be there but will Kyler coming in cause a regression as he gets on the same page?

I don’t expect a winning record but I am not sure I buy the idea they will have the worst record in the league either.
I think he will definitely get reps by camp...he just may not be cleared for contact.

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
I don't expect us to just lose, I expect us to get slaughtered. This could easily be the worst Cardinals team ever and we have had some very bad teams. We lost five starters in the off season, and we have replaced them with nothing. We have a poor OL and DL. That doesn't usually produce good results. We have a HC, OC and DC who are new to their position. Most of position coaches are also new to their position. It is unrealistic to expect them to excel in their first year in a job. I have never been so down on the future of the team as I am this year. Not even close.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
I don't expect us to just lose, I expect us to get slaughtered. This could easily be the worst Cardinals team ever and we have had some very bad teams. We lost five starters in the off season, and we have replaced them with nothing. We have a poor OL and DL. That doesn't usually produce good results. We have a HC, OC and DC who are new to their position. Most of position coaches are also new to their position. It is unrealistic to expect them to excel in their first year in a job. I have never been so down on the future of the team as I am this year. Not even close.
From a team that went 4-13 last year. They won't be any worse in 2023 without those same 5 starters.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I agree that optimism can wear thin when things are bad... what's your solution? This team has to rebuild. It's just the reality of the NFL, sometimes you have to. And that means giving the head coach the space to do so. Unless you'd rather we just dissolve the team?

Personally, I'd embrace the rebuild and enjoy watching the young players develop.

There is a sense of satisfaction if one feels the team is headed in the right direction. I'd like to see the Cardinals be competitive.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
We lost Watt, Allen and Murphy on defensive, and you think we are better. Yes, we were a bad team last year, but we are a worse team this year. We will be lucky to get 4 wins this year.
Uhhh...where did I say better? lol I said they won't do worse than last year. 4-13 with them, 4-13 without them.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Personally, I'd embrace the rebuild and enjoy watching the young players develop.

There is a sense of satisfaction if one feels the team is headed in the right direction. I'd like to see the Cardinals be competitive.
First, we actually need to feel that. Talk to me when we'll have more than a handful of players--foundational players--under contract beyond next year and we'll talk.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
However, with Kyler and the rest of skill players on offense, they should put up points. I expect a lot of shootouts.
For how long, and at what "speed?" If Kyler were coming off the back of a decent season, perfectly healthy, in a system he's already comfortable in, I'd give this a lot of credence. It's just not setting up to be a good season for us. Which is perfectly fine! It'll benefit us in the long run. I just wish we would have signed any players at all that will be with us long-term. We really, really nerfed FA this year.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many of you can say today you embrace the rebuild…and so do I. But come back here in November when/if we are 1-8 or 2-7.

We will all tire of Gannons post game and weekly rah rah stuff. We won’t be embracing him and just saying “That’s alright JG it’s a rebuilding year”.
Remember Kingsbury and how sick we got of “ You have to give them credit” crap.

Losing consistently will bring the worse out in us. That doesn’t make any of you or I bad. It’s human nature.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
With the players we lost, they won't be as good on defense. Like, not even close. And they stunk.
the two biggest differences between us winning and losing in 2021 were turnovers, and the resulting loss in T.O.P.
if Peewee runs more ball control, thus raising our T.O.P. its possible the defense could actually be statistically better than last season. maybe not in regards to sacks and such, but in points allowed.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
To me, this coming season is mainly about our new staff getting to see our players in action and getting a feel for our true needs &/or how bad we really are.

I am expecting maybe 2 wins, 3 being a stretch. And I would not even be surprised if we were spoke of at the end of the season as one of the worst teams this century.

I look at us as being literally just a couple years ahead of being a new franchise team. With our '24 draft, along with maybe another huge trade back with one our 1st rounders, it will be somewhat like being in year 3 of building a team from scratch. And that is fine with me. I wanted a franchise team anyway, instead of the Cards.

So next season, every loss should bring us that much closer to a bigger prize waiting at the end. I can't imagine what else anyone would be hoping for or expecting.